The Fugitive (1993)

Brian Braddock

R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Y'know how there are movies that you havent seen for years and when you re-visit them you have a whole new appreciation for just how good that film really is?

Well, I watched 'the Fugitive' the other day and was suprised at just how much I found myself being totally engrossed in it after all these years. I was amazed at just how well it stands up today.

445px-The_Fugitive_movie.jpg

The direction of Andrew Davis is superb. Ford is excellent as usual; bringing a real air of vulnerability to his character, as is Tommy Lee Jones in an absolute tour-de-force performance (a performance that scooped him a best supporting actor Oscar - the film was also oscar nominated in six other categories).

I never realized just how subliminary iconic that jump from the prison bus when escaping the train image had become and the score by James Newton Howard was fantastic (but I can't get a bloody hold of it :o)

Fugitive2_tommy.jpg

Seriously, anyone who hasn't seen it should really do so.

Anyone who has seen it, and enjoyed it, well......... any retrospective thoughts? (The less said about 'U.S.Marshalls' the better ;) )

I agree, it holds up very well, and if you don't count Indy or Star Wars it's probably the part I liked Ford the most in. Tommy Lee Jones is excellent in this.

In general it's just a good, smart, thrilling flick. I really like it.

I DIDNT KILL MY WIFE!

I DONT CARE!!!! :)

Marshal Law was not so much as awesome

God, I'm in love with the film. Love the chase during the parade. Haven't watched the film in a while so I can't quite remember it in detail. Sweet movie!

The Fugitive is indeed a great flick. :up: I remember watching it quite a bit as a kid shortly after the film saw release on VHS, and then even started watching the original television series that were being re-ran on A&E at the time.

Of course now, I own the DVD version of the flick. And have been collecting the Season volume collections of the television show as well. :)

One of my favorites. I still try to watch it whenever its on TV. Ive seen it so many times since it came out and still havent got bored of it.

This is one of my favorite movies. When you can put two actors like Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones together you are in for a great movie. Everytime it comes on I find myself glued to the televison set. Never gets boring.

COnsidering what it was, a remake of a tv show, a style that has a horrible track record in Hollywood, this movie makes one hell of a splash. It loses its eras gimmicks and styles and makes a genuinely interesting and poignant drama-thriller. I only hope that the A-Team can copy its idea. The strategy involved was less of remake an old tv show and more like doing the story as if its never been done before. It took the most basic elements of the tv series and made it its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"