The Gaming Lounge: Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe there were some licensing issues ??
maybe for third party stuff but that shouldnt be much of an issue for 1st party stuff and Sega had PLENTY of notable software that they could fill this up with. This "collection" of 4 games seems very pointless especially since all 4 were recently released on PSN/XBLA

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/18/final-fantasy-xiii-2-announced/

Square Enix has announced Final Fantasy XIII-2 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. During a Square Enix 1st Production Division event in Japan, producer Yoshinori Kitase revealed the direct sequel to last year's Final Fantasy XIII, which is to be directed by Motomu Toriyama.

Though we hope the "-2" in the title signifies the subtraction of Hope and Vanille, the logo highlights the addition of a new character alongside XIII's prickly leading lady, Lightning. According to a translation by RPG Site, Final Fantasy XIII-2 is set to launch in 2011, though it's unclear if that pertains to Japan only.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/18/kingdom-hearts-3d-dream-drop-distance/

When Kingdom Hearts 3D arrives on Nintendo's newest portable platform, none of its recognizable traits will be lost in the transition. The pointy-haired protagonists, charming Disney icons and comically oversized keys will be locked inside a box, branded with another mentally impenetrable subtitle -- a Square Enix classic! According to an announcement at Square Enix's 1st Production Department event in Japan (translated by Andriasang), the 3DS game is called "Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance."

You'll note that those are, in fact, three Ds. Well done, everyone.

According to comments made at the event, which is intended to highlight the 1st Production Department's upcoming products, Kingdom Hearts 3D will emphasize action and speed, with 3D effects conveying a greater sense of height (for flying) and distances (for falling). When playing, you'll regularly switch between two of the franchise's Dexterous Dainty Dudes, Sora and Riku.

No announcements regarding a North American release of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance have been made.

Well, I'm not entirely sure if I'm allowed to do this or not, but I figure with all the threads getting closed and continued I might as well start up a new Lounge in here, since the other one is way past 1000 posts*

Here is the place you want to be for talking video games. Got news to dump for something that doesn't have it's own thread? Want to talk about how you just got a super-sweet deal on SNES games? Just want a place to dick about games in some form or fashion? Well, all are welcome here**, because this the thread for those of us who love games, because games are digital....

28ls0vp.jpg

MAGIC!

*Mod note: If I'm not allowed to do this, and the continuation thing must happen, here's the link to the old thread for this: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=323402 Just thought I would save the trouble

**Not everyone is welcome. Seriously, there's some people who should not post. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Anyone tried the the Crysis 2 demo yet?

I didn't even know it was out. I'll try it later once I put in a few hours with Dead Space 2, which if the first 15 min are anything to go by is gonna be a helluva ride.

Also isn't the thread thing automated? I'm not sure if u can go over skynets head like that Tron

I am pretty excited to try out the Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm demo's today. I am also enjoying ME2 alot.

Also, they bumped the thread cut off to 5,000 posts. For now at least.

I've only played a few matches, but it didn't leave a great impression.

The basic gameplay feels a bit unresponsive. When you're not sprinting, it sort of feels like you're wading through jell-o or something. It reminds me a lot of Killzone 2 in that respect.

Your "powers" don't seem very useful. The cloaking device only seems to work well when you're standing absolutely still. Also, I didn't notice any appreciable difference when my armor ability was active.

And to top it all off, I wasn't super-impressed by the visuals.

It doesn't seem like a "bad" game by any stretch of the imagination, so I'm going to play some more later and see if it's just something I need to get used to.

I've only played a few matches, but it didn't leave a great impression.

The basic gameplay feels a bit unresponsive. When you're not sprinting, it sort of feels like you're wading through jell-o or something. It reminds me a lot of Killzone 2 in that respect. .

Ugh, i HATED that feeling in Killzone 2. I think i bumped up the sensitivity to try and help with that. Good to know thats being fixed for KZ3 tho.

But that kind of sucks to hear that about Crysis, altho i think IGN ran an article that stated the same thing, that on consoles the game felt a bit unresponsive.

Unresponsive might be too strong a word. Sluggish is probably more appropriate.

Also isn't the thread thing automated? I'm not sure if u can go over skynets head like that Tron

Psst, Skynet never ran into Tron Bonne before.

Also, they bumped the thread cut off to 5,000 posts. For now at least.

Ah, okay. Is that what lead to all the re-mergers? Well, I don't know, people are already posting in here, but if a mod wants to close it and bump the old one, not like I can stop them.

I just downloaded Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and now on a mega nostalgia high. The exclusion of Mega Man only hurts more. Also, beating up the giant Juggernaut as Servbot was funny as hell.

Capcom to announce two new games this summer.
http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/26/capcom-to-announce-two-large-scale-original-games-by-this-summer/#more-141150

Capcom’s Jun Takeuchi has told Famitsu that the publisher will announce two big games by this summer.

Furthermore, he told the mag that both games will be out in 2011, with Takeuchi adding that the titles would be a surprise.

Speculation is pointing to a Resident Evil 6 reveal at E3 in June, but the dev boss mentioned the games would be original.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/25/max-anarchy-revealed-as-next-title-from-platinum-games/

We knew it was coming -- now we have a name and some initial details on the fifth collaboration between Platinum Games and Sega. Max Anarchy has been revealed in the latest issue of Japan's Famitsu magazine, with Andriasang reporting that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 title from the creators of Vanquish and Bayonetta will, as expected, be their first online combat game.

Famitsu's article is said to feature screenshots from the game -- which is due this year in Japan -- showing characters fighting one another using chainsaws and torches. Interestingly, Jack, the lead character from MadWorld (shown) is playable, rendered in full color as opposed to the stark black and white visual style of the developer's Wii-only title. Famitsu is promising a full interview with producer Atsushi Inaba, in which we wouldn't be surprised to learn of more cameos by other Platinum Games characters.

Um, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridge_(microarchitecture)

In addition, Sandy Bridge processors implement security features that include the ability to remotely disable a PC or erase information from hard drives. This can be useful in the case of a lost or stolen PC. The commands can be received through 3G signals, ethernet, or internet connections. AES encryption acceleration will be available, which for example is useful for video conferencing and VoIP applications, among other things.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridge_(microarchitecture)#cite_note-fall2010forum-18

They should impliment something like this with all electrical devices.
Make stealing them moot.

I'm thinking of picking up a 3DS after all. I don't really have any interest in the platform, but the games line-up is looking better and better. I'm definitely gonna wait a year or two for the price to come down and/or new versions to pop up, though. $250 for a handheld? It is to laugh, Nintendo. :funny:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/26/hydrophobia-devs-try-to-right-the-ship-with-listening-post/

We'll give this to developer Dark Energy Digital: it refuses to let Hydrophobia sink into the abyss without a fight. Late last year, the studio released the "Pure" update, which was one of the most substantial post-launch overhauls ever performed on a game. Now, the company is activating the "Hydrophobia Listening Post," asking the community what it wants from the game universe (and, likely, its planned sequels).

The Listening Post is presented as a series of questions on the Hydrophobia game site that seeks to incorporate player feedback into development. Creative director Pete Jones says the company was "absolutely blown away" by the response to Pure and believes "there should be a two-way relationship between developer and players."

If you still haven't dipped your toes into Hydrophobia (whose price was permanently dropped to 800 points [$10] on Xbox Live Arcade last month alongside the update), the game will be ripe for more feedback when it goes on sale next week for $5.

Wow, now that's some dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back