The Idol (HBO) - The Weeknd Co-Creates, Stars

They released a music video that has a lot of footage that was cut out of the show.

nobody-saw-that-coming-clyde-donovan.gif

Big fan of The Weeknd so I wish it worked out. But damn what a misfire this was. I couldn't even get past 2 episodes. And the clips I saw...yeesh.

I know he did that cameo in Uncut Gems, but he should've started smaller. Did a few other roles. Say what you want about Harry Styles trying to crossover but he didn't do the most like Weeknd tried to with The Idol. I wonder how Frank Ocean's project is gonna turn out

HBO must be very glad that TLOU was a hit because Winning Time and The Idol don't seem to be hitting like they want them to

I mean technically it's canceled but I don't see how they could even make another season. It deliberately felt like a limited series especially with how it ended.

Big fan of The Weeknd so I wish it worked out. But damn what a misfire this was. I couldn't even get past 2 episodes. And the clips I saw...yeesh.

I know he did that cameo in Uncut Gems, but he should've started smaller. Did a few other roles. Say what you want about Harry Styles trying to crossover but he didn't do the most like Weeknd tried to with The Idol. I wonder how Frank Ocean's project is gonna turn out

HBO must be very glad that TLOU was a hit because Winning Time and The Idol don't seem to be hitting like they want them to

Well, Winning Time at least did well enough to at least get a second season, and I do hope it also gets a third because I very much enjoy it. But with Succession and Barry done, as far as recent shows go, HBO may lean heavily on The Last of Us and House of the Dragon.

Well, Winning Time at least did well enough to at least get a second season, and I do hope it also gets a third because I very much enjoy it. But with Succession and Barry done, as far as recent shows go, HBO may lean heavily on The Last of Us and House of the Dragon.
Word on the street is that it's suffering in ratings.

HBO stays with a hit though. So I'm sure they're not worried. They still also have Euphoria (whenever that comes back) and White Lotus which are massive hits

I mean technically it's canceled but I don't see how they could even make another season. It deliberately felt like a limited series especially with how it ended.
Probably could've gone the anthology route or just try and force a continuation it like Big Little Lies

But it's moot now

Word on the street is that it's suffering in ratings.

HBO stays with a hit though. So I'm sure they're not worried. They still also have Euphoria (whenever that comes back) and White Lotus which are massive hits
I believe it. No one is talking about it and it's been airing for almost a month. I feel like I'm the only person watching it. That said, I think HBO will stick with it because it's produced by Adam McKay.

I believe it. No one is talking about it and it's been airing for almost a month. I feel like I'm the only person watching it. That said, I think HBO will stick with it because it's produced by Adam McKay.
OT: I like s2 more than s1 but the pacing for both seasons is bad and none of the characters are likable. And s1 was waaaaay too cartoonish and too many characters are one-note. I think those things turned people off

Aesthetically it's great and they have some great performers. But the writing is dog water

The writer of the book which the show is based on was on Twitter asking people to tell their friendsa bout the show because it's suffering

Last edited:
OT: I like s2 more than s1 but the pacing for both seasons is bad and none of the characters are likable. And s1 was waaaaay too cartoonish and too many characters are one-note.

Aesthetically it's great and they have some great performers. But the writing is dog water

The writer of the book which the show is based on was on Twitter asking people to tell their friendsa bout the show because it's suffering
Yeah I like the way it's shot and the actors are doing great but I agree about the writing. I looked up the author begging people to watch and...yikes. Maybe it really isn't all that safe after all. It'd be a shame if they cut the legs out before it even gets to the mid-'80s.

Yeah I like the way it's shot and the actors are doing great but I agree about the writing. I looked up the author begging people to watch and...yikes. Maybe it really isn't all that safe after all. It'd be a shame if they cut the legs out before it even gets to the mid-'80s.
Yeah I think once it didn't much award love, HBO lost faith in it.
Meh ratings, not really being discussed much, and not getting award love? On top of that the show looks really expensive. At least relatively... Yeah I can see HBO putting it out to pasture

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"