The death of Jarella/Alone against The Defenders (HULK # 205-207)

Fantasyartist

Civilian
Reaction score
Although this occurred over 30 years ago I think this is one of the most moving HULK stories ever written. Not just the circumstances of Jarella's death (saving a small boy from being crushed by falling rubble a la Captain Stacy), but also the Hulk's initial encounter with his fellow Defenders(Dr Strange, Nighthawk, The Red Guardian, Valkyrie-the latter still trapped in the human body of Barbara Norriss) following his decision to seek help from "magician- Hulk's friend!"
I especially liked the sequence where a weeping Hulk is comforted by an equally tearful Valkyrie after Dr Strange has confirmed that his lady love is beyond any medical aid.( he may be stronger than any other living being including Thor, but for the Hulk to show grief and anger is what makes him HUMAN- like "puny Banner" despite his appearance!)
Do any others think as I do?

Fantasyartist said:
Although this occurred over 30 years ago I think this is one of the most moving HULK stories ever written. Not just the circumstances of Jarella's death (saving a small boy from being crushed by falling rubble a la Captain Stacy), but also the Hulk's initial encounter with his fellow Defenders(Dr Strange, Nighthawk, The Red Guardian, Valkyrie-the latter still trapped in the human body of Barbara Norriss) following his decision to seek help from "magician- Hulk's friend!"
I especially liked the sequence where a weeping Hulk is comforted by an equally tearful Valkyrie after Dr Strange has confirmed that his lady love is beyond any medical aid.( he may be stronger than any other living being including Thor, but for the Hulk to show grief and anger is what makes him HUMAN- like "puny Banner" despite his appearance!)
Do any others think as I do?
Yes, alot of us have talked about situations such as this where Hulk shows more than just anger and power and smashing things. He is so much more.

That was a great time in the history of Hulk you brought up. :up:

Thanks, i was beginning to think I was the only one who noticed it!

Terry

LOL

No, alot of us noticed that. We have, on occasion, talked about this. There's alot more to talk about than just 'Hulk smash.'

Not popular, but great thread btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"