Guardians of the Galaxy The Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy: The Gamora Thread

I hope she won't look skinny as Gamora. I trust she'll get some weight on her, well... I hope.

They might change it from green to blue, just in case someone thinks she's related to Hulk, and if Marvel do want to explore She-Hulk in future. It's not like She-Hulk can be a different colour, whereas they're a little more flexible with Gamora. Perhaps they're just being forward thinking in case that possibility arises.

That's true, but they could always make her a more muted green than Hulk. Drax also looks like he has a more muted shade of green in that latest concept art.

I hope she won't look skinny as Gamora. I trust she'll get some weight on her, well... I hope.

That is just how she is. Even when she has packed on some muscle for roles, she has always looked very slim.

They might change it from green to blue, just in case someone thinks she's related to Hulk, and if Marvel do want to explore She-Hulk in future. It's not like She-Hulk can be a different colour, whereas they're a little more flexible with Gamora. Perhaps they're just being forward thinking in case that possibility arises.

I think they're more concerned with people associating her with Drax than with Hulk.

That is just how she is. Even when she has packed on some muscle for roles, she has always looked very slim.

Do you think Marvel will put something in the suit to make her appear more curvy and voluptuous as Gamora?

I wouldn't be upset if they didn't, but it's just something I'm wondering.

Yep, and I don't really have a problem with this. I think she will still be able to convey the skill of an assassin.

Do you think Marvel will put something in the suit to make her appear more curvy and voluptuous as Gamora?

I wouldn't be upset if they didn't, but it's just something I'm wondering.

No idea. I still don't even known what her suit will look like. She could be wearing little to nothing or a full on space suit. Personally think there will be the "Basic" enhancements, but not much else. She looks quite good the way she is imo.

No idea. I still don't even known what her suit will look like. She could be wearing little to nothing or a full on space suit. Personally think there will be the "Basic" enhancements, but not much else. She looks quite good the way she is.

Agreed, she does. As long as she's slim and not "skinny", skinny.

Last edited:
I think they're more concerned with people associating her with Drax than with Hulk.

I don't know. She might be more linked to Drax in this movie, but if the Guardians are in TA2 and those two are standing beside Hulk, I could understand why they would want the shades to vary or people will be thinking it's a family reunion. Guess it's not easy being green.

Boo Can't stand Saldana, I think she is about as blah and blah can be. Never saw her in anything that I liked her in. I was really hoping Paula Patton would get this. She's miles ahead of Saldana in every aspect.

They don't need to change her to a completely different color. Changing the shade of green is a good way to go about it.

Boo Can't stand Saldana, I think she is about as blah and blah can be. Never saw her in anything that I liked her in. I was really hoping Paula Patton would get this. She's miles ahead of Saldana in every aspect.

Paula Patton, Rosario Dawson, and Zoe Saldana could pass as sisters to me... meh.

I agree she is not the best actress and can be very blah. But I do like her in more then a few things which fit her acting. She doesn't have much range, but is good at what she does best. My one big problem is that I don't think she fits the character.

Paula Patton, Rosario Dawson, and Zoe Saldana could pass as sisters to me... meh.

sw50sw8sw578_zps8fc667db.gif

Paula Patton would have been perfect. Oh well.

Yeah, I think she would've been a better alternative. Still a black actress but without the Star Trek/ Avatar baggage, and therefore a fresher face.

I was hoping for someone like Berenice Marlohe or Olga Kurylenko though.

Yeah, I think she would've been a better alternative. Still a black actress but without the Star Trek/ Avatar baggage, and therefore a fresher face.

I was hoping for someone like Berenice Marlohe or Olga Kurylenko though.
Likewise.

Berenice Marlohe would have been perfect. :wow: :up:

YES that's a great choice.

I guess that list of actresses that was posted by that Facebook page was true.

She might have to bulk up a little though.

Can't wait to see Saldana twirling a sword around. This is going to be insane.

I'm sorry, i just can't see how one can say Zoe Saldana is blah, and then suggest Berenice Marhole, Olga or Paula Patton. I don't care if she's been in a 100 sci fi films. She's more accomplished and much better suited for this role than any of those other actresses

Agreed. I like Patton but I've seen nothing to suggest she's a stronger actress than Saldana. Saldana is great.

I find it pretty ironic that people were talking about this movie needing a bigger name star (which was true), and now there's talk of "baggage" after one has been cast :hehe:

T"Challa;25513237 said:
I'm sorry, i just can't see how one can say Zoe Saldana is blah, and then suggest Berenice Marhole, Olga or Paula Patton. I don't care if she's been in a 100 sci fi films. She's more accomplished and much better suited for this role than any of those other actresses

You speak truth.

lol just read back a couple pages. I don't think Saldana is going to somehow attract more black people to the film. For one thing, she is not a household name like some in here were suggesting. Second, she won't be black in the film and honestly may not even be recognizable with all the make up on. Third...there's some kind of misconception that just because black people are in a film means there's more of a chance we're going to go see the movie...one black person does not mean I'm going to go see the film for no other reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"