Batman Begins When will Batman Begins come to Blu-Ray?

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
I know it was already announced on HD-DVD ages ago, but what about Blu-Ray? WB officially supports both formats, but for some reason I haven't heard anything about Batman Begins on Blu-Ray, even though BR is a way more popular format than HD-DVD. Has anyone heard anything about a possible BB release on Blu-Ray?

Blu-Ray and HD-DVD actually sell about the same ever month, so it's not a "way more popular" format...and at this point, I havent seen ANY movies released on both formats...

Blu-ray has been outselling HD-DVD on a 2:1 ratio since the start of the year, and the gap has only been getting wider every month.

Also, Mission Impossible 3 came out on both formats at the same time. There are several other releases that were on both formats, but Batman Begins was not one of them. :(

I read somewhere (can't remember if it was here) that they're planning on a TrueHD release. I hope I got that right. I have no idea what that is at the moment, but it sounds like the Blu-Ray isn't coming anytime soon.

Wait a minute...

800px-CeBIT_2006_Panasonic_bluray_cases_huellen_by_HDTVTotalDOTcom.jpg

That's just from a showcase show, with Begins hitting the stupid TotalHD format this summer, it's going to be awhile before it's on a normal Blu-Ray disc :(

The reason there is no BB on BD is that the WB is waiting for BD to add the "In-Movie Experience" IME-enhanced treatment that's not currently avaible on BD, only on HD-DVD.

BD has said they will have that software on their discs before the years out.

Well, looks like I'll just have to wait a while. At least that Java update is coming that will undoubtedly speed things along nicely. In the mean time,the DVD looks pretty good when it's upscaled, even if it's a lot muddier looking than my Blu-Ray discs.

firmware update 1.8 sure was nice :up:
I'll patiently sit by and wait for a pure Blu-Ray release, no TotalHD crap. No red cases are going on my shelves

Opinions on what´s better HD-DVD or Blue-Ray? Planning on buying a new HDTV soon and a new DVD player so been wondering which one I should invest my money on

from a technological stand point, they're pretty much the same picture and audio quality wise. Blu-Ray has the benefit of more exclusive studios (Universal and Weinstein are the only HD-DVD exclusive companies). HD-DVD players are now as low as $299, although they only play at 1080i. Blu-Ray players could hit around the $299 mark as well by christmas

I work in Sales in Electronics..so I can answer this one......

you could always get a PS3....update the PS3's firmware via Sony's Online Network..and it will upscale EVERYTHING (PS1, PS2, DVD) to 1080p

or if you have a ******ed amount of money to spend.

LG is releasing a Hybrid Drive HD DVD / Blu Ray player in the immediate future. It's SRP is around 1200 bucks..which saves you 100-500 (including the PS3 as a Blu Ray Player) if you wanted to stay on the fence and buy both.

I personally went the PS3 route, with a 42" Toshiba HD LCD 1080p. Total cost me about 2500 after getting a 3 year Protection Agreement from Sears (where I work)

Blu-Ray wins, hands down. HD-DVD is about the same as BR in terms of picture and audio quality, but BR still has some serious advantages.

The biggest of which is that Blu-Ray has 5 of the big studios as exclusive supporters: Sony, MGM, Lionsgate, Fox, and Disney. HD-DVD only has Universal, and pretty much everyone else makes movies for both formats. Blu-Ray will have a superior movie selection once the big titles start hitting. Also, Blu-Ray is supported by almost all PC makers except Toshiba, ensuring a nice speedy integration to computers. Also, they are currently the format of choice for all the big electronics manufacturers except for Toshiba and NEC. And of course, it's integrated into PS3, making it the only next-gen format to house game software.

However, let's just forget about the support BR has from corporations for a moment, and just look at some features it has the HD-DVD doesn't. First of all, Blu-Ray has a protective coat that is superior to that of HD-DVD. HD-DVD scratches just as easily as normal DVDs, but Blu-Ray is extremely scratch resistant, and even when it get scratched it seldom affects playback (they demonstrated this by scratching a name into a BR disc with a needle and could still play it.) Also, the discs hold more than HD-DVD and are expandable. Theoretically, you'll be able to have the entire Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition plus the extras in full-HD quality on a single disc. On HD-DVD, it'd have to either be multiple discs, or start sacrificing features and quality.

For me, the descision was not a hard one, especially since I was buying PS3 anyway. My suggestion is that you wait until this fall, because the price war between Toshiba (HD-DVD) and the Blu-Ray manufacturers is really going to heat up. Blu-Ray players will probably be availible for as little as $299, and there is constant talk that Playstation 3 could have a pricedrop to as low as $449.

Blu Ray players are gonna go to 499 come Fall / Winter.

my store has already gotten preliminary marketing strategies for it. tee hee.

god bless working in an electronics store.

Blu Ray discs can also hold the equivelent of 10 DVD's (running at about 50 Gigs on the new Dual Layer formats).

Thats a MEGA plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"