The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 13: "True Colors"

The Ralph show.

Should Ralph really be able to change the pigment of his skin?

Look at Barry getting get all smart and stuff.
I am surprised he was able to change his tone. Maybe all the mumbo jumbo science Cisco and Kate spouted out involved skin tone.

Devoe was such an interesting villain and now they made him so generic and boring!
Yeah the original concept was good. Would have been interesting to see Barry fight someone with a physical handicap.

The body switching is a way to keep the character around in each episode, but Devoe is just meh now. I prefer one actor to play the villain, but at least it isn't another speedster villain I guess.

I agree about Devoe (it sure was nice to see Sandilands back for a minute), but overall I liked this episode much more than the last couple.

Yeah the original concept was good. Would have been interesting to see Barry fight someone with a physical handicap.

This show has such a weird attitude about disability though. (I'd honestly like to see one good guy in a wheelchair show up.

It's weird how people have a problem with Iris being the "leader" of Team Flash.

In a team of a bunch of spacey intellects, she brings a grounded, focused vision to the group.

Maybe Devoe will absorb Ralph and shape shift back into Sandiland's in the end.

Those metas and the warden had to die so that they couldn't tell anyone who Barry is and so his secret would be preserved.

it's ironic how Barry refused to leave jail until his name is legally cleared, but has no issue with the fact that they trick court into releasing him lol

it's ironic how Barry refused to leave jail until his name is legally cleared, but has no issue with the fact that they trick court into releasing him lol
True, but they tricked the court into believing the truth (Devoe IS still alive), so...grey area? :oldrazz:

In a team of a bunch of spacey intellects, she brings a grounded, focused vision to the group.
Please share what her grounded, focused vision is? Because all I saw was yet another ep of Cisco, Caitlin and Ralph propping up her leadership.

I bet Cecile being able to read minds is going to come into play against Devoe being able to read minds. It can't be coincidental.

I gave this episode a 9, although it flirted with a 10. The drama was strong this week, and it came from unusual areas.

Cecile's power served a key purpose this week, so I'm fine with her having it, even if it's only temporary. We again got to see that Ralph isn't just a one-note character, much like we saw earlier in the season when he stopped Joe from tampering with Barry's case. Likewise, Marlize's character took a step forward as she began to show signs of a conscience. The highlight of the show was Hazard protecting Barry. That's always been a key component of any hero story: showing that he/she can inspire others.

Sugar Lyn Beard has been a stand-out performer this season, but it's going to be very interesting to see if she can pull off the fiendishness of Devoe. That was a twist that I didn't see coming at all.

The highlight of the show was Hazard protecting Barry. That's always been a key component of any hero story: showing that he/she can inspire others.
I think you nailed why this ep turned out to be such a disappointment for me. Barry using his brain to lead (take note Iris, this is how it's done) the metas in the escape was great to see, but then it devolved into the standard Barry-fails-to-save-anyone. Some hero.

Please share what her grounded, focused vision is? Because all I saw was yet another ep of Cisco, Caitlin and Ralph propping up her leadership.

Well, if you hadn't already noticed, Cisco, Caitlin, Ralph and even Wells can all get easily distract and sometimes aren't great with pulling together a strategy. They've kinda shown that Iris kinda takes everyone's ideas and forms a strategy for whatever mission they take on.

I mean, if you just don't want her to be in a "leader" position then okay, but just ask yourself this question: If Iris was a man, would you be this annoyed?

Season 1 was all about the main team, Barry, Cisco and Caitlin with Harrison Wells, all forming strategies together to solve crime. That has since gone away to give more screen time to Ralph who needs a pep talk to do anything and Iris who still brings nothing with no brain power. The writers are throwing things at her to do without letting her grow into anything. Lana Lang did more.

Barry using his science experience to prison break was cool to see.

Well, if you hadn't already noticed, Cisco, Caitlin, Ralph and even Wells can all get easily distract and sometimes aren't great with pulling together a strategy.
No, they have the team act that way so Iris can "lead". They've been doing fine for 3 seasons but all of a sudden they can't? There's a reason HR conveniently decided to visit home this ep.

They've kinda shown that Iris kinda takes everyone's ideas and forms a strategy for whatever mission they take on.
That's your idea of Iris' grounded, focused vision? Really? :whatever:

If Iris was a man, would you be this annoyed?
Absolutely. Man or woman, a shoehorned, puffed up love interest is unbelievable, and their screen time is at the expense of more relevant characters. Gender matters to you, but not to me.

Last edited:
I actually enjoyed this episode.

I was a good episode. Kind of annoyed that Ralph was having yet another confidence test. As stated above, he shouldn't need a pep-talk each time he has to do something. Although, impersonating Devoe was a nice way of getting Barry cleared of the murder charges.

(And yes, how did Ralph change his skin tone..?)

An interesting bit was Barry talking to Luck about their powers not changing who they are, and yet we cut to a scene showing a character - Caitlyn - who now has a split personality because of her powers...

Was also confused when Barry decided to stay in prison after Cisco and Frost showed up. He just saw NuDevoe suck the powers out of three metas and take over yet another body in a clear advance of his plans, and yet Barry decides to stay in prison where he can't do anything about it?

what..?

Yes, they wrapped up the prison arc pretty well, but at that moment Barry should have decided that a free Flash was of far better use than a locked up Barry. :whatever:

And is Luck now the NuDevoe, or is he going to be going from body to body from now on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"