The Dark Knight the funny papers?

Matt Mortem

Karloff is King
Reaction score
ok so I made this thread in hopes to discover what the Joker meant when he said watch the funny papers. We know it wasnt the perfect getaway thing because he said that after we finished that puzzle. Does anybody have any idea what we're supposed to be looking for on the HA HA HA times?

it could also mean the regular gotham times. there' plenty of mayhem in there which joker finds hilarious.

I was wondering that also, we already got our "final test" so its over anyway, but I dont know if the "watch the funny papers" amounted to anything.

Ah great now it is going to be in the back of my head, wondering if it means something more...

it would be great if they sent out the haha times too:brucebat:

I was wondering that also, we already got our "final test" so its over anyway, but I dont know if the "watch the funny papers" amounted to anything.

The "final test" was just to get into his gang. Maybe now we will just get more assignments

I would love to see a crime spree happen in the months leading up to the movie, just to establish.

you know what i just realized april fools is coming before the release of the movie...thats just too perfect

I thought the Gotham Times would maybe come out with a second edition, perhaps with Sunday comics.

But that didn't happen, so now I don't know what "funny papers" refers to. :(

Just a funny, dark thought, could he have meant the obituary's? What else would he find "Funny"?

-Bri

P.s. April 1 could be fun!

I think Guthrie has it right... something bigs going to happen on april fools day. in The Long Halloween, that was the day the murderer 'Holiday' (who had killed someone from Carmine Falcone's criminal empire on every major holiday for a year) spared the Riddler's life. and since alot of the feel for this movie, as well as the last, are based on that series, then Id say its safe to say we should keep our eyes and ears open.

I don't think they'll leave us hanging til April... at least, I really hope not. O_O

I really hope there wil be more to it all, I loved the games and clues. If they do more I hope there's some more in the SF area, that sucks that the free tickets were all the way in LA as the closest to me and my bf

P.s. April 1 could be fun!

I'd love for them to "leak" out info that WB is not happy with the new Batsuit, that the fans have been sending in tons and tons of letters protesting it. So, WB has decided to force the TDK crew to CGI in a new batsuit since filming has nearly wrapped, designed by the executives. And so we get leaked production stills of Christian Bale in the ADAM WEST batsuit. Afterwards, we learn it was the Joker who is behind this charade.

:brucebat::hoboj:

I'd love for them to "leak" out info that WB is not happy with the new Batsuit, that the fans have been sending in tons and tons of letters protesting it. So, WB has decided to force the TDK crew to CGI in a new batsuit since filming has nearly wrapped, designed by the executives. And so we get leaked production stills of Christian Bale in the ADAM WEST batsuit. Afterwards, we learn it was the Joker who is behind this charade.

:brucebat::hoboj:
or because of budget and creative differences Christopher Nolan has been fired, Wb is in talks with Joel Schumacher to finish the editing process and perhaps reshoot some scenes.

Joel Schumacher quotes "It is nice to have that control over the series again, I hope to not force my vision on the fans again but I believe they are going to love the direction I am taking this series"

or because of budget and creative differences Christopher Nolan has been fired, Wb is in talks with Joel Schumacher to finish the editing process and perhaps reshoot some scenes.

Joel Schumacher quotes "It is nice to have that control over the series again, I hope to not force my vision on the fans again but I believe they are going to love the direction I am taking this series"

Haha. . wow. Can you say RIOT?! :D

I have the feeling that the next phase of the viral will be more Harvey oriented... And will be out sometime in January.

I have the feeling that the next phase of the viral will be more Harvey oriented... And will be out sometime in January.

Makes sense. Our work with The Joker seems like it's done, but I don't know. But it seems odd that we're getting sites about the GCPD, audio feeds, and such, but not really getting anything out of knowing it.

I don't think we'll necessarily work for him, but things will kind of go along with IA, Dent, etc. just as you stated...

That'd be awesome if now, we get more involved with Dent and cracking down on corrupt police. What if we have to go to a certain part of our respective cities at a certain time to catch corrupt cops in the act and report them and etcetera. That'd be pretty clean I think.

Yeah I think something more towards his campaign and how he is trying to clean the streets of Gotham

I still think there's going to be something "joker"-ish before the end of Dec. Maybe like Rory's but insted, Pics with Santa. Even not, that don't sound to bad of an idea. HaHaHa!!!!

~:hoboj:~

I agree, I don't think the whole viral marketing campaign is over yet. There's still the whole deal with Dent's organization and bringing down the corrupt cops of gotham, I think thats still going on actually. But not as many people seem to be following it. Maybe when we're done with that we'll get an IMAX reveal of two face ?:yay:

I bet there is going to be something new every holiday until July... heck that's what I would do.

I bet there is going to be something new every holiday until July... heck that's what I would do.

I think so too, but on the last email from GPD they said the cases reported to WeAretheAnswer would be solved "early next year".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"