The Dark Knight The Dark Knight: tomatometer predictions, ratings and discussion

Red Rose

Civilian
Reaction score
Batman Begins scored 84% overall with top critics awarding it 82%

It will be interesting to see over the next few weeks what sort of score TDK achieves and perhaps in the meantime we can all start speculating on what sort of score you think it will get and whether it will finish the year as the highest rated comic book film?

Iron Man so far has set the benchmark with a very respectable 93%.

80 - 88 %. Some people will complain "Ledger is no Nicholson" I bet, despite that he's obviously not trying to be. :whatever:

Iron Man so far has set the benchmark with a very respectable 93%.

Spider-Man 2 has 93% as well.

I'd like to see The Dark Knight hit at least 90%.

My guess would be in the mid to high 80's.... I hope :(

Most times sequels always get better reception than the first movie (Burton's Batman, Spider-Man, X-Men etc.), I hope it's the same with The Dark Knight.

High 80s but hopefully it will get into the 90s. Either way I could care less since this is bound to make enough money to greenlight a third film and finish the Nolan trilogy. With the third film my life will be complete.

Mid 80s around 85%.

Ther a plenty of critics who don't get a darker Batman and still think he shold be more of a "Hero" than a "Dark Knight".

These are the same critics tha love "Batman and Robin".

OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

142882_main.jpg

This is like playing darts blind folded

Exactly...if anyone would have said in April that Iron Man would have a 93% rating he would have been laughed off.

But in any case the overal rating is more important than the percentage.Iron Man's 93% rating is bigger than movies like There Will Be Blood,Michael Clayton,Zodiac,3:10 To Yuma,Eastern Promises and so on...is it a better movie than those?Not a chance,so over 85% will be excellent for TDK...i have a feeling that it will have a 95-96% rating ala No Coutry For Old Men but i guess we'll see in about a month.

This is basically asking how good you think the movie will be right?

Completely pointless, it could be critically panned, and go down as one of the biggest disappointments ever. We dont know. There is no point to this thread :dry:

It doesn't matter to me, I think BB should have gotten 95% and was shocked when it didn't, so critics opinions on this particular movie matter little to me. :o

However, I don't think 93/94% is out of the question. :word:

anything lower than 85% is a huge wtf
anything above 95% would be a surprise

so my guess is 86 - 94%
I mean yeah BB got a 84%
but lately that movie is praised as the best superhero movie so if TDK does surpase it expect high numbers

People will vote against TDK just to be in favor of Iron Man.
It will happen.
And they will be wrong.

I think TDK will be as well received as the first one. Pretty good with the critics, and extremely well with the fans.

I dont think it will score as high as Iron Man (in terms of overall acceptance by critics) in other words it won't have a 93. Iron Man had a much broader range of audience, it was a "fun action" movie. The Dark Knight is essentially a dark tragedy.

Seriously, this movie will be the bomb and probably rake in the cash but I don't expect an overwhelming critical response. I'm thinking anywhere in the 80's. Thats a great but not outstanding critical score, like Batman Begins.

You know what i think the bottom line is? Critics could like it, critics could hate it. Were getting the same movie at this point, no matter what the reception is. I could be wrong and it could be a critical marvel. It would be nice, but it doesnt change the movie.

Its all part of the plan guys:)

OK then I'll lower it to 60 - 70%. There you go be amazed yet again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"