The Heath Ledger Movie Appreciation Thread

Reek

_____
Reaction score
R.I.P. Heath....this is for your accomplishments. One great actor IMO.
  1. The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009) (filming)
  2. The Dark Knight (2008) (post-production) .... The Joker
  3. I'm Not There. (2007) .... Robbie Clark
  4. Candy (2006) .... Dan
  5. Casanova (2005) .... Casanova
    ... aka Femur (Philippines: English title)
  6. Brokeback Mountain (2005) .... Ennis Del Mar
  7. The Brothers Grimm (2005) .... Jacob Grimm
  8. Lords of Dogtown (2005) .... Skip
    ... aka American Knights (Philippines: English title)
    ... aka Dogtown Boys (Germany)
  9. The Order (2003) .... Alex Bernier
    ... aka The Sin Eater (Australia) (Singapore: English title) (UK) (USA: working title)
    ... aka Sin Eater - Die Seele des Bösen (Germany)
  10. Ned Kelly (2003) .... Ned Kelly
    ... aka Ned Kelly: Public Enemy No. 1 (Philippines: English title: poster title)
  11. The Four Feathers (2002) .... Harry Faversham
  12. Monster's Ball (2001) .... Sonny Grotowski
    ... aka Bal du monstre, Le (Canada: French title)
  13. A Knight's Tale (2001) .... Sir William Thatcher / Sir Ulrich von Lichtenstein of Gelderland
  14. The Patriot (2000) .... Gabriel Martin
    ... aka Patriot, Der (Germany)
  15. "Roar" .... Conor (13 episodes, 1997-2000)
    - Sweet Bridget (2000) TV episode .... Conor
    - The Cage (2000) TV episode .... Conor
    - Daybreak (2000) TV episode .... Conor
    - Traps (2000) TV episode .... Conor
    - Tash (2000) TV episode .... Conor
    (8 more)
  16. Two Hands (1999) .... Jimmy
  17. 10 Things I Hate About You (1999) .... Patrick Verona
  18. "Home and Away" (1988) TV series .... Scott Irwin (unknown episodes, 1997)
  19. Paws (1997) .... Oberon
  20. Blackrock (1997) .... Toby Ackland
  21. "Sweat" .... Snowy Bowles (1 episode, 1996)
    - Just Good Friends (1996) TV episode .... Snowy Bowles
  22. "Ship to Shore" (1993) TV series .... Cyclist (unknown episodes)
  23. Clowning Around (1992)
copied from IMDb.

i loved 10 things, the patriot, a knights tale, monsters ball, im not there, lords of dogtown, im sure ill love TDK, and brokeback mountain was one helluva performance.

this thread is for praising this mans career. so please, no mournful posts, no flaming....just CELEBRATION!

to one helluva actor....
heath.jpg
HERE HERE!!!
beer.jpg

Have one on me Heath. You shocked me in all ways by transforming into The Joker.

You will be missed. :csad:

Always loved you in The Patriot and 10 Things I Hate About You.

oh god... this is getting ridiculous. sure, it's sad he died, regardless of whether or not it was suicide or if he had a drug problem.

but if any of you tell me you would give a crap that he was dead if he wasn't playing the joker in the new batman movie, you're lying. simple as that.

all of this fake sympathy, condolences, and "i was a fan before the dark knight" is getting on my nerves, to be honest.

he was one hell of an actor, and he'll be missed.

however i gotta wonder something. and since i dont want it to get in the way of celebrating him, ill just spoiler tag it.

i read about an interview he did regarding his problems sleeping since filming TDK. he said playing the joker affected him because the joker is so phycotic and insane that he was onyl 2 hours of sleep per night. he said that he was taking sleeping pills. sleeping pills were found in his apartment next to his bed. i think maybe he just couldnt take it anymore, so he popped abunch of sleeping pills without knowing the outcome. now sleeping pills can be very dangerous in large quantities,and its really easy to overdose on them. do you think maybe, and i dont want to upset anyone, but maybe his portrayal of the joker led to his unintensional death?

oh god... this is getting ridiculous. sure, it's sad he died, regardless of whether or not it was suicide or if he had a drug problem.

but if any of you tell me you would give a crap that he was dead if he wasn't playing the joker in the new batman movie, you're lying. simple as that.

all of this fake sympathy, condolences, and "i was a fan before the dark knight" is getting on my nerves, to be honest.

im gonna ask once and once alone, please edit that post. i was a fan before TDK, and thats just disrespectful. i agree that if people are only fans because of TDK then its messed up...but i already stated the movies i liked. i have all of the ones on DVD.

and to say fake sympathy is terrible. for those who have fake sympathy and for you saying it.

however, im trying to celebrate his career. and appreciate his films.

he was one hell of an actor, and he'll be missed.

however i gotta wonder something. and since i dont want it to get in the way of celebrating him, ill just spoiler tag it.

i read about an interview he did regarding his problems sleeping since filming TDK. he said playing the joker affected him because the joker is so phycotic and insane that he was onyl 2 hours of sleep per night. he said that he was taking sleeping pills. sleeping pills were found in his apartment next to his bed. i think maybe he just couldnt take it anymore, so he popped abunch of sleeping pills without knowing the outcome. now sleeping pills can be very dangerous in large quantities,and its really easy to overdose on them. do you think maybe, and i dont want to upset anyone, but maybe his portrayal of the joker led to his unintensional death?

talk about it in the batman forum, this is for celebrating all his works.

talk about it in the batman forum, this is for celebrating all his works.

that forum has nothing to do with Heath. and sorry but i dont really see this thread being a "hot thread". if anything people are going to want to talk about Heath, and why he died.

that forum has nothing to do with Heath. and sorry but i dont really see this thread being a "hot thread". if anything people are going to want to talk about Heath, and why he died.

have u looked in there lately?

i dont want to discuss why he died in here, i want to respect and appreciate his films ,its well deserved...

im in TDK forums as well talking about this... and why he died... check it out, ill see u there:cwink:

im gonna ask once and once alone, please edit that post. i was a fan before TDK, and thats just disrespectful. i agree that if people are only fans because of TDK then its messed up...but i already stated the movies i liked. i have all of the ones on DVD.

and to say fake sympathy is terrible. for those who have fake sympathy and for you saying it.

however, im trying to celebrate his career. and appreciate his films.

well, no. i'm not going to edit my post. sorry if that bugs you.

but really, i'd love to see all the old 'heath ledger rocks!' threads before he took up the joker role. oh, right... there are none.

not that he was a bad actor. in fact, he was pretty good. but honestly, no one here would have cared in the least were it not for the dark knight, and if his last role was brokeback mountain, there would be dead gay jokes left and right.

Regardless whether the man was playing the Joker or not.

I respect the man as an actor and having made a name for himself and possibly even more than that had he not died so young. Sure there is that extra amount of sadness that we wont see anymore of his Joker, but this isn't the only reason i feel saddened by his death. He was young and had so much potential and was a personal hero to me.

well, no. i'm not going to edit my post. sorry if that bugs you.

but really, i'd love to see all the old 'heath ledger rocks!' threads before he took up the joker role. oh, right... there are none.

not that he was a bad actor. in fact, he was pretty good. but honestly, no one here would have cared in the least were it not for the dark knight, and if his last role was brokeback mountain, there would be dead gay jokes left and right.

well, in his death, i felt more respect towards him, funny how death does that. but you should consider doing some revising. there are people who are/were fans before TDK, just because they didnt make a thread about it doesnt mean they werent..hes no Jack Nicholson or Morgan Freeman, but deserves respect.

Regardless whether the man was playing the Joker or not.

I respect the man as an actor and having made a name for himself and possibly even more than that had he not died so young. Sure there is that extra amount of sadness that we wont see anymore of his Joker, but this isn't the only reason i feel saddened by his death. He was young and had so much potential and was a personal hero to me.

why? out of curiosity.

well, in his death, i felt more respect towards him, funny how death does that. but you should consider doing some revising. there are people who are/were fans before TDK, just because they didnt make a thread about it doesnt mean they werent..hes no Jack Nicholson or Morgan Freeman, but deserves respect.

i mean no disrespect towards him... only to the people that are pretending to love him and his career just because he died and he played the joker.

where's the brad renfro love? he was a promising young talent, too. but that thread didn't make it too far at all.

why? out of curiosity.

Because I've followed him since his role in 10 Things I Hate About You. I've always thought he was a great actor and i have always just loved his screen presence.

I really wasn't the first to name Heath as the Joker for The Dark Knight. But once i saw the capabilities the man had as an actor to totally transform himself beyond recognition he became a hero to me from an aspiring Actor and Director's point of view.

i mean no disrespect towards him... only to the people that are pretending to love him and his career just because he died and he played the joker.

where's the brad renfro love? he was a promising young talent, too. but that thread didn't make it too far at all.

to be honest, i dunno if your accusing me of being a fan bc of TDK or not, and i honestly dont care. i am a fan, have been a fan, and will always be a fan. in his death, i admit, i have been more enthusiastic about showing it, and yes the Joker has a role in that, because thats one of his works...but its only ONE of his works that i have barely seen.

i think he deserves an appreciation thread. and him passing away makes it more apparent to me. sorry if it bothers you.

his role in brokeback, and im not there were terrific.

Mr Credible makes a good, if blunt point.

I thought he was cool, I wasn't a MAJOR fan at all, but I thought he was a good actor, he always seemed genuine. TDK did push his popularity further, but then thats a given.

Anyway, my all time guilty pleasure is A Knights Tale, I love that flick (although Heath wudda hated it).

Such a terrible loss. He seemed like such a fun and unique individual and an actor that was only beginning to make his mark in films. I was one of those guys right when Brokeback Mountain came out I thought it was just an overhyped artsy film just because of the subject matter. But as soon as it came out on dvd I watched it and absolutely loved it it is definitely one of my favorite films. So thank you Heath for all that you have contributed to all of us movie watchers. I can't wait for the Dark Knight even though it will be a somewhat emotional viewing. RIP Heath and thank you.

One of the most charismatic actors ever
From his charm in 10 Things i Hate About You to his quiet ,brooding way
in Brokeback Mountain his talent shined through so greatly
Thanks for entertaining me and being a part of my movie viewing experiences in this life
Your in God's hands now R.I.P Heath

Sadly, this is true for most people. Not everyone. I have to agree with that though, I really didn't care much about his acting career before TDK, but the fact that he was only 28 leaving a 2 year old daughter behind is saddening.

It's common sense that if one overdoses on SLEEPING PILLS, then it's eternal sleep they're going to get.

This sort of thing makes me respect the likes of Christian Bale even more. The guy pretty much treats his body like crap for films but wouldn't compromise his health to the extent of an overdose of drugs, even if they are prescription...

I respect Ledger as an actor because he was good and younger than I though he was. He had a lot going for him, what a shame.

I never saw Ledger as a brillaint actor, he was always on the above average side, without being something special. I always thought he would develop into a potentially great actor in his mid-late thirties though, when he had some more interesting roles under his belt. It is a shame that I'll never get to see him tap into his potential.

As a brief aside, I spent a few months with the performance teacher who tuahgt heath, so he's a little beat up at the mo :(

I loved 10 things I hate about you. Really and I liked A knights tale as well

I loved 10 things I hate about you. Really and I liked A knights tale as well

Same here. Unlike a lot of people on this and other comic forums, who can only think about him never playing Joker again after The Dark Knight, I've always respected and enjoyed him as an actor, and he seemed to be well on his way to being one of the great young actors of our generation (we don't have that many that mainstream media will pay enough attention to, anyway). At the moment, his role as the Joker doesn't even come to mind for me. One, because the movie hasn't even freakin' come out yet, and two, because I'm still not sold on the approach taken with the character.

His death is most unfortunate. I am sorry for him and I am sorry for his friends and family. May he rest in peace.

The only good thing about 10 things I hate about you was Julia Styles dancing to that biggie smalls track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"