The First Omen

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score

When a young American woman is sent to Rome to begin a life of service to the church, she encounters a darkness that causes her to question her own faith and uncovers a terrifying conspiracy that hopes to bring about the birth of evil incarnate. “The First Omen” stars Nell Tiger Free (“Servant”), Tawkeef Barhom (“Mary Magdalene”), Sonia Braga (“Kiss of the Spider Woman”), Ralph Ineson (“The Northman”), and Bill Nighy (“Living”). The film is directed by Arkasha Stevenson (“Legion”), based on characters created by David Seltzer (“The Omen”), with a story by Ben Jacoby (“Bleed”) and a screenplay by Tim Smith & Arkasha Stevenson and Keith Thomas (“Firestarter”). The producers are David S. Goyer (“Hellraiser”) and Keith Levine (“The Night House”) and the executive producers are Tim Smith, Whitney Brown (“Rosaline”), and Gracie Wheelan.

IMG_2509.jpeg

Why??

For all I know this could be good. I just don't think that The Omen is a franchise that audiences are going to suddenly care about again. If it didn't work for The Exorcist it probably won't for this.

For all I know this could be good. I just don't think that The Omen is a franchise that audiences are going to suddenly care about again. If it didn't work for The Exorcist it probably won't for this.
I feel the same. I like the trailer. I like the original The Omen (I'm so-so on the sequels, and nah on the remake), but The Exorcist: Believer has made me even more wary about this than I would have been. By the way, shoutout for Ralph Ineson, who is becoming one of those guys who's in just about everything! Certainly come a long way since The Office!

I feel the same. I like the trailer. I like the original The Omen (I'm so-so on the sequels, and nah on the remake), but The Exorcist: Believer has made me even more wary about this than I would have been. By the way, shoutout for Ralph Ineson, who is becoming one of those guys who's in just about everything! Certainly come a long way since The Office!
The remake was so forgettable that I literally had to look it up just now to remember who was even in it. It was really just a pointless copy of the original not unlike the Psycho remake. The one thing that stood out about it was that it came out on 6/6/06 which more or less made it an event movie and I'm pretty sure it was greenlit specifically for that reason at the time.

As much as I like that trailer, I'm so done with demon possession movies and I have been for years.

I can't believe I missed a huge opportunity to post this as my review for Exorcist Believer on letterboxd. :o

60e36452285b55470a493ce3b879a5902b35fc2e.gif

e29ecf37ce08c35fe97dc7da052e8b81837a5277.gif

I've only seen the original Omen and the remake but did they ever tackle full on demon possession in the sequels? Because from what I remember Damien wasn't technically "possessed" since that would imply he was an innocent kid at one point. I thought he was supposed to be evil incarnate from birth.

Not sure if it will be good but I loved Nell Tiger Free in Servant so I’m here for this.

Wait this isn't a prequel to The Omen?

EDIT: Oh it is.

I've liked what I've seen so I'm here for it. Expectations in check but hopefully this turns out actually good as opposed to every other religious horror released in the past 10 years.

I like the idea behind it. I was always fascinated by the devil worshiping characters in the Omen movies who were willing to die to protect Damian.

This is a really well made trailer. But actually doesn’t give any sense of the actual movie, since this is all backwards as a fun gimmick.

I doubt the movie will get much acclaim, but it’ll open really well thanks to this.

This is a really well made trailer. But actually doesn’t give any sense of the actual movie, since this is all backwards as a fun gimmick.

I doubt the movie will get much acclaim, but it’ll open really well thanks to this.
It's nice to see a trailer that doesn't give away the entire plot of the film!

Until the next trailer comes out in a month or two.

That was a surprisingly cool trailer. As a concept, I’m not really interested in this movie but just based on that trailer, I hope it delivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"