The ice cream man/truck

Immortalfire

The Vectorman
Staff member
Reaction score
You know, the dude drives around in the truck, happy music blasting for all to hear, he stops and you can get Drumsticks, Choco Tacos, ice cream sandwiches, Strawberry Shortcake bars and such.

But I realized I have not once seen a real life ice cream truck. Ever. :eek:

Do they even still operate? Just one of those things I've often seen people reminisce over, and they get mentioned on TV reruns at times. Is there an ice cream man in your area? Any memories of getting your favorite cold treat on a burning summer day?

You know, the dude drives around in the truck, happy music blasting for all to hear, he stops and you can get Drumsticks, Choco Tacos, ice cream sandwiches, Strawberry Shortcake bars and such.

Do they even still operate? Just one of those things I've often seen people reminisce over, and they get mentioned on TV reruns at times. Is there an ice cream man in your area? Any memories of getting your favorite cold treat on a burning summer day?

I see them from time to time it's cheaper to go the store than getting from the ice cream truck:o

I saw one back around 2003-2004-ish. Seems like the last time I saw one was in the early 90's. I got those ice-cream sticks with the crumbly strawberry coating.

I see them from time to time it's cheaper to go the store than getting from the ice cream truck:o

Yeah anytime I want a Choco Taco or whatever, I gotta drive all the way to the store.

How is that even possible?! I can't imagine a childhood without ice cream trucks. :csad:

They still operate heavily in my area. I see them ALL THE TIME!

I've seen them throughout my entire life, I had some several times when I was a kid in New York and I see them running around here In Texas. Hell last month, I kid you not, I saw 2 Ice Cream trucks running around within a couple miles apart from each other at...get this, 8:30 at night. :wow:

Hot dog Kane, when I'm vacationing in TX next month, I'm going to be on the lookout.

I see them a lot when go to the urban areas of New Orleans.

I saw an ice cream truck on my street just last week. I've been seeing them my whole life. I also see the occasional ice cream cart being pushed down busy streets.

I've seen them a lot my whole life too. In my old neighborhood there used to always be this ice cream man, but he was an ******* about it. If you stopped him he'd be rushing your ass like he had somewhere to be.

I've seen them a lot my whole life too. In my old neighborhood there used to always be this ice cream man, but he was an ******* about it. If you stopped him he'd be rushing your ass like he had somewhere to be.

Did he look like this?

vlcsnap1873172.png

"LET'S FLIP THE TRUCK!!"
-Helga

There's at least three or for that run regularly in my town. But then I live in a city of about a half million people.

I've never seen an ice cream truck. In all seriousness, I kind of thought they were more mythical than anything else. :csad:

My neighbor is an ice cream truck driver. He has the truck parked in his driveway. I've been tempted on many occasions to steal it.

You know what I've never seen? A milkman.

They're getting rarer because people are getting whinier. Noise pollution my ass.

You probably have me on ignore (either officially or unofficially), but yes, we still have an ice cream truck that comes through our neighborhood.

I thought this thread was about Doug Jones, dammit.

Same here. I think the milkman is a myth.
That's exactly what HE wants you to think!

however, RE: Icecream truck, there's one that comes regularly next to where I work. Which is weird since it comes around 12 noon and there are no schools in the area to the best of my knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"