The HGA: The Hype Golf Association!

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
Are there any golf players out there? This thread is a place for golfers of the Hype to converge and discuss golf. Share tips, discuss equipment preferences, etc.

I've recently realized that I need a hobby and have decided to take up golf. I bought a set of clubs at Dick's. They were Acquity brand, the Voltage line. I know they aren't a major brand or anything but they were a 300 dollar set marked down $99, so I figured what the hell? They'd be good for me to learn the game with and then as I get more serious I can start purchasing by the club and build my own set.

So, do you guys have any tips for a beginner?

Are there any golf players out there? This thread is a place for golfers of the Hype to converge and discuss golf. Share tips, discuss equipment preferences, etc.

I've recently realized that I need a hobby and have decided to take up golf. I bought a set of clubs at Dick's. They were Acquity brand, the Voltage line. I know they aren't a major brand or anything but they were a 300 dollar set marked down $99, so I figured what the hell? They'd be good for me to learn the game with and then as I get more serious I can start purchasing by the club and build my own set.

So, do you guys have any tips for a beginner?
Tiger Woods is good. That's about all that I know about Golf..... :csad:

Acquity actually isn't that bad a brand. It's Dick's own brand. Not sure on the voltage line but Acuity isn't bad, my father has a set he won at a raffle and loves em. They have the hybrid 3, 4 and I believe 5 iron.

I've been wanting to upgrade from my Callaway X-12's for 2 years. Not sure if it's in the cards this season.

If you have a golfers warehouse or a huge discount golf outlet see if they have the demo clubs from last year on sale. You can find some great deals. That's how I got my Mizuno Driver and a Callaway x-20 3 wood for like $90.

As far as tips. Go get a lesson. Find a range that has a pro or see if a local course offers lessons. And any chance you can swing the clubs. Get practice balls and hit em. Helps with the tempo of your swing and they do give you a good sense if you are slicing or hooking the ball.

I love playin golf as much as possible...Ive tried all the new stuff at driver but I always come back to the Cleveland HiBore XL...do yall have a favorite club that you just know was made specifically for you?
You can learn golf without lessons...but the key is to always start off not killing the ball...come in it slow...straight swing...dont break your wrist trying to swing or else youll be looking in the weeds for the ball...
So nice to see a thread like this :)

Tiger is making his move, can Rory hold on?

maybe....Rory would just need to play scratch golf and plant a birdie or 3 to stay ahead

damn....Rory just tripled bogeyed on 10 and Angel Cabrera, Adam Scott and some others are -10

Freaking hell this is nail biting,I'm rooting for charl.

Somewhere Greg Norman is smiling and thanking Rory for taking the crown from him. The Master Choke crown that is...

As is the case every year, some golfer nobody's ever heard of will win a Major. It looks like it will be the Masters.

Somewhere Greg Norman is smiling and thanking Rory for taking the crown from him. The Master Choke crown that is...

I don't think so...Rory is just starting out, Norman pulled that choke job when he was already over the hill

I don't think so...Rory is just starting out, Norman pulled that choke job when he was already over the hill

Yeah you're right. He's only 21, he will have lot's of other chances and this will only make him better, help him gain experience.

Oh dear Adam

I see that "Who's That?" is tied with "That Guy" for the lead.

Adam Scott is a name, not a big name, but fans know who he is

Adam Scott is a name, not a big name, but fans know who he is

He's won a Major before hasn't he? Because I think I've heard of that name (and no not the actor who's on Parks and Recreation) in golf before.

Well Rory fluffed it up nicely

Seems like it's gonna be between Scott and Schwartzel

That's it charl.

Woo congrats Charl you did south africa proud.

Hopefully this Charl guy is not a one hit wonder and this is the first of many Major wins, although history is not kind to guys who have come out of nowhere to win his first Major and then never to win one again.

Nice to see a guy who looks and acts like a human being get a major golf win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"