''The girl is as clever as she is pretty.'' the Margaery Tyrell thread

She's extremely hot. I bet she'll be even hotter by the season finale.

cotd_email_1461689376_00025.jpg

I will miss the lovely Natalie Dormer, even though she wasn't even in this season much. Fortunately she's everywhere these days so it's not like it will be hard to seek out her next project(s).

I was sorry to see the character go. At least she was wise to Cersei's games.

I think Maragery could have beaten Cersei at her games if it wasn't for the High Sparrow. She outsmarted Cersei, hence why Cersei brought in the Sparrow, and then Margaery outsmarted the Sparrow too. She had the whole capital in the palm of her hand, including her idiotic husband, if not for the actions made by the Sparrow against first her brother and then Cersei.

She also figured out Cersei's games in the end, sadly the Sparrow was too prideful to listen. I actually feel like Margaery would be a pretty good queen if she'd been given the chance to rule solo. But now the Seven Kingdoms are stuck with Cersei instead. Good luck with that.

Cersei's in a pincer. Littlefinger in the North, Varys and his entourage coming from the south, and a city whose people looked less than enthused for their new queen.

I think Maragery could have beaten Cersei at her games if it wasn't for the High Sparrow. She outsmarted Cersei, hence why Cersei brought in the Sparrow, and then Margaery outsmarted the Sparrow too. She had the whole capital in the palm of her hand, including her idiotic husband, if not for the actions made by the Sparrow against first her brother and then Cersei.

She also figured out Cersei's games in the end, sadly the Sparrow was too prideful to listen.

Have to disagree with a lot of this. She lost. And actions made by the Sparrow on Cersei's behalf were Cersei's actions. I honestly think it was like a grown woman vs a little girl.

Yeah sure she had the upper hand at times, but Cersei basically owned Margaery. If High Sparrow hadn't been so volatile, Cersei would have won with that move. And given that he was, Cersei adapated and came up with plan B.

Margaery didn't really do much at all. She talked a lot, but there wasn't much action.

Well she did not commit an act of terrorism that verged on genocide, yes. But you can see the superior gamesmanship by the fact that Cersei created the High Sparrow menace (which no one else on the show would be so stupid to do) and then had it turn on her.

While Cersei broke under torture and got dragged through the streets naked by their admittedly sexist doctrine - for all intents and purposes becoming a pariah in the court and robbed of all her power - Margaery flourished in the **** storm Cersei created, manipulating the High Sparrow and Tommen with ease, going from having her head on the literal chopping block to pulling the strings.

Cersei did not win the game so much as quit it and turned into a mass murdering despot. And that degree of childish short sightedness will catch up with her. By killing the Tyrells, she loses the Highgarden food line and will starve her people. Meanwhile Highgarden is siding with Dorne and Daenerys while the North is still in open rebellion.

Cersei is terrible at the game. She killed everyone, but she put herself in a position that is unwinnable. At this point, it is only a question of who will kill her next season.

Cersei screwed herself over by killing Maergery. Now she rules a kingdom that has no control over about two thirds of its territories and no money, the Lannister are broke now after all. And so is the crown.

Well she did not commit an act of terrorism that verged on genocide, yes. But you can see the superior gamesmanship by the fact that Cersei created the High Sparrow menace (which no one else on the show would be so stupid to do) and then had it turn on her.

While Cersei broke under torture and got dragged through the streets naked by their admittedly sexist doctrine - for all intents and purposes becoming a pariah in the court and robbed of all her power - Margaery flourished in the **** storm Cersei created, manipulating the High Sparrow and Tommen with ease, going from having her head on the literal chopping block to pulling the strings.

Cersei did not win the game so much as quit it and turned into a mass murdering despot. And that degree of childish short sightedness will catch up with her. By killing the Tyrells, she loses the Highgarden food line and will starve her people. Meanwhile Highgarden is siding with Dorne and Daenerys while the North is still in open rebellion.

Cersei is terrible at the game. She killed everyone, but she put herself in a position that is unwinnable. At this point, it is only a question of who will kill her next season.

Yup. Plus, she was the only one who figured out that Cersei's absence meant that she was upto something. I'll miss her :csad:. And Cersei really is terrible at the game. Her plan to get rid of the Tyrells through the High Sparrow backfired on her spectacularly. Her plan to get rid of the High Sparrow resulted in her only living son killing himself. Only a matter of time before sitting on the Iron Throne leads to her death. She's screwed.

Cersei screwed herself over by killing Maergery. Now she rules a kingdom that has no control over about two thirds of its territories and no money, the Lannister are broke now after all. And so is the crown.

I hope they don't just have her ally with Euron in order to be some sort of threat to the Targaryen/Martell/Tyrell/Greyjoy alliance. She would lose anyways, and given how poorly she's played the game it would be more entertaining and a more fitting end to the character just to see her get thoroughly stomped. Lie in the bed she made.

Dammit, Martin

Seriously though, from a storytelling viewpoint the Tyrell faction had to be removed from Kings Landing in order for the viewer to side with Daenerys. If Dany invaded and Maergery was sat on the throne with Tommen we'd struggle to support Dany if she butchered them, since they weren't truly unlikable or bad people. As much as I didn't want to see Maergery go, it had to be done, because she wouldn't have been willing to simply walk away. The girl had ambition.

Sad to see her go. :( I liked her a lot. Now i hate Cersei even more - way more when her only son committed suicide. I don't blame his poor broken soul but only his mother for how things ended so terribly wrong. After witnessing the destruction of the High Sparrow, I think at that point, he had nothing else to live for except wanting to be there for his wife who he'll be with in heaven...not in hell, *ahem* Unlike the other son who was a whiny ass bastard to Sansa. I liked Tommen...he was a good kid with a good heart. At least he was more sensible than his older brother but what more could he have done? He knew he was screwed and ... I honestly don't think his death will teach Cersei anything anymore...she's a biatch! A cold heartless manipulative mother effer biatch! No hate to Heady who I like as an actress - she's so good at portraying characters that makes you despise them and want to see them die in a compelling satisfying way.

Dammit, Martin

Seriously though, from a storytelling viewpoint the Tyrell faction had to be removed from Kings Landing in order for the viewer to side with Daenerys. If Dany invaded and Maergery was sat on the throne with Tommen we'd struggle to support Dany if she butchered them, since they weren't truly unlikable or bad people. As much as I didn't want to see Maergery go, it had to be done, because she wouldn't have been willing to simply walk away. The girl had ambition.

I am fine how it played out because it was a great twist and kind of fitting. Cersei might covet power more than anyone on this show and she got it but at a high price that she was too narrow minded to see (killing the church and his wife would cause her weak son to become suicidal).

With that said, I really liked "Blackwater," because you had people on both sides to root for (Tyrion, the Hound, Sansa, all the innocent small folk on one, Davos and maybe Stannis, plus bloody revenge for Ned Stark on the other). As well as characters to hate on each side (Joffrey and Cersei vs. again possibly Stannis, as well as Melisandre).

That ambiguity is fun. Other than Jaime, there are no "sympathetic" characters left in KL. We are just ready to watch Dany run Cersei's last vestige of power over. That will be nice too, but it is the one reason I don't think I loved "Battle of the Bastards" as much as everybody else. That was good vs. evil with good obviously set to win. I was happy that Jon and Sansa of course beat Ramsay, but that ambiguity in the earlier battles was missed.

I am sorry...but who is Dany? ...or is that short for ...who I think it is, the Queen mother of Dragons?

Dany is short for Daenerys, yes. It's easier than saying "Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons, Mhysa and all-round badass"

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. lols. So many names - so many characters - so hard to keep up who's who. lols.

Sad to see her go. :( I liked her a lot. Now i hate Cersei even more - way more when her only son committed suicide. I don't blame his poor broken soul but only his mother for how things ended so terribly wrong. After witnessing the destruction of the High Sparrow, I think at that point, he had nothing else to live for except wanting to be there for his wife who he'll be with in heaven...not in hell, *ahem* Unlike the other son who was a whiny ass bastard to Sansa. I liked Tommen...he was a good kid with a good heart. At least he was more sensible than his older brother but what more could he have done? He knew he was screwed and ... I honestly don't think his death will teach Cersei anything anymore...she's a biatch! A cold heartless manipulative mother effer biatch! No hate to Heady who I like as an actress - she's so good at portraying characters that makes you despise them and want to see them die in a compelling satisfying way.

laughed when after Tommen's first attempt at sex with her she moans a little and he's like "Am I hurting you?"

Dammit, Martin

It feels like an easy out for Dany though. She's s never had to conquer a people that were content. It would have been interesting to see what would happen if she roles up to take the Iron Throne and everyone didn't want her. Would she back down or take it anyway despite her declaration that she would leave the world a better place? How much does she really want that throne?

It feels like an easy out for Dany though. She's s never had to conquer a people that were content. It would have been interesting to see what would happen if she roles up to take the Iron Throne and everyone didn't want her. Would she back down or take it anyway despite her declaration that she would leave the world a better place? How much does she really want that throne?

I'm interested to see what she plans to do with the Dothraki anyway. Their way of life won't be pleasant for the normal civilians in Westeros. I cannot see them march through the cities without thousands of innocent casualties.

I hope Olenna sees it all the way through to the end, she should be present when Cersei dies, in honour of Maergery and Loras.

Dany is short for Daenerys, yes. It's easier than saying "Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons, Mhysa and all-round badass"

Yep, she also goes by Dany in some circles... wait does she anymore? I know GRRM will write "Dany." But I can only recall Viserys calling her "Dany" in the first season. Does anyone else still do it to her face?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"