The Fantastic Mr. Fox

Loved it. Absolutely loved it. It was a Wes Anderson film for kids! But it had all the adult stuff too. And some genuinely funny adult moments. For those of who have seen it [blackout]wasn't the part at the end with the wolf unbelievably hilarious?[/blackout].

I really think it's one of the better Dahl adaptations. Definitely up there with the seventies Willy Wonka or James and the Giant Peach. Anderson did a great job of capturing the scariness that existed in all Dahl books, but still made it fun and magical.

Also, the kids in my theatre LOVED it. Tons of giggling and cheering going on. When I have kids one day, I will definitely be showing them this. No crap dreamworks animated films for them!

Loved it. Absolutely loved it. It was a Wes Anderson film for kids! But it had all the adult stuff too. And some genuinely funny adult moments. For those of who have seen it [blackout]wasn't the part at the end with the wolf unbelievably hilarious?[/blackout].

I really think it's one of the better Dahl adaptations. Definitely up there with the seventies Willy Wonka or James and the Giant Peach. Anderson did a great job of capturing the scariness that existed in all Dahl books, but still made it fun and magical.

Also, the kids in my theatre LOVED it. Tons of giggling and cheering going on. When I have kids one day, I will definitely be showing them this. No crap dreamworks animated films for them!

You can't escape the power of the Shrek.

Maybe I'll let them see the first Shrek...

Just saw a good portion of it while on break at the theater and was very very entertained. The whole theater was laughing so much and the animation was incredible. Hopefully will get to finish it today.

One of my favorite movies of the year :up:.

"This is one giant clustercuss."

haha I loved the use of cuss instead of other words

Saw it yesterday. It was... eh, it was likeable. There was just too much Wes Anderson and not enough of Dahl's sensibilities.

The villains hardly feel threatening, but the animation was superb as is Desplat's quirky score. There's a lot to admire about the film, but to me it loses the soul of Dahl's book because of the frequent diversions and omissions. Those are fine for a movie adaptation if it can keep the soul and characters intact, but what Anderson and Bambach used instead just doesn't gel with the rest of the storyline.

Seeing it tonight. Never read the source, so I'm not worried about it being faithful. I'll probably love it since the movie definitely looks like a Wes Anderson movie, but with stop motion. Doesn't get any better for me.

Great movie and its really hard not to like it.

Use of the word "cuss" was always funny.

5/5

Movie was pretty awesome. Loved every single second of it. The voice acting was very well done and the animation was just excellent.

Saw this the other night. My god was this movie great. The Animation kinda reminded me of Chicken Run a little bit but I know it was a little bit diffrent than it. The Crowd really enjoyed this to.

That's just weak songwriting. You wrote a bad song Petey! *flicks cigarette*. The best joke from this delightful piece of work. How awesome is Michael Gambon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"