Sequels The Venom Symbiote - How will we meet it? Who will host it?

Shoppy

Civilian
Reaction score
With a release date of October 2018 and only one Spider-man movie before that, I'm thinking that we may get a set-up in INFINITY WAR with Peter Parker briefly hosting the symbiote before we follow the story of the symbiote itself...

With a bit of luck we'll get Eddie Brock/Venom taking on Cletus Cassady/Carnage, with hints towards the future appearance of Toxin, Hybrid, and Scream.

Eventually I'd like to see Brock become "Anti-Venom" and Flash Thompson become "Agent Venom".

:)

In all honesty, I think The Venom Movie is an extension of the MCU. Its a spinoff but it branches out from the MCU origin of the symbiote, and so we will see the Symbiote possibly within Infinty War in a stasis container after the first loss in battle against Thanos. Peter finds it and it attaches to him that way, or its in The Collector's Collection

we'll see. I'd just as soon see this completely divorced from Peter Parker rather than to give him some perfunctory cameo.

Anyone but Brock would be a disappointment. And I hate the idea of a non alien symbiote

Spidey better merge with the symbiote in Infinity War, and then he could reappear in Venom to detail Eddie's origin

This can work if they work with Marvel

this might seem weird...
but, I keep seeing trailers for that new "LIFE" movie (with Ryan Reynolds and Jake Gyllenhaal) and can't help but think, that could be the Symbiote origin

[YT]F2X8hnLXjKw[/YT]

this might seem weird...
but, I keep seeing trailers for that new "LIFE" movie (with Ryan Reynolds and Jake Gyllenhaal) and can't help but think, that could be the Symbiote origin

[YT]F2X8hnLXjKw[/YT]

While it's been 'debunked', the creators of the film aren't ruling out the theory. There's a part of me that really wants it to be true.

I think the symbiote set up would be perfect in the sequel to Homecoming if they do do a sequel then it would be perfect

There's this character named Lee Price that bonds with the symbiote and his origin story could work without the inclusion of Spidey if they were to go this way with the film. He has a pretty cool origin as well so I thought it would work if they went in this direction, I'll link it here --->http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Lee_Price_(Earth-616) Also Lee Price's venom has ties with Black Cat which could possibly connect the Venom movie with the upcoming Silver Sable/Black Cat movie.

While it's been 'debunked', the creators of the film aren't ruling out the theory. There's a part of me that really wants it to be true.
I didn't mean to say I actually thought the movie was related, just saying a similar concept could have been used

at the very least footage from that would make for scenes in a fan-made trailer

I feel like Spider-Man needs to be the antagonist for the first film.

When you look at the character of Venom and who he is, he's somebody who has legitimate grievances with Peter Parker. There's also the fact that the core themes of Venom are ultimately guilt, forgiveness and redemption. Eddie needs Peter since forgiving him and showing him mercy is his entire reason for becoming a superhero. And that ties heavily into Brock's Catholic faith which is a core theme of the character.

Point being, Venom without Spider-Man isn't Venom. It's a black goopy superhero with a long tongue.

But Venom either way you look at it he's a bad guy he is a villain

It's great news if you just want to see Venom on the big screen but we'll need the black costume in Infinity War and we will need Venom to be in the MCU for me to be excited.

Let's put it this way. Can you do a Thunderbolts movie without establishing Captain America beforehand? No, because without Steve Rogers, Helmut Zemo has no redemption arc. Can you do a Magneto movie without the X-Men? No, because you can't have Erik without Charles. Venom is a comic book anti-hero redemption story. You need Peter Parker and you need the two of them to fight each other for the first film.

It's great news if you just want to see Venom on the big screen but we'll need the black costume in Infinity War and we will need Venom to be in the MCU for me to be excited.

That's not happening so, you're outta luck there dude. If Arad wasn't attached, that probably would work.

Venom is a comic book anti-hero redemption story. You need Peter Parker and you need the two of them to fight each other for the first film.

Correct, and we will most likely have Peter -- just not Holland's. Alternatively, you don't need a Spider-Man if the plan is for Flash Thompson or Lee Price or an OC. All depends on what they're going for but I highly doubt we're getting a Venom film in the vein of Catwoman. A Venom film without Spidey bombs. Just because there's already another Spider-Man on the big screen does not mean we can't have another Peter Parker on the big screen.

Just the fact that this *hypothetical* new Peter Parker is associated with that producer who I refuse to name will guarantee he becomes the most hated Parker in history...He'll make Garfield's (mixed) reception as Pete seem like he was what Sean Connery is to Bond fans. I pity the fool.

A sci-fi horror take on Venom might actually not need Spider-Man's involvement if it's done more in the vein of that Daniel Way series.

What is with Avi Arad's hard on for Venom? He forced him into Spider-Man 3 and has been pushing for him to have his own solo movie for years.

Get over it.

I'm not feeling Venom as any kind of "hero" so I hope that this is done being mindful not to put him in the same ethical status as Spidey.

If it's not Eddie, and if his origin isn't tied to Spider-Man, then I'm not down for this at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"