The evil dead appreciaton thread

See that was something I found funny about the hate for spidey 3 was the comments of "thats what happens when you let Raimi write a movie" which was being said by the same people who loved spidey1,2 the evil dead flicks, a simple plan etc.

Dumbasses!

See that was something I found funny about the hate for spidey 3 was the comments of "thats what happens when you let Raimi write a movie" which was being said by the same people who loved spidey1,2 the evil dead flicks, a simple plan etc.

Dumbasses!
Raimi's my favorite director either way.

since Raimi is definitely not directing Spider-Man 3, he's currently looking at possibly getting behind the camera for The Hobbit. I personally hope that Peter Jackson returns to the Middle Earth franchise and directs that film, leaving a little free time in Raimi's schedule to perhaps pursue a smaller-budget film, maybe one that wouldn't take 2 or more years to make, maybe one close to his heart, maybe Evil Dead 4/Army of Darkness 2?

*looks at his screen name*
Yeah, I like the Evil Dead movies, and I really, really need to try and get some money together to see the musical. I havn't wanted to see a stage play since I was 12 but now I finally have a reason.

Dumbasses!

No, although he did have his classic Raimi humour in the first two Spider-Man films, he went overboard with it in the third. I've been a huge Raimi fan since I first saw the Evil Dead Trilogy many years ago. I wasn't surprised at some of his tongue in cheek camp being in the first two Spidey movies, I actually enjoyed it because it's his style.

In Spidey 3 though, he went to far with it and made a mockery of the character almost to the point in my eyes as Schumacher did with Batman. The whole silly strutting like Travolta and jazz club scene was beyond ridiculous and had no place in a Spider-Man film. It just took anything serious about the first two and any scenes prior in the third one and threw them out the window.

I love his style and humour but for his specific movies that aren't based on already existing characters. With that being said, I still want him and Bruce to make an Evil Dead 4 one of these days. Regardless if it's to "milk it" for money, I'll be there opening night to check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"