The Flash

thejon7

Reaction score
Would anyone like to see a Flash movie? I know I sure would, so in this thread please feel free to post your ideas for what should happen in the film, what the rating should be, how long it should be, who should play Barry Allen, etc. Heres my ideas:
The Flash
Rating:
PG13-for some intense sequences of action/violence.
Running Time:
Approx. 134 minutes
Characters:
-Barry Allen/The Flash
-Iris West
-Wally West
-Ralph Dibny
-(of course there is going to be more than that)
Story:
Barry Allen is a scientist who is planning to create a formula that could cure the people with dieseases, but the main reason Barry wants to create the formula is to save his mother who is dying of lung cancer. But the experiment fails when a blast of lighting shoots his chemicals and Barry gets effected by the blast. But Barry doesn't die, instead his speed turns 5x faster than normal! So, in order to save his mother he must recieve the chemicals back when a scientific madman named Mr. Element steals the chemicals for himself when he plots to use them to create a super-weapon to try and tkae over the city! But when Barry relizes that he must do something... he does. So Barry suits up into the red and yellow costume and aims to save the city with his newly found power and becomes the world's fastest man The Flash!

This is kind of rough, but I'll go with a trilogy.

Start the first one with Barry as a police scientist with the classic origin. Someone like Mirror Master or Weather Wizard could be the villain. End it with Barry marrying Iris and Wally becoming Kid Flash. You could throw in a cameo by Jay Garrick too.

For the second have Barry and Wally start exploring the extent of their powers and introduce speed force. Somehow have Professor Zoom threaten the earth (or universe). Barry dies while saving the earth (or universe) from Zoom. End with Barry’s funeral and Wally taking up the mantle of The Flash.

Have the third take place a year or so after Barry's Death. Wally can still be dealing with Barry's death and still not really comfortable with being The Flash. Have a large uprising of Barry's rogue gallery. End with the founding of The Flash museum and Wally becoming Flash full time.

If done right, I think that a trilogy could be amazing (imagine seeing Barry and Zoom fighting in the speed force on the big screen), but with Goyer writing and directing I have my doubts.

They have already started on a Film on "The Flash" David S. Goyer is directing it and Ryan Reynold is Playing "The Flash" Is supposed to come out next year 2008

Does anyone know how to go about submitting conceptual art for this film? I'm sure the best route would be to contact Goyer himself, but I doubt he gives out his contact information to any and all who ask.

I'd be in for a Flash movie but only 1 Flash! I don't think audiences can handle all 4 in just a trilogy. I could, and many of you could too, but regular movie goers...no. I'd want Barry or Wally. I don't really like Jay Garrick enough for a Flash movie.

One of my favorite aspects of The Flash is the legacy. Take that away and I fell that we would be missing something special.

Hey pastrami, if there's anyway to find out who his agent is, you could send it that way. That's what I did with Ian Abercrombie(Alfred from Birds of Prey).

As far as casting goes, I like Aaron Eckhart for Barry.
captbec0f2e3f81b4fdc912vm1.jpg

Does anybody know the exact height of Wally West and Barry Allen?

What you guys think if the film dealt with both Barry Allen and Wally West and the Legacy of the Flash being handed down to Wally, in other words we would only get an origin out of Wally West and Barry Allen would be played by John Wesley Shipp the original barry allen from the tv series, the main villain would be Gorilla Grodd and you would actually get back story on him and the film will introduce Hunter Zolomon and the cosmic treadmill??? tell me what you guys think of that.

imo they should make a serious movie about the flash not a light hearted movie like the tv show which sucked Im a flash fan big time, like the rest of you guys. imo what made the tv show suck: in one episode the flash was in a house if I remember correctly a bomb was set and exploded and the flash was caught in the emplosion now if he was the fastest man alive how in the hell did he get caught in that?? all the barry allen flash (comic books) he never was that sloppy. we need a strong movie that shows how great the flash really is,Jlu made the flash look like a big bafoon , a wise-crack idiot that is not the flash I was raised up on. hell if they going to make a film on wally west like that they mise well put abott and costello in the movie. flash and kid flash team make it a comedy film for family to gag at I can keep my 9.00 rent out the tv show flash have more of a entertainment with a bowl of popcorn. last but not lease
its sad that david goyer jump ship on this project. I was excited like the rest of you guys when report was first known about a flash movie was taken into consideration I waited 48 years for a good serious adaptation movie. like someone one here said : alot of people dont really know about the flash origins and batman and so on superhero's those people maybe teenager seen Jlu on cartoonetwork. what they know is what currently aired. and might not know about superfriends late 60' and 70's even then flash was barry allen back then, not a bubbling fool like they betray wally west.doing a thousand miles a sec. is hardly funny triping over a pebble every few feet make you feel sorry for him or everytime flash runs he need to run to the nearest restuarant to be recharged (tv show flash) they need to stick with the originality of the flash from the comic book. I personally would not see a movie if flash had to run to a restarant or trip over things at the wrong time.or suddently lose his speed at the wrong time and do more than whirl winds and run on water. they need to show him as barry allens flash able to vibrate thru walls, run up side of building, leave after image of himself with na-no sec explore all of his abilities with amazing fx I know if wb want a huge profit in return thats how they should do it. get the dam lead out of their ass'es and get real!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"