Venom The "How Will Venom Relate to Spidey without the MCU?" thread!

JOE

Reaction score
I don't see how they are going to have Venom without Peter Parker/Spider-Man... On the other hand, I don't see how they'll incorporate Peter/Spidey without confusing the GA with the MCU version.

SONY, you must have a few cards up your sleeve... Or you're going to destroy everything the MCU has done for Spider-Man in the past few years.

What do you fine hypesters think?

I think they're not going to assign a year to this movie and they will reference Spider-Man briefly whenever Brock explains how he got the symbiote and will keep the timeline and exact origin as vague as possible. I think both Sony and Marvel are going to wait and see if this is successful and for further negotiations for Spidey in the MCU post-Homecoming 2 before any of these Spider-Verse films are considered MCU canon. I am thinking Sony is going to try to get Marvel to recognize them in the MCU as part of keeping Spidey in the MCU post Homecoming. But, even if these Spider-Verse films end up in the MCU at some point, I see them being like the Netflix shows or AoS. They will be MCU, but won't effect the main MCU films in any recognizable way.

Do they really need Spider-Man? Venom vs Carnage and it sounds like the symbiote will be in a lab

If they don't have Venom connected to Spiser-man and he doesn't have the spider symbol and powers then this movie is dead to me.

I can live with Spider-Fan's scenario though. If they make vague references to his past and he has the look and powers right (and Carnage is spot on too) then I'd be on board. Even if there were no references to his past or how he got the suit, but still had the powers and spider symbol then I'd be ok as they could always add that in a sequel if Marvel are willing to incorporate a successful Venom movie into the mcu or at least acknowledge Spider-man.

In short Spider-man need not be present, but the connection needs to be. Even if it isn't overtly referenced outside of Venom's look and powers.

I still think this film in general is a really bad idea, I don't like the concept of it at all either.

In some ways it reminds me a lot of Superman Returns with the way it was depicted, it was being classed as a sequel but not really a sequel to Superman II. In the same sense this Venom movie is being classed as part of the MCU but not really, which is just.. Ugh to say the least.

Basically if this film is good, it's going to be welcomed into the MCU's Spiderman's world with open arms, but if it's bad, the MCU will essentially wash their hands of it.

I think SONY pitched Venom to Disney in terms of the Spider-Man Homecoming sequel and they rejected the idea. SONY probably wanted their upcoming Infinity War movies to set that up and I think the Russos have enough going on already.

So SONY decides to do it on their own, just like they did with the Amazing Spider-Man franchise. And just like the Amazing Spider-Man franchise, they will fail until they realize that Venom belongs in the MCU.

Venom has no place in the mcu. He's not a character that can be properly done in a pg 13 envoiroment.

Huh? Yes he can. You must be talking about carnage. Venom has been in countless cartoons and children media. Spectacular did him great and that was a cartoon.

Huh? Yes he can. You must be talking about carnage. Venom has been in countless cartoons and children media. Spectacular did him great and that was a cartoon.

I second this. If they follow those basics, they could have a box office juggernaut on their hands. Look what SM3 did at the box office with a bad movie.

The whole "______ wouldn't work in a PG environment" argument is silly. BOTH Venom AND Carnage (also Deadpool, FYI) were created and debuted in PG-13 comics. Heck, Venom and Carnage have only ever been in PG-13 materials, at worst! Also, same for the Joker, if you want to go that route.

There is no reason it wouldn't work in a film, also.

And yes, Spectacular Spider-man NAILED Venom, as did the 90's Animated Series.

And yes, Spectacular Spider-man NAILED Venom, as did the 90's Animated Series.

If they made a movie that even SLIGHTLY resembled either of those, I'd be gushing happiness.

It shouldn't have to and I for one don't want it to. MCU would ruin Venom and make just another Whiplash or Malekith out of him.

I'd rather Spidey go back to Sony. They actually did better with him than the MCU did.

It shouldn't have to and I for one don't want it to. MCU would ruin Venom and make just another Whiplash or Malekith out of him.

I'd rather Spidey go back to Sony. They actually did better with him than the MCU did.

Yeah, no. Both TASM were complete and utter garbage. Homecoming was MILES better than that trash.

I think the Total the opposite.

I'm also someone who absolutely hated the Raimi films until I saw Homecoming. Homecoming made me appreciate The Raimi flicks which is something I never thought would happen.
Homecoming wasn't even a Spider Man flick to me. It was the worst film of 2017 that I've seen.

LaughterLives is talking about Spider-Man Homecoming like its Josh Trank's Fantastic Four.

hahaha! Naw. F4 at least had style and was something refreshing. Homecoming was devoid of style and gave us the dumbest version of the character, yet. It was like watching a tv movie. The unauthorized story of Saved by the Bell but with an annoyingly obsessive wannabe superhero.

Well...everyone is entitled to their opinion, certainly.

Nah son . Fantastic 4 was worse then homecoming. The two aren’t comparable

Okay guys, enough. Stop with snide comments/childish remarks and please share thoughts with some actual discourse and points.

Hopefully it's not an origin movie, that way you could easily make it without referencing Spider-Man or the MCU.

If it's a Spider-Man less universe that this inhabits then we can pretty much assume how that will go down since there was already a movie Sony made that they'll obviously be reusing the vfx from. If Spider-Man is in it, it's going the Into the Spider-verse route.

My guess is this whole thing is an Avi Arad thing. From what I've been able to gather over the years he's just got a thing for that character.

Pascal re-did Spider-man with Fiege and now Arad wants to be able to say "Look we don't need them. See what we did here?" to prove a point at the studio. He's pushing what he thinks the fans want but he's not willing to lay the groundwork first, and thinks you can just make it happen.

I still think they're going to involve Venom with the MCU. The fact that Infinity War happens before this movie comes out and the Homecoming sequel is slated for the year after is too much of a coincidence. Someone made a video on YouTube showing how there were a good amount of people working on the Venom movie that have done tons of work for the MCU, not just Homecoming. Plus Pascal's "slip" up might have not been a slip up totally, just in timing.

By going along with this solo and not including it they're forfeiting Spidey's opportunity to go toe to toe with arguably one of his most popular and marketable foes. Look at the money SM3 brought in back in the day.

A perfect post credit scene for IW with the symbiotie making its way to earth.

I still think this quite is possible, but people have been hammering Sony over this project. At some point wouldn't they want us to know it is official to gather more interest? Then again, it is an October release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"