• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Action-Adventure The Fall Guy - (Ryan Gosling/Emily Blunt)

It was originally supposed to be released back in March but I guess they rolled the dice and grabbed the opening summer slot because they wanted to strike while the iron was hot with Gosling coming off the biggest success of his career with Barbie.
Even March didn't seem fitting as March 2024 was sequels galore and it would have been lost in the mix.

This film is now standing out for the wrong reason for me. Though I still plan to watch this when it hits streaming.

Enjoyed this a lot. Great chemistry between the leads and some good and interesting stunts. Some really fun cameos as well, especially at the end.

Some good side characters as well. Winston Duke should be in more things. Shame it's not doing better at the BO. Would absolutely see another one of these. Really hope Universal take a chance on a possible franchise. 8/10.

I just don't understand this!

I just saw this last week in theater. Took me almost 3 weeks to be able to get out and see it. It was excellent! Despite having a disappointing opening, the movie is still doing decent business in theaters.

The studios are 100% conditioning people to just wait for movies to hit digital in roughly a month after release. What is the rush???

I'm assuming they lost confidence for its box office performance and just want to release it in any platform as soon as possible?

Its weird. I just saw Godzilla x Kong last week in my home. It was already successful at the box office but when it hit streaming last week, my local theater was still playing it. Movies hitting streaming very early, really made me picky which movies to watch in cinemas now. It really saves me money and I feel shocked when a movie I just watched in a cinema is hitting streaming so soon.

I just don't understand this!

I just saw this last week in theater. Took me almost 3 weeks to be able to get out and see it. It was excellent! Despite having a disappointing opening, the movie is still doing decent business in theaters.

The studios are 100% conditioning people to just wait for movies to hit digital in roughly a month after release. What is the rush???

I am the same. Just saw it last week and the movie had a good drop off at the BO this weekend. Gives movies a chance to make money for crying out loud.

I am the same. Just saw it last week and the movie had a good drop off at the BO this weekend. Gives movies a chance to make money for crying out loud.

It has been in theaters for barely more than 2 weeks. I forgot that the release day was May 3rd. This is insane.

Just saw this Saturday afternoon in a fairly filled auditorium. Enjoyed it quite a bit, kind of a sleeper film in how entertaining it was.

Theyre releasing an extended cut too with 20 extra mins in the digital release. Theyre giving people no real reason to watch this in theater anymore.

Theyre releasing an extended cut too with 20 extra mins in the digital release. Theyre giving people no real reason to watch this in theater anymore.
Yeah and i dont get why.
Hollywood is so hellbent on NOT letting movies or series build audiences, while at the same time they constantly focus on sequels and cinematic universes.

Movies barely stay in theaters to let word of mouth etc do its work.
Series get 8 episodes and when they dont break records, they get cancelled.

You dont build a fanbase like this that can give your IP longevity, and i just dont understand why Hollywood is like this.

The irony is the director and Gosling are in a video prior to the movie in which they thank everyone for seeing it in a theater as that is how it was meant to be seen.

The irony is the director and Gosling are in a video prior to the movie in which they thank everyone for seeing it in a theater as that is how it was meant to be seen.

The digital version starts with them saying “F you!”

Yeah I think the rush to streaming is seriously hurting movies’ chances at the box office. I went to see Challengers last week at the theater but I should have checked my Xfinity first because I could have just rented it and watched it at home. And a few weeks back I went to see The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare at the theater but it was on streaming just a couple days later (and it had only been in theaters for like 2 weeks). People just aren’t bothering to go to movie theaters now because they know they can catch these films at home if they just wait a few weeks.

This hardly felt like a movie to me. Not a lot of time ot breathe with the characters and the editing/pacing felt so winded at times and terse at others. Perfectly meh movie. Cool stunts. I liked the cast enough. Blunt looks great.

I watched this last night. Not in theaters, a friend of mine had a couple of us over and decided to rent it on demand (we're part of the problem :o)

I liked it. The plot was pretty basic but the stuntwork and cast were fun to watch. Gosling and Blunt were on point but Winston Duke wasn't in it enough. I was cracking up at him going "DANIEL DAY-LEWIS!" when he threw the tomahawk.

This hardly felt like a movie to me. Not a lot of time ot breathe with the characters and the editing/pacing felt so winded at times and terse at others. Perfectly meh movie. Cool stunts. I liked the cast enough. Blunt looks great.
This is about how I felt. Leitch has one mode, and it's gotten exhausting. There's no depth to his characters, the narrative just coasts on snarky quips and action set pieces. Gosling needs to pick better blockbusters, between this and The Gray Man maybe he should stay away from these sorts of films.

Its legs are actually really good weekend after weekend (especially considering it’s on VOD). Unfortunately, it needed to open much higher for that to matter more.

Audiences are obviously digging it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"