The Future of Super Villains in post Civil War Marvel

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
It seems to me that the Civil War crossover really defanged the super villain community in MU. No super villain really took advantage of the fact the super hero community was warring with itself. Now that Civil War is over, lets look at the aftermath, Tony Stark now has control of SHIELD and has a virtual army of super heroes at his command. Tony stark holds all the cards and the super villain community is now at a serious disadvantage here. Many super villains were neutralized during CW and are now either being held in the negative Zone prison or forced to work for the government. How are super villains supposed to pose a threat in world where they are being opposed by an organized, government backed, army of super heroes?

Many are actually fleeing to Canada to get away from the States and that's where Omega Flight steps in.

its not the world just the usa so they could start attacking other places around the world. and you know they will because they know the superheroes wont be coming after them because they need the ok to go over seas. hell if i was dr. doom i would start a war justing knowing the us and its heroes wouldn't be able to do anything what with all the redtape.

Firts off, I really don't see super villains as a community, asthey all have highly varried motivations, personal morals, and methods, and their only common factor is that they either have super powers, unique skills, o somehow aquired highly powerful/weird weapons. But I digress:

I don't see a problem. Most are criminals already, so it's not like what they're doing is somehow illigal-er. The mobsters will still do mobish things, the psycho killers will still kill, the theives will still theive, and the terrorist/change the world types will still terrorize and try to change the world. Some may lay low when they feel the fuzz bearing down, but otherwise, crime should go about as normal.

funny how fiction and fact so often bear such amazing similarities. The United States is now a supervillan.

It seems to me that the Civil War crossover really defanged the super villain community in MU. No super villain really took advantage of the fact the super hero community was warring with itself. Now that Civil War is over, lets look at the aftermath, Tony Stark now has control of SHIELD and has a virtual army of super heroes at his command. Tony stark holds all the cards and the super villain community is now at a serious disadvantage here. Many super villains were neutralized during CW and are now either being held in the negative Zone prison or forced to work for the government. How are super villains supposed to pose a threat in world where they are being opposed by an organized, government backed, army of super heroes?

How would they have taken advantage of it? It's not like everywhere, all the time, the heros were fighting. Most of the time, Cap was in hiding while Tony had teams roving around picking up villans and heros alike that weren't registered or flat out arrested.

Many are actually fleeing to Canada to get away from the States and that's where Omega Flight steps in.

And why USAgent is there.

So what, we won't see any super villains in the US anymore?
You will.
its not the world just the usa so they could start attacking other places around the world. and you know they will because they know the superheroes wont be coming after them because they need the ok to go over seas. hell if i was dr. doom i would start a war justing knowing the us and its heroes wouldn't be able to do anything what with all the redtape.

Several times, heros are turned away because they come from America anyway. This is really no different. If Doom decided to attack the UK, and needed help, America would most likely respond. It's not like the Avengers always deal in world affairs. How many times has Dr. Doom led campaigns agaisnt other countries without any American heros even noticing?

funny how fiction and fact so often bear such amazing similarities. The United States is now a supervillan.

How so?

^ In the Marvel U I see it this way. Villans more often than not try to supress freedom and rights. Freedom to think, act, be, so on. With the CW and Starks position on person or persons with powers, he is supressing their rights to live their lives as they choose. Stark represents the US Gov now, so by my twisted logic the US is now a villan.
As for the paralell to reality. I have a major bias against the bipartizen, arrogant, capatalist, corrupted country I was born in.

Firts off, I really don't see super villains as a community, asthey all have highly varried motivations, personal morals, and methods, and their only common factor is that they either have super powers, unique skills, o somehow aquired highly powerful/weird weapons. But I digress:

I don't see a problem. Most are criminals already, so it's not like what they're doing is somehow illigal-er. The mobsters will still do mobish things, the psycho killers will still kill, the theives will still theive, and the terrorist/change the world types will still terrorize and try to change the world. Some may lay low when they feel the fuzz bearing down, but otherwise, crime should go about as normal.

First of all I call semantics on the whole "community" thing. Second it would be naive to assume that Stark's plans wouldn't include major crackdown on the super villains. Look at the end of CW 7, super villains like Taskmaster and Deathstrike were being imprisoned in the 42. How is your average super villain supposed to escape from a prison located in the Negative Zone? Also consider that Stark has an organized army of super heroes with SHIELD resources as back up. How are super villains supposed to commit crimes if they have a army of super heroes and bunch of SHIELD agents patroling the streets waiting for some super villain to cause trouble so they can send him or her to the 42? Its like trying to be a sucessful criminal in a city under martial law, almost impossible.

Kingpin capitolized on the Cival War.

So Fisk tricked Iron man and his lackies to take out Hammerhead and his gang of bottom feeders. Big deal. Where is Fisk now? That's right, he has been forced out of the US, he has been completely neutralized. Name someone who took advantage of the stituation and isn't neutralized? Why didn't anyone try and take over the world or something?

There are many problems with that statement:

1. If France was invaded by super villains, do you think the french government wouldn't ask the US government for help from its super heroes?

2. If a super villain managed to take over a country, don't you think the US would send its super heroes there regardless of internatiuonal opinion. If Omega Red takes over Russia and has access to Russia's nuclear weapons or if Hydra starts building a death ray in a secret base in Chile, do you really think the US super heroes will merely ignore those stituations?

We'll probably still see villains just very few and more heroes gone rogue in their place.

Bah I'm sick of heroes fighting rogue heroes we already had a ton of that in CW, I want some super villain action.

How would they have taken advantage of it? It's not like everywhere, all the time, the heros were fighting. Most of the time, Cap was in hiding while Tony had teams roving around picking up villans and heros alike that weren't registered or flat out arrested.

Your telling me that some super villain couldn't have taken advantage of this stituation if they tried? Plus look at the status quo now, the super heroes are organized into a giant army with government resources backing them, how is a better time to strike? How are the villains supposed to be a threat at all in this enviroment? The CW crossover completely defanged the super villains of MU.

1. If France was invaded by super villains, do you think the french government wouldn't ask the US government for help from its super heroes?

2. If a super villain managed to take over a country, don't you think the US would send its super heroes there regardless of internatiuonal opinion. If Omega Red takes over Russia and has access to Russia's nuclear weapons or if Hydra starts building a death ray in a secret base in Chile, do you really think the US super heroes will merely ignore those stituations?

Given our current opinion of America, we'd probably ask another country first.

Your telling me that some super villain couldn't have taken advantage of this stituation if they tried? Plus look at the status quo now, the super heroes are organized into a giant army with government resources backing them, how is a better time to strike? How are the villains supposed to be a threat at all in this enviroment? The CW crossover completely defanged the super villains of MU.

Instead of me explaining it, maybe I should hear how they're taking advantage of this from you first.

The thing is, the remaining Super villains need to organize. More than ever they need to come together as a community, like the society. The DCU's super villains are a community. Sure there is back stabbing and crooked s**t going on, but hey, they're bad guys, that's to be expected. That is what the Marvel Villains need to do, and that's the way I figure it will eventually go. I think everything is being set up for Osbourne to take advantage of his position, his access to many dangerous super villains, plus sensitive government information, and build his own army. Trust me, when WWH goes down, there's a very good chance the T-Bolts are gonna make a move. Either during or after. And that would be something to see.

Given our current opinion of America, we'd probably ask another country first.

Instead of me explaining it, maybe I should hear how they're taking advantage of this from you first.

So if Omega Red takes over Russia, the US governemnt is going ask Omega Red if he wants to be overthrown or not?:huh: What government would say no to help from US super heroes if their country is being taken over from super villains, I think Apocalypse trying to turn your country into a giant graveyard is a more important problem then ntional pride.

As for super villains taking advantage of CW, while I can't point to any examples because most super villains did jack all during CW. But off the top of my head, the Mad Thinker could have a done a million things during CW. Thinker could have studied trends and noted when it was likely that the super heroes would be fighting eachother, then organized robberies while the heroes were otherwise organized, kidnaped government officals and replace them with androids to take control of the post CW world, even organized super villain teams to take out groups of heroes that would be weakneded from fighting eachother. But none of that happned, now did it, the super villain s did jack all and now they look like a joke.

Your telling me that some super villain couldn't have taken advantage of this situation if they tried? Plus look at the status quo now, the super heroes are organized into a giant army with government resources backing them, how is a better time to strike? How are the villains supposed to be a threat at all in this enviroment? The CW crossover completely defanged the super villains of MU.

A few did try. They tried to organize, and the Kingpin manipulated Stark into rounding up the competition. Add to that that the T-Bolts were rounding up every super villain they could get their hands on throughout the entire War and you can see why nobody took advantage. Doom was busy trying to get his Country back in order seeing as he just got back from hell and all his WMD's were destroyed by Richards. Red Skull's been doing his thing behind the scenes. Ultron's still offline. Most of the mutants are powerless. There really isn't much of anything anybody could have done. All the bases were covered basically. Now, after the war, those that laid low, and consolidated power while they were busy, they'll make their move then. While they're still trying to sort everything out. Fifty superhero teams is quite a lot of powers and egos to put up with. So, who knows.

The thing is, the remaining Super villains need to organize. More than ever they need to come together as a community, like the society. The DCU's super villains are a community. Sure there is back stabbing and crooked s**t going on, but hey, they're bad guys, that's to be expected. That is what the Marvel Villains need to do, and that's the way I figure it will eventually go. I think everything is being set up for Osbourne to take advantage of his position, his access to many dangerous super villains, plus sensitive government information, and build his own army. Trust me, when WWH goes down, there's a very good chance the T-Bolts are gonna make a move. Either during or after. And that would be something to see.

See that doesn't make sense though, why would the government but Osborn in charge of the T-bolts in the first place, the man is a psychopath who is not to be trusted. It would be pretty stupid of the governemnt to sow the seeds of its own destruction, with no failsafes in place to counteract. I seriously doubt the government is that stupid.

But they did, and he is, so I guess they are.

A few did try. They tried to organize, and the Kingpin manipulated Stark into rounding up the competition. Add to that that the T-Bolts were rounding up every super villain they could get their hands on throughout the entire War and you can see why nobody took advantage. Doom was busy trying to get his Country back in order seeing as he just got back from hell and all his WMD's were destroyed by Richards. Red Skull's been doing his thing behind the scenes. Ultron's still offline. Most of the mutants are powerless. There really isn't much of anything anybody could have done. All the bases were covered basically. Now, after the war, those that laid low, and consolidated power while they were busy, they'll make their move then. While they're still trying to sort everything out. Fifty superhero teams is quite a lot of powers and egos to put up with. So, who knows.

Kingpin's been neutralized and Kingpin tricking the pro reg side into taking out Hammerhead did nothing to improve the lot of super villains in CW. Why didn't some B-list masterminds like Mad Thinker or Count Nefaria try somethig big? What possible power base that was consolidated by the villains during CW can comapre with the massive power base Stark has created? The fact stark was allowed to amass as much power as he did, is a total failure for the super villains of MU.

So if Omega Red takes over Russia, the US governemnt is going ask Omega Red if he wants to be overthrown or not?:huh: What government would say no to help from US super heroes if their country is being taken over from super villains, I think Apocalypse trying to turn your country into a giant graveyard is a more important problem then ntional pride.
As for super villains taking advantage of CW, while I can't point to any examples because most super villains did jack all during CW. But off the top of my head, the Mad Thinker could have a done a million things during CW. Thinker could have studied trends and noted when it was likely that the super heroes would be fighting eachother, then organized robberies while the heroes were otherwise organized, kidnaped government officals and replace them with androids to take control of the post CW world, even organized super villain teams to take out groups of heroes that would be weakneded from fighting eachother. But none of that happned, now did it, the super villain s did jack all and now they look like a joke.

Go back and look at what I responded to towards you before you ask the Omega Red question again.

And let me now lay it out.

Super Villans are fairly unorganized outside a few. So, with Stark out with his heros on patrol looking for villans, this is what would happen.

A villan pops up, the store owner calls the police, which in turn alerts the heros. The heros rush out, and capture said villan through a highly organized fashion. And really, it's not just Tony, SHIELD is aiding in this, and they're everywhere.

So....them taking advantage? Doesn't happen in a system where they're just looking like crazy for villans.

See that doesn't make sense though, why would the government but Osborn in charge of the T-bolts in the first place, the man is a psychopath who is not to be trusted. It would be pretty stupid of the governemnt to sow the seeds of its own destruction, with no failsafes in place to counteract. I seriously doubt the government is that stupid.
Maybe they'd tag him with...I dunno...nanites?

But they did, and he is, so I guess they are.

So what the government's grand plans with the SHRA will be undone by thier own incompentence? That's pathetic. Frankly it sems like bad writting that the government would allow a psycho like Osborn to be in charge of the T-bolts.

I hope Supervillains become actual threats at this point. I mean when was the last time a Marvel villain actually did something ****ing crazy/evil/awesome?

First of all I call semantics on the whole "community" thing.

As I said, it was but a mere digression.

Second it would be naive to assume that Stark's plans wouldn't include major crackdown on the super villains. Look at the end of CW 7, super villains like Taskmaster and Deathstrike were being imprisoned in the 42. How is your average super villain supposed to escape from a prison located in the Negative Zone? Also consider that Stark has an organized army of super heroes with SHIELD resources as back up. How are super villains supposed to commit crimes if they have a army of super heroes and bunch of SHIELD agents patroling the streets waiting for some super villain to cause trouble so they can send him or her to the 42? Its like trying to be a sucessful criminal in a city under martial law, almost impossible.

Sure, there'll be a crackdown, but how much more can he do? SHEILD agents can't patrol the streets like that. And, as I said, it's not like the villains weren't wanted by the police before. Really, for them, nothing's changed. They're still outlaws, the police are on most of their asses, and the feds and SHEILD are hunting for the more dangerous ones (Red Skull, Magneto, etc.). Crime will survive as crime has always survived: By having no regard for the law.

So if Omega Red takes over Russia, the US governemnt is going ask Omega Red if he wants to be overthrown or not? What government would say no to help from US super heroes if their country is being taken over from super villains, I think Apocalypse trying to turn your country into a giant graveyard is a more important problem then ntional pride.

Governments have been overthrown and countries have been taken over by some very nasty individuals in the past (in some cases the rather recent past) in both the Marvel Universe and the real world. The United States doesn't intervene every time that happens. It woul be impossible to do, really. And risky in more ways than one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"