The Format War

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for the advantage of disc space. Why would a Blu-ray need 2 disks?? What happened to the 200GB disc?

So much for the advantage of disc space. Why would a Blu-ray need 2 disks?? What happened to the 200GB disc?
probably because they layering isn't fully worked out yet. Still, doesn't HD-DVD only do 15gb? If so, then it is still a plus for Blu-ray seeing as how I'd rather have 2 discs than 5.

Either because the layering isn't worked out yet or they want to have the dedicated extras on a seperate Blu Ray disc.

Ironically it still demonstrates the advantage of disc space both in how much Blu Ray can store over HD-DVD and the need for Disc Space itself so your lone critisim is somewhat moot.

Does the ps3 upconverts SD dvd's to HD?

probably because they layering isn't fully worked out yet. Still, doesn't HD-DVD only do 15gb? If so, then it is still a plus for Blu-ray seeing as how I'd rather have 2 discs than 5.

Nope. HD DVD has 15GB per layer. I think every single HD DVD so far is at least double-layered, making it 30GBs. And the combo discs are 39GB.

A Triple-layered 51GB HD DVD is being perfected right now.

L.A. said:
Does the ps3 upconverts SD dvd's to HD?

Nopes!

yeah i'm sorry this is off topic but can any one tell if u can use third party hard drives with the 20 gig ps3?

Stand Alone players do, though are about 1000 dollars. a 500 dollar standalone player is coming soon apparently.

Every Blu-ray player I see at Best Buy is AT LEAST $1,500. :down

I can find a good RCA HD-DVD player for $500.

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-HD-A2...r_1/002-6651343-9554431?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Or you could get the 2nd-Gen Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD Player for $389.99 free shipping and handling.

Or you could get the 1st-Gen Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD Player for $409.99 free shipping and handling. (Though with the HD-A2 being newer and cheaper, I don't know why you'd want to...)

Not to mention, that if you purchase either of these players before this month ends, you get 3 Free HD DVDs from Toshiba.

Not to mention, that if you purchase either of these players before this month ends, you get 3 Free HD DVDs from Toshiba.

Sweet, I'll get Rocky Balboa, Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl, and Spider-Man 3! :D

When the hell are SM1 and SM2 coming to Blu-ray :huh:

No idea. I think Spider-Man 2 was one of the original Blu Ray demonstrations at Kiosks. I'd imagine though that Spider-Man 1 and 2 on Blu Ray are being saved for somethign to coinside with the planned release of Spider-Man 3. I doubt it's that they haven't gotten around to it, I'm sure they just have some sort of a plan in place for the timing of those two releases.

I'll bet they'll do this:
1) When SM3 is ready for BD release, all three will be released separately.
2) Box BD set of all three.

:up:

You heard it here first, folks!

I believe BD for S-M 1 and 2 will be in May...

Nice find. I'm not going to say I'm surprised that BR has sold more as much as how quick that was. That report you linked says since both came out, meaning that's factoring in HD's head start. This isn't bragging or anything, but that's honestly not good news for HD to have been out few extra months and to be overtaken so early. It's like getting a 30 second head start in a mile run and you being passed up before 1/4 the race is over, I mean sure there's still time but your headstart ending up meaning crap.

Again, sooner this format war is over the better. Less ppl end up buying whichever loses, and sales of the winner should go up when ppl know for sure their not buying into a format that'll be gone in a years time.

Im starting to get interest in the PS3 again:confused: :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back