The First Omen

As much as I'm extremely tired of seeing more Catholic horror/possession horror (especially remakes/prequels/ect), this looks promising. And it helps that it doesn't have a typical Hollywood cast.

Might end up being a nice surprise.

The trailers for this have been pretty great. Really hope the movie is as good as it looks.

Cue The Imperial March.

1000028761.jpeg

Shocked Rosemary's Baby didn't get a remake first. :o

Yeah, this continues to look promising. I'm game for this. Love the look of the film and the way it's shot.

I don’t know why, but I love the Catholic Horror/Demon Possession genre or whatever you want to call it. Unfortunately, it’s been a long ass time since we’ve had a good entry in it. This looks good though. Immaculate also interests me, but the first reviews haven’t been great, so I’m guessing that’s another mediocre effort.

With the striking imagery and callbacks to the original, this looks a heck of lot better than Immaculate. However, I worry this will be just a bunch of homages and jump scares.

I don’t know why, but I love the Catholic Horror/Demon Possession genre or whatever you want to call it. Unfortunately, it’s been a long ass time since we’ve had a good entry in it. This looks good though. Immaculate also interests me, but the first reviews haven’t been great, so I’m guessing that’s another mediocre effort.
I'm so sorry The Nun and Exorcist Believer haven't lived up to this kink. :o

I hope this is good. But the marketing makes me wary. I have barely seen this trailer in theaters and it comes out next week; it doesn’t seem like the studio has much faith in it (pun not intended) and I hope that isn’t reflective of the film itself.

See I'm torn by the genre... I absolutely love the ~70's of it all ala The Exorcist, Rosemary's Baby, The Omen.

And, pretty much most of the possession/religious horror sub-genre has been trash since the 90's.

Other than most recently;

Saint Maud
Immaculate
The House Of The Devil
Midnight Mass
Pope's Exorcist (well the first half or so)

I‘m confused. Isn’t Damien’s mother a jackal? Or will the girl turn into a jackal in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"