The Death & Life of Superman

jdogg willie

Civilian
Reaction score
OK... since it will be too costly for Warner Bros. to make a live-action movie of 'The Death & Life of Superman', why not make it into an animated one, 3 DVD's to cover the entire novel? It is by far the most best-selling comic book story arch of all time

#1: The Death of Superman
#2: Reign of the Supermen
#3: The Return of Superman

They did. It was called Superman: Doomsday. The Reign of the Supermen was condensed into one guy with traits from three of the other Supermen: 90s Anti hero (Eradicator), clone (Superboy), and secretly the big bad (Hank Henshaw).

Forget the doomsday movie, I'm talking about a true version of the novel... JLA, Steel and the other incarnations, Supergirl, Lex Luthor II, Cadmus Project... everything

uh, i don't know what you're talking about... doomsday killing Superman was the best-selling comic book of all time like I previously wrote. The writers and aritists even had death threats!

I don't think WB will go over Superman's death again, especially if they keep them short at 70 minutes they might lose money with 3 separate releases.

Eh, I'll stick with "Superman: Doomsday", thank you very much.

As a comic-book storyline, the Death and Return arc may have been a top seller, but as a whole I don't think it ages all that well (the Supermullet aside, the fact that the whole thing was a blatant sales gimmick to begin with doesn't help, and it shows, especially during the "Reign"). Besides, IMO the strongest part of it was the least spectacle-laden...which is to say, the middle portion dealing with Superman's loved ones and not-so-loved ones having to cope with his death and the notion of someone actually stealing his body.

uh, i don't know what you're talking about... doomsday killing Superman was the best-selling comic book of all time like I previously wrote. The writers and aritists even had death threats!

And those are indicators of quality... how?

Mace, I'm not talking about short 70 minute animated "films" like Doomsday was, but full 2 to 3 hour movies. I think told and shown right, The Death & Life of Superman would be epic, shown on 3 DVD in 2 1/2 hours each. IMO, Superman is more of an American icon than the bald eagle, not everyone knows the bald eagle is the national bird, and because of his tagline "Fighting for truth, justice, and the American way"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"