The Flash The Flash Season 5, Episode 7 - “Oh Come, All Ye Faithful”

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
THANKSGIVING - While Nora (Jessica Parker Kennedy) grapples with unresolved anger over her father's disappearance in the future, Barry (Grant Gustin) and Team Flash must stop a powerful new meta, Weather Witch (guest star Reina Hardesty), from killing her own father, Weather Wizard (guest star Liam Mcintyre). Sarah Boyd directed the episode written by Jonathan Butler & Gabriel Garza (#507). Original airdate 11/27/2018.

Wasn't expecting her to be his niece and not his daughter. Clever

So they missed two opportunities to end this already...

Now why would you show us last seasons suit? It looks soooooooo good compared to the current one.

I'm not sure why Cicada is the one villain that is so hard to beat that they have to go to the past to defeat him...

I guess they'll tell us..?

Not the best episode. She wasn't super fast, so I wonder why they just didn't take the staff right out of her hands, or put her into that cell just as easily as they took her father out of it.

On the plus sides, some good Barry/Nora moments, some good Cicada/niece moments and an EXCELLENT Frost moment! I was sad when all they did was have Caitlyn say she was going to get Frost and help, but then she just popped up to drop a ton of guff on Cisco and Sherluc. Loved it.:D:

Corny moment was Cicada being all doom and gloom, promising all the metas are going to die, and doing the whole twitchy face thing to look mean. Grrrrr!:argh:

It'll be cool visiting evil Harrison Wells again though!

Does anyone else think cicada is the most boring villain ever? The fact that no one can catch someone with no powers boggles my mind

He does have the meta-tech, and whatever it is doing to him physically. When he is ready for them, they hardly stand a chance because of the power drain. Though, now they finally know who he is and can set up a trap in their favor.
Still, it would be good for them all to carry tazers.

'Oh no, my superspeed is gone!' Barry/Nora.
'I can't Vibe!' Cisco.
'Frost is is gone! Again!' Caitlyn.
'I can't stretch my thingy!!' Ralph

'Good thing we all have these tazers now!' Iris, Barry, Cisco, Caitlyn, Ralph, Sherluc... Bzzzzt! and down goes Cicada.

Now why would you show us last seasons suit? It looks soooooooo good compared to the current one.

Yeah I have to agree. I thought I could get used to the new one, but just seeing him for a couple of seconds in the old suit proved to me it really was that much better...

Does anyone else think cicada is the most boring villain ever? The fact that no one can catch someone with no powers boggles my mind
If he has "boggled" your mind....I don't see how he could be boring. For me....someone that doesn't engage my mind is boring.

Team Flash already figuring out Cicada's secret identity pretty much indicates that we will get another big bad for this season very soon. This episode was alright, I thought Nora anger towards Barry risking his life makes sense as she grew up without him, so seeing die him in front of her eyes as she was getting to know him must be upsetting for her and it was the most interesting thing in this episode.

Cicada pretty much got a standard black story for a villain and I'm sort of glad that we didn't have to wait that long to know how he got his powers.I just noticed that Cicada has a similar backstory as Agent Liberty from Supergirl. In fact Cicada pretty much has the same motivations as Agent Liberty except that he targets metahumans, while Agent Liberty does the same to aliens. Cisco and Sherlock subplot involving their ambivalent feelings towards Thanksgiving was meh.

Last edited:
Regarding Cicada's backstory, does anyone else kinda' hope he's redeemed somewhat, rather than just locked away like any other villain? The guy isn't evil, he's just an emotional wreck, and far from the comic book counterpart of the same villain. This guy hardly does the comic character justice.

Regarding Cicada's backstory, does anyone else kinda' hope he's redeemed somewhat, rather than just locked away like any other villain? The guy isn't evil, he's just an emotional wreck, and far from the comic book counterpart of the same villain. This guy hardly does the comic character justice.

Well I was thinking that he can't just be killed off like any other villain now that we know his backstory. His niece is in hospital dying, and he was her guardian. He obviously cares for her and wants to see her get well, and is angry at what happened to her and to him. They were casualties of the destroyed satellite.

I think that the final battle will be them talking him down instead of just killing or capturing him. Maybe Team Flash be able to treat his niece and bring her out of her coma and cure Cicada's lung condition.

What I don't understand is that Cicada is targeting other metas, but he himself is one. Many of these metas are victims of the debris from the satellite just like him. So why kill them now? It's not their fault that they were affected, just like he was affected. In that case, if he wants to change the world he should start with himself. And by that, I mean kill himself.

If his niece comes out of the coma, then who is going to look after her now, especially that Cicada has become a murderer and would surely go to jail? And even if he didn't go to jail, but she did live, can he live with himself knowing that she is in the care of a murderer?

On another note, I was thinking that what if there's a big twist with Nora this season? What if she turns out to either not be Barry and Iris's daughter, or if she is, then her plan is to stop Barry from becoming the Flash?

She was already persuading him to give up being the Flash. What if that was her plan all along? Maybe when she struck the satellite, it was also part of her plan for the debris to affect all these humans and turn them into metas.

What if Nora is the big bad of this season all along and it turns out that they're facing another speedster?

Also, this episode title doesn't fit with the actual content of it. It sounds more like it should refer to a Christmas episode than a Thanksgiving episode.

Last edited:
I thought the episode was ok, but they really could've easily taken that staff from Weather Witch. I laughed when Weather Wizard "died."

Barry's face when Iris said that their Thanksgiving tradition was sleeping. :funny:

What I don't understand is that Cicada is targeting other metas, but he himself is one. Many of these metas are victims of the debris from the satellite just like him. So why kill them now? It's not their fault that they were affected, just like he was affected. In that case, if he wants to change the world he should start with himself. And by that, I mean kill himself.
He's not a traditional meta though, is he? His power comes from dark matter doesn't it, and it's very much linked to that shard, which is more technological than biological (like the particle accelerator metas). The exact connection and reasoning hasn't quite been explained (how/why he can dampen the abilities of others) so until we know that, it's a slight guessing game.

On another note, I was thinking that what if there's a big twist with Nora this season? What if she turns out to either not be Barry and Iris's daughter, or if she is, then her plan is to stop Barry from becoming the Flash?
It's a sound theory, but I don't think it's entierly accurate. It's only recently that she's seemingly came to the conclusion that her anger (for Iris and Barry) was from within her, so the idea that Barry would give up the mantle is a recent development (or thought) from her. Pretty sure she is their daughter though; didn't Cisco and Caitlin run tests?

I don't quite know what her ultimate plan is, but there's got to be more to her. What's ... interesting(?) though is if the team are successful in changing the future, then Nora (when she returns home) surely isn't going to remember everything that's happened? If time is changed, then those living within the new timeline eventually begin to lose their memories of different events (see Flashpoint). Thus, for all future Nora knows, they may think they'll have changed the past, only for them to actually not have changed anything, and Barry will still go missing.

Ok latest episode done time for the review.

I have to start with the standout of the episode Nora. She hadn't gotten much great dialogue up till this point apart from the episode butting heads with Iris so was really cool to see her acting chops at work. Plus that scene where Barry died (I think we can all agree that none of us were in the slightest bit worried lol even Caitlin's delivery of "We lost him" was flat. But Nora actually got me invested in that scene towards the end, I still didn't buy he was dead but you got a sense of how she felt thinking he was) and her plea for him to stop being the Flash was actually really sweet and sad. It was nice to shine a light on the effect that being the Flash has on your wife and kids.

So we finally get a backstory for Cicada and I liked it. Honestly the doting perfect dad is kind of overused so it was cool to see them change it up with it being his niece and him honestly being a pretty terrible dude at the beginning. I liked it better for his villain turn. Everyone's heard the classic you never push a good man too far line in movies. But this is more what happens when you remove the one thing that is keeping someone a good man.

Sherloque actually had his best episode so far in my opinion. I love Tom but this has probably been my least favourite Wells up until now lol. But I have to admit he was a lot of fun this episode getting Caitlin & Cisco down about Thanksgiving, predicting the weather before Cisco using the old timey equipment and his speech at the end when he adds to his speech by saying "And to the colonists who conquered this land" that nearly ended me (especially when Barry spat his drink back:funny:)

I nearly lost my **** when I thought they'd brought back Weather Wizard just to kill him off lol. The guy is Flash royalty in my opinion he's in my greatest episode ever.

Weather Witch seemed like a serious downgrade from her dad but she did give us a lightning tornado and that's always a win.

9/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"