The Hip Hop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys are interested in knowing, Lupe Fiasco's Lasers has finally got a release date March 11th. Atlantic(his label) has finally had an agreement with them about releasing the album. Its rumored that the official first single will be released later this month from his website.

I never thought that it would work,but thank god it did.I will be waiting.
On another note I just brought ONYX-The Cold Case Files.Lately I have been obsessed with them.

I've been playing lots of Die Antwoord

534px-Watkin_Tudor_Jones.jpg

guys just a quick memo

if you're going to link a song or youtube video, make sure the musical content adheres to the hypes

aka check the language :)

If you guys are interested in knowing, Lupe Fiasco's Lasers has finally got a release date March 11th. Atlantic(his label) has finally had an agreement with them about releasing the album. Its rumored that the official first single will be released later this month from his website.
Thank god.I've been waiting for that album forever.

Is anyone here watching the BET Hip Hop Awards?If not your not missing much.

That is so damn far off it could easily be pushed back again. Lupe said the album was finished ages ago.

They have a single release date of October, so why wait another quarter for the release? Five bucks says he gave in and threw together a few radio jams.

Also, Donald Glover's Culdesac is straight up awesome.

I personally can't wait until Kanye West's and Kid Cudi's albums drop. Also, Lloyd Banks. I don't know if anyone has been keeping up with Friday's. But Kanye and Banks drop songs every Friday. Dope so far.

Im in the minority but I havent really been digging GOOD Fridays or Blue Fridays

Beamer, Benz, or Bentley>>>>>>>Blue Fridays
Power>>>>>>>> GOOD Friday

I am waiting for their 2 albums to drop along with Cudi's though

Power over the GOOD Fridays?! Hell no! You have songs like So Appalled and Christian Dior Denim Flow. Those over Power any day!

Sucks that they banned Kanye's album over art. I don't see why.

just googled it. the art is ugly but kanye sure knows how to get in the headlines doesn't he

The artwork for Kanye's album is extremely ugly, but he recently confirmed that there will be five different covers. Can't wait for his album, as well as Kid Cudi's. November will be a good month.

Power over the GOOD Fridays?! Hell no! You have songs like So Appalled and Christian Dior Denim Flow. Those over Power any day!

Sucks that they banned Kanye's album over art. I don't see why.
Nah man POwer is awesome. I didnt dig Chistian Dior Denim Flow. So Appalled was good, but Power is still my sh**

And are you really surprised that Kanye's album art got banned? Yeah I know theyve had nudity on album art before, but I see exactly why it was banned

But seriously it's ugly, not the nudity bit, but the art in general. It was kind of stupid too.

Nah man POwer is awesome. I didnt dig Chistian Dior Denim Flow. So Appalled was good, but Power is still my sh**

And are you really surprised that Kanye's album art got banned? Yeah I know theyve had nudity on album art before, but I see exactly why it was banned

But seriously it's ugly, not the nudity bit, but the art in general. It was kind of stupid too.

HAHA! I listen to Christian Dior Denim Flow, at least 5 times a day. Just a good mood song for me.

I liked the art, for some reason. Must have been the red. Oh well, we're getting five album covers.

The Power video was too brilliant for words.

HAHA! I listen to Christian Dior Denim Flow, at least 5 times a day. Just a good mood song for me.

I liked the art, for some reason. Must have been the red. Oh well, we're getting five album covers.

Listen to that almost everyday I go to work along with almost every other G.O.O.D Friday release. Just throwing it out there but, Lloyd Banks should really consider leaving G-Unit and going to a much better label which is GOOD Music.

Ye/MTV have released the "Runaway" video and its simply amazing. Ye is really outdoing himself and shows real directorial talent. To some it might seem like he is just being artsy but the video is actually filled with somewhat cryptic symbolism.

Runaway film

[YT]O7W0DMAx8FY[/YT]

Last edited:
Just checked it out and the little acting there was did take me out of the film a bit, but the overall production values of this video is to be applauded. The entire ending sequence is simply beautiful. From the musical intro, to the crescendo leading to the powerful musical climax and imagery. Just awe-inspiring coming from a rapper. If it weren't evident before, now it's at least safe to say that Kanye is the savior of Hip-Hop in mainstream culture. The presence he brings to the credibility of rap as an art form, is unprecedented.

Many rappers before him have brought the poetry, but almost all of them have lacked the artistic, visual acuity to bring it above a genre with meaningful prose. This video is chock full of symbolism and social commentary. Some are more overt and amateur in execution, but his heart in the subject matter shines brightly. I don't normally buy CDs anymore, but Kanye has my money from the efforts he's put forth the past few months.

Last edited:
Anyone else got into Willow's song "Whip My Hair" ?

The artwork for Kanye's album is extremely ugly, but he recently confirmed that there will be five different covers. Can't wait for his album, as well as Kid Cudi's. November will be a good month.
wow...that cover is so hideous! haha
kid cudis cover for mr.rager looks amazing on the other hand...more excited about cudis but im gettin both as soon as they are out...my 2 favs right around the same time? heck yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"