The First Omen

Of course my sweet little “Leanne” is amazing in this… if you haven’t seen Servant, you’re doing yourself a disservice.

Online embargo has been very, very positive but they are most of the time.

Really hoping the early reactions are reflective of the film. No idea why they didn’t market this significantly more.

Of course my sweet little “Leanne” is amazing in this… if you haven’t seen Servant, you’re doing yourself a disservice.

Yeah, she was amazing on that show. Glad to see she’s making the jump to movies in what seems to be a good one.

Just rewatched the first film today. It's magnificent, the directing, the cinematography, the soundtrack, and the performances are top-notch. The kills are fabulous too! I also watched the first sequel, Damien. Pretty bad. They had the chance to turn Bugenhagen (great name) into a recurring, unhinged Loomis-type figure, but of course he's whacked in the first scene. The poor guy wasn't even credited in either film. I haven't seen any of the further sequels, nor the TV pilot or the 2016 TV show, but looking at the reception for each of them, it shouldn't take too much for The First Omen to end up as the second best entry in the franchise. I do hope so. Seeing it on Friday!

I'm really hoping this and Immaculate don't share the same story beats.

Got my tickets for tomorrow and I’m very much looking forward to this.

They inevitably will have a lot in common.

The only main difference probably being the twist.

As a prequel to The Omen, this film doesn't function and makes no sense.

Um yeah, this movie slapped…hard. Everything I didn’t know I wanted in a religious horror film is in this. I’m still giddy, and I’m not a big Omen fan. Gorgeously shot, very effective eerie and twisted sequences. This has no business being this great. Can’t wait to watch again.

Last edited:
Birthing The Hellspawn is a CONSPIRACY,Now?

Always has been.

Granted, I suppose Immaculate and First Omen don't have wannabe epic angel fights or Lucifer saying "****".

I honestly thought this missed the mark in its execution. Although it captures the more atmospheric horror elements seen in the original trilogy, the “twist” was obvious from the beginning, and the last act was laughably bad—I’ll just say cabin in the snow. I wish they emulated some of the 70s aesthetic featured in the marketing to give it a more retro look and feel. But I think I enjoyed Immaculate more, overall.

Should I go see immaculate this weekend or this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"