The Flash Season 4 Episode 2: "Mixed Signals"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by herolee10, Oct 11, 2017.

?

Rate the Episode

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jesse

Jesse Old Curmudgeon

While flawed some aspects of the second episode where kind of fun. I'm not sure I care for the Iris and Barry rom-com moments though. I like how they are teasing the Thinker at the end of each episode.

2. j-beda

j-beda Member

It was a stupid way for the writers to express it, but the idea they were trying to express is not.

If your wife singlehandly saves her company from going bankrupted, that's great, but in doing so she should probably let you know that important **** is going down at her job. Being part of a strong relationship involves sharing important things that are happening in both people's lives.

If you and your wife are both working on the same team, the "singlehandly" part is less clear. The driver of the racecar is not "singlehandly" responsible for the wins (or the losses) on the track. The whole team is imporant, and ignoring the needs of any member of the team to feel like they are valued or to ignore their imput is not a good idea for long-term success. Not noticing that the dynamics of the whole team have been altered by six months of no Barry is not good. Sidelining Wally without noticing his reaction is also probably a mistake.

3. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

"you are not the flash, Barry, we are"...

What? THIS is what's going wrong with this show. Wtf

4. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

No, it's different. It wasn't about team flash. Her comment was about her being engaged to Barry. Totally out of left field.

5. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Groot: I am Groot

Gamora: No Groot. WE are Groot.

6. Avenging Angel

Avenging Angel I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Not one of their proudest moments.

7. igoogol

igoogol Well-Known Member

What is with these apples and oranges comparisons? How is saving lives the same as playing a sport or running a business or being married? Why not compare something closer to what Flash does, such as the police, firefighters, paramedics? No? Wonder why.

8. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

it's the fact that part's of the writing team don't care about certain thing's and they don't think the audience would question the thing they put in. remember they thing with fact they still have the highest rating on the show and the only awards they ever win are surfboards and it's for greatest kiss of all thing to be awarded that the thing the smart half of the fan question aren't important or wouldn't be asked or questioned.

your correct theing that are obvious here is that the writers were looking for a way for iris to be help& use ful and sadly they won't let do that through the profession she chose inthe first season which was being an investigative reporter. causethe writers don't care to have not be the damsel in destress . they just can't conceive an idea of how to have not be that. or to balance it out where she's get her self out of trouble and the other in team flash get kid napped just as much as her.

the other problem is which other are notr mention is that cisco made the biggest screw up. it's not that he put too much tech inthe suit it's thatas soon as he found out there was meta human withthe power to control machines like a hack while he was making a aniti virus to short out kill gore he didn't bother to think she should put in an additonal feature for barrys suit like virus for him just entering barry suit's computer or to tell barry not to wear the suit til he made sure it wasn't hackable by this new villain . why? cause they had to make him obsess over Gypy. which he would have made up to her regardles. it was due to cisco making him self disstracted

so the bisgest blunder was there. next to the weird self destruct feature. he should have made sure there was a manul shut off on the suit for barry to acess that only barry can find on his chest piece emblem .

Now, I know other's have this issue with iris leading the team and to a degree it doesn't make the most sense when she can be just as help with her former career. but sadly ther writers don't seem to care to make it work inthe best way. they still could have had her done that with the job of being an investgative reporter. but they didn't care to. her being on the com's isn't bad idea. but what people are mad or unhappy about is that barry reverted back to I can't , I need a pep talk or tell me what do do mode again .

and he got out that both in season 2 and 3. yes I agree he sadly reverted. the seem to keep want him to go back there and caqn't make up their minds.

there's nothing with any of them bing on the con'[s anc give him options v but he has to make the choses's. other do this wotih people inthe opcenters the showv the barve on NBC show this next to NCIS LA. there are tones of Examples.

and there isn't much in iris 's back groundt hat show leader ship to have earned this . but come to think about it there wasn't much of leader in any of team flash to begin with with the excpetion of eobard posing as wells.

and there's no real stratigy school for her to have gone to.

and sadly all they ever have joe do mostly is to be in star labs reaction when crayness goes dow and for him to have a shocked looked onhis face or not know what to think. when he should be rallying a squad of cop's head to the same location barry is act makingsure they surround the area and make sure no civilinan's are nead the area barry's fight the latest villain andcutting of the villain area's of escape. in steak of make reactions to cisco in star labs and going what all the time.

9. igoogol

igoogol Well-Known Member

??? I'm talking about some commenters making apples and oranges comparison to justify Iris' we-are-Flash.

But I do agree that with the way things are going, top rated on CW and winning surfboards will very soon be a thing of the past.

10. Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie Well-Known Member

:funny:

11. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

It really wasn't a problem. The line was meant to show shared experience and teamwork. The show has been knocking it out of the park this season, much like it did for the first 2 1/2 seasons. I'm expecting greater things to come.

12. Avenging Angel

Please find me the articles on the current story line saying they are "knocking it out of the park"? One that doesn't include Iris being shoehorned in as the weakest link.

13. Babillygunn

Babillygunn Tag team champion

This. The dude endured the equivalent on 10,000 years of hell in order to save the world and she's mad that she had to make up excuses as to why the wedding was postponed??????

14. Avenging Angel

Because everyone must worship at the fortress of Iris. It's her show.

15. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Yeah, they are not doing good things with Iris this season. Which isn't new, but the degree they are pushing her makes it worse.

16. Avenging Angel

Just like they push Grant and Candice together in interviews to try to force feed this hogwash. It looks bad on and off screen.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017