The Dark Knight The Dark Knight's budget

I read on BOF that the budget will be near the 350 million mark.

...well, they've already built the bat-mobile from the first movie...subtract 6 million dollars from the budget right there. :D

IamtheBatman said:
I read on BOF that the budget will be near the 350 million mark.
yeah, um....that's wrong. kthanxbye

I would hope that budget is actually LESS than Begins. Supposedly Begins was 150 Mill. I would like to see the TDK budget around 115 to 125 million.

They won't give him a budget....they'll send him meat, a nice pack of christmas meat.

i would estimate 160 milliom, maybe 165. cause all of the actor will be getting raises.

lordofthenerds said:
They won't give him a budget....they'll send him meat, a nice pack of christmas meat.

Your signature is disturbing :eek:

Superman Returns, for the record, is still FAR in the red and will be until after the DVD hits, it has come nowhere near recouping its cost yet.

The Dark Knight's budget is tricky to predict. Everyone will be getting pay raises, most notably Chris Nolan himself and Christian Bale. Plus adding Heath Ledger fresh off of an Oscar nomination in a legendary role won't be cheap, ditto that for Philip Seymour Hoffman if that rumor turns off to be true and he signs (hot off an Oscar WIN). Nolan has stated that this will be bigger and better than the original as well, so I don't think the budget will be that much lower if it all, it could end up being higher. Construction isn't the most significant expense in production, even with the expanse of the Gotham sets. Nolan is, however, a very quick and efficient filmmaker, so perhaps with everything in place already he'll be even quicker and save on scheduling. I wouldn't put it past him to take his time on this one though as the expectations are absolutely sky high.

The marketing is clearly going to be MUCH heavier this time around so in the end I think Warners will actually be spending quite a bit more money than last time, but it sure as hell is going to payoff for them!!!

Fanticon said:
...well, they've already built the bat-mobile from the first movie...subtract 6 million dollars from the budget right there. :D

Mark $1 million in losses off of that after some jackass in Chicago crashed into one! :rolleyes:

Cinemaman said:
Actually, there is difference in the budget. SR had $204m budget, so it should have made about $250-280m.
You're not counting all the money WB wasted on failed Superman projects.

Anyway. I think the UK are introducing film taxes. So that will have to be taken into consideration. Then the amount of make-up etc that will need to be used etc I think a $160-170m budget will be pretty good and should result in a nice profit
Superman4ever said:
Hell forget that! A CGI Tumber that folds over Batman's body and turns into a Battle-armor-Batsuit...:eek:

[Napolean Dynomite]Hell yeah that's pretty freakin' sweet![/Napolean Dynomite)
I think I have a toy just like that...

*goes looking for it*

if there's one movie that deserves a $200M budget, its this one.

Steelsheen said:
if there's one movie that deserves a $200M budget, its this one.
If there's one major comic book film that doesn't need a massive budget....it's this one.

oh come on dude. Batman's new toys wont come cheap.

besides Nolan and Co has earned the extra leeway in the budget, so why not give it to them.

Steelsheen said:

besides Nolan and Co has earned the extra leeway in the budget, so why not give it to them.

Agreed! For what they did for BB and what they're going to do for The Dark Knight they deserve more.

Steelsheen said:

Well, what new toys are you referring to that warrant an extra 50 million in budget?

With the sets still in tact, and the film most likely being limited to Gotham, I just don't see the budget needing that much of an increase. If any. From the look of things, cgi prolly won't be as prominent either. No more fear effects, runaway trains, exotic locales, etc. It's the classic good vs bad here, with people in costumes and prosthetics.

Frankly, I'm looking more forwrd to them focusing on the characters, rather than the overblown effects. This film will no doubt make more than the first, so why not try to make more profit by keeping the budget the same/lower? I want a franchise here.

Steelsheen said:

I think Nolan can still make a great film with a 115 million budget. If he needs extra $$$...that would be fine....but I don't think Nolan needs a whole lot more to make a great film. He is THAT good of a director!

Dark Knight said:
Maybe around 115-125 million.

I'd say around that amount considering they've got some of their sets still intact , along with the fact that they don't have to travel around the world as much as they did for "Batman Begins".

I'd say $150-$170 million. If SR had done phenomenal, I think BDK's budget could be closer to $200 million.

They should keep it around 100 million. No more than 120.

200 million is just obscene. WB doesn't need another albatross like Superman Returns dragging them under further.

I'd toss around some 150-180 million. Maybe a bit more. They are making this their flagship release for 2008 (or so they said some time ago, correct me if I'm wrong) so they'll want a bigger sequel in every way.

EDIT: A Batman movie shouldn't need this kind of budget, though. It's too early to say anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"