The Hype TV Club

Aw, I don't wanna do something you just did.

What about The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? Good show, GREAT lead actress (who may or may not be the new Lois Lane soon...) final season finishes in a couple weeks, I believe. I was gonna wait 'til all the episodes were out to binge it anyway.
Yes please. I'm doing the show from the start soon. So I can fall in love and cry all over again.

I've changed my mind.
You can't fool me. July is your #1 month. Look, they're basically Lois and Clark!

3AlkrS.gif

Barbie = :barf:

Either way I'm willing to participate in a Mission top 5 episodes no matter what we pick. :)

Aw, I don't wanna do something you just did.

What about The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? Good show, GREAT lead actress (who may or may not be the new Lois Lane soon...) final season finishes in a couple weeks, I believe. I was gonna wait 'til all the episodes were out to binge it anyway.
I know nothing about this show so I'm game, but again it's 5 seasons. No way will I finish it during the month, but I'm willing to at least start it. :)

I know nothing about this show so I'm game, but again it's 5 seasons. No way will I finish it during the month, but I'm willing to at least start it. :)
It's not a highly plot-driven show, so it really is just one of those you can get around to finishing whenever lol.

Ok yeah, looks like I'll be launching the Movie Club soon, so I'll save Mission: Impossible for that. I'm back on the Mrs. Maisel train!
Movie Club? Yes! That would be much more realistic for me to keep up with.

I'd be up for doing the first season of Mrs Maisel. Not likely to be doing 5 seasons of anything anytime soon.

Watched the first episode of Mrs. Maisel (starting early). Not used to watching a show where no one was murdered but it was very enjoyable and witty. :)

I've come to the conclusion that Pluto sucks. I watched what I thought was the Mission Impossible pilot, but the beginning was chopped off. None of the "this mission should you choose to accept it" stuff. Turns out that Pluto doesn't host episodes quite like a regular host, it has channels. It had dumped me into the Mission Impossible channel and because I started it at ten past the hour, it chopped off those ten minutes of whatever episode that channel was already playing. Pain in the butt. Turns out they don't have the full run of seasons anyhow, that's Paramount + which I don't have. So, sorry DK. I won't be watching any Mission Impossible eps, even if you make a list. Or any other show Pluto has because it's just a pain. :(

I've come to the conclusion that Pluto sucks. I watched what I thought was the Mission Impossible pilot, but the beginning was chopped off. None of the "this mission should you choose to accept it" stuff. Turns out that Pluto doesn't host episodes quite like a regular host, it has channels. It had dumped me into the Mission Impossible channel and because I started it at ten past the hour, it chopped off those ten minutes of whatever episode that channel was already playing. Pain in the butt. Turns out they don't have the full run of seasons anyhow, that's Paramount + which I don't have. So, sorry DK. I won't be watching any Mission Impossible eps, even if you make a list. Or any other show Pluto has because it's just a pain. :(
They do BOTH live channels and on-demand, squeeks. :funny: I just checked and they do have M:I on-demand, but you're correct that they don't have all of it, only seasons 4-7.

They do BOTH live channels and on-demand, squeeks. :funny: I just checked and they do have M:I on-demand, but you're correct that they don't have all of it, only seasons 4-7.
Freevee was better. With X-Files I hit play and it took me right to season one, pilot, no fuss no muss. A much better widget. :)

Freevee was better. With X-Files I hit play and it took me right to season one, pilot, no fuss no muss. A much better widget. :)
But unless it's changed, Freevee doesn't replicate the live TV experience for people who no longer want to pay for anything, which was what Pluto TV was mainly created for. A lot of people not into the streaming model just like to turn the TV on and see what's on. That's why Pluto was created - free channels beyond just broadcast channels. The on-demand stuff came later.

But unless it's changed, Freevee doesn't replicate the live TV experience for people who no longer want to pay for anything, which was what Pluto TV was mainly created for. A lot of people not into the streaming model just like to turn the TV on and see what's on. That's why Pluto was created - free channels beyond just broadcast channels. The on-demand stuff came later.
Yeah, that's not me. I'm a direct watcher, either on demanding or watching off my DVR.

On Superman and Lois. Did a few episodes from past seasons I've enjoyed, but mostly just keeping up with the current season. It amazes me how good the show has become. It went from rather good, to pretty flippin' awesome. An all time Clark and Lois doesn't hurt.

RE: Superman & Lois -

It's interesting because I've loved each season in totally different ways. I loved S1 for its pure superhero-y goodness done right. The characterizations, family dynamic and great Superman action. Even if the villain plot was kind of basic CW fare, and the sons got annoying at times. Especially Jordan. The pilot and episode 11 are all-time fave Superman content for me.

S2 I actually found the villain plot more interesting and dynamic than S1's, and it had me totally geeking out over it on several occasions. They actually gave us square Bizarroworld in live-action!!!! Also, it made me love S1's villain more than S1 did when he was the villain. :funny: And that season totally turned me around on Jordan. It did get bogged down in its own plot mechanics by the end, and the Cushing family drama got to be too much, but that finale certainly delivered the epicness.

S3 is just knocking it out of the park with its very, VERY human story. I'm not even used to seeing such a human story on a superhero show. And it's doing it in such a mature way! It just feels....very personal, and that's wonderful. Even if I do find myself missing some of that superhero action on occasion, this is easily the strongest to date and one of the strongest seasons of superhero TV I've seen.

Each season has a Top 5 episode of the series for me. It's surprising a CW show has maintained that kind of quality 3 seasons in lol.

RE: Superman & Lois -

It's interesting because I've loved each season in totally different ways. I loved S1 for its pure superhero-y goodness done right. The characterizations, family dynamic and great Superman action. Even if the villain plot was kind of basic CW fare, and the sons got annoying at times. Especially Jordan. The pilot and episode 11 are all-time fave Superman content for me.

S2 I actually found the villain plot more interesting and dynamic than S1's, and it had me totally geeking out over it on several occasions. They actually gave us square Bizarroworld in live-action!!!! Also, it made me love S1's villain more than S1 did when he was the villain. :funny: And that season totally turned me around on Jordan. It did get bogged down in its own plot mechanics by the end, and the Cushing family drama got to be too much, but that finale certainly delivered the epicness.

S3 is just knocking it out of the park with its very, VERY human story. I'm not even used to seeing such a human story on a superhero show. And it's doing it in such a mature way! It just feels....very personal, and that's wonderful. Even if I do find myself missing some of that superhero action on occasion, this is easily the strongest to date and one of the strongest seasons of superhero TV I've seen.

Each season has a Top 5 episode of the series for me. It's surprising a CW show has maintained that kind of quality 3 seasons in lol.
Let's hope all the enthusiasm brings us a season 4. :D.

Hype TV Club June 2023.png
Any Hype members are welcome to join us in our viewing of these shows. We will be using this thread to discuss our shows.

The only rules are

• Last week of the month we will nominate and vote for a new show.
  • Only shows with a unanimous vote will be selected.
  • Only the first season is required for the monthly viewing. If a show has multiple seasons.
  • Each show should have a minimum of 8 episodes per season, if not, we will watch S1&2.
  • ALL spoilers must be tagged as such, as none of us have seen these shows before aka don't be a jerk.
  • Any posts not following the spoiler rule will be subject to deletion.

In this thread, we will be talking about our viewing experiences with the show. You all are welcome to join, so we'll talk about what we like and/or dislike about the show we're watching.

So let's watch some Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!

What is Marvelous Mrs. Maisel?
After her husband leaves her, young mother of two Miriam "Midge" Maisel discovers that she has a talent for stand-up comedy. Could this be her calling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"