The Illuminati thread [spoilers]

Most announced films don’t look like they are using the multiverse so hopefully those breaks from it will stop it becoming overdone. Like the Infinity Stones and Thanos, the multiverse can just be there and be occasionally used/referenced until they do a big crossover event for it.

Yes, but the MCU content quantity has ballooned. We got 5 movies in Phase 1 and that was it. 2021 alone we had 4 movies and 4 shows. Phases are gonna feel like an eternity now and stories I feel are gonna have to conclude quicker to keep up.

i like Hickman's run on FF4, but seeing how they butcher other stories and characters I am afraid this will happen to that run as well.

Were those big lady sculptures in the Illuminati building anyone important or a nod to the comics?

The Illuminati were just another short-term gimmick for this movie.

I'm surprised an alt-universe Tony Stark wasn't there. Wasn't Tom Cruise supposed to play the part?

I'm surprised an alt-universe Tony Stark wasn't there. Wasn't Tom Cruise supposed to play the part?
No just fan rumors.

All of the alternate characters were someone we met and if someone made the Ultron bots it probably was not Tony Stark.

Captain Marvel was not Carol Danvers but Maria Rambeau
Captain America was not a Steve Rodgers but Peggy Carter
Same Black Bolt from the show
Stephen Stranges were all Cumberbatch

If Stark was to appear it would have been RDJ, not Tom Cruise. If Hammer became the tech guy it would have been Rockwell portraying him. Cruise would have been some new character and over the top fan service for rumors.

I am guessing either it was a false rumor, or they couldn't come to a deal with him.

No just fan rumors.

All of the alternate characters were someone we met and if someone made the Ultron bots it probably was not Tony Stark.

Captain Marvel was not Carol Danvers but Maria Rambeau
Captain America was not a Steve Rodgers but Peggy Carter
Same Black Bolt from the show
Stephen Stranges were all Cumberbatch

If Stark was to appear it would have been RDJ, not Tom Cruise. If Hammer became the tech guy it would have been Rockwell portraying him. Cruise would have been some new character and over the top fan service for rumors.
It didn't have to be RDJ. That's why the Tom Cruise/Superior Iron Man casting works. 616 Xavier won't be Patrick Stewart. 616 Black Bolt probably won't be Anson Mount.

My guess is we'll see Cruise in Secret Wars. Those Ultron droids were fashioned after Superior Iron Man. He just wasn't at that Illuminati compound. Glad they're saving him for an event where he won't get killed.

It didn't have to be RDJ. That's why the Tom Cruise/Superior Iron Man casting works. 616 Xavier won't be Patrick Stewart. 616 Black Bolt probably won't be Anson Mount.

My guess is we'll see Cruise in Secret Wars. Those Ultron droids were fashioned after Superior Iron Man. He just wasn't at that Illuminati compound. Glad they're saving him for an event where he won't get killed.
Mount was Black Bolt in the Inhuman show which is suppose to be 616 because Inhumans was suppose to be a movie but switched to a show like Agents of Shield which we know was 616.

Stewart is 81yrs old so yes he won't be the 616 Xavier it was pure fan service for him.

You know, it just occured to me. Now that we've seen Pepper with her own Iron Man suit, Peggy as a super soldier, and soon Jane with the powers of Thor, that leaves Betty as the only phase 1 love interest that we haven't yet seen with her respective hero's abilities.

Wonder if they'll ever complete the set...

Red_She-Hulk_58.jpg

Mount was Black Bolt in the Inhuman show which is suppose to be 616 because Inhumans was suppose to be a movie but switched to a show like Agents of Shield which we know was 616.

Stewart is 81yrs old so yes he won't be the 616 Xavier it was pure fan service for him.
AOS is no longer 616. So Mount was 838 Black Bolt and Black Bolt in whatever universe designation AOS & Inhumans are given.

The Illuminati were just another short-term gimmick for this movie.
I was looking forward to this so much, but in the end I just left thinking what a waste that was. Can't decide who it was more disrespectful to; the actors or the characters. No way Cruise would of signed up for that rightly or wrongly.

And I say that as a big Wanda fan in the MCU.

I was looking forward to this so much, but in the end I just left thinking what a waste that was. Can't decide who it was more disrespectful to; the actors or the characters. No way Cruise would of signed up for that rightly or wrongly.

And I say that as a big Wanda fan in the MCU.
There was nothing disrespectful about it really. Quite the opposite. The Illuminati defeated Thanos. They simply underestimated the Scarlet Witch.

I feel like the people who were bothered by what happened to the Illuminati missed the point entirely. It doesn't matter what universe we're talking about, The Avengers can either see Wanda for what she is which is an EXTREMELY dangerous supervillain, or they can foolishly see her as a troubled young woman who just wants her kids back.

The Illuminati paid the price for their hubris. The actors who played them signed up because they understood the purpose of their role in this movie.

You know, it just occured to me. Now that we've seen Pepper with her own Iron Man suit, Peggy as a super soldier, and soon Jane with the powers of Thor, that leaves Betty as the only phase 1 love interest that we haven't yet seen with her respective hero's abilities.

Wonder if they'll ever complete the set...

Red_She-Hulk_58.jpg
Red She-Hulk is too boring and derivative. Harpy all the way.
(spoilered due to picture size)
img_2827.jpg

I liked their entrance, but hated how they were so easily beaten by The Scarlet Witch in a matter of seconds, especially Xavier.

Professor Xavier should've lasted longer. Heck their could have been a great mind battle between Wanda and her evil counterpart

Dude I guarantee you that is 100% fan fiction that scoopers were trying to will into existence. I bet they never even considered Cruise to do this and i dont think Cruise would anyway.

I could believe that there were conversations about him doing it and it ended up not coming together

The Inhumans (Comic book) fan in me lost it when Black Bolt was revealed. I hated the show, but always loved the cast, and I'm so happy for Anson. I hope they give them a chance in movies.

At the very least they can co star in the many cosmic IP's the MCU has active (Guardian's, Eternals, Thor, Captain Marvel etc). They would fit in perfectly in Captain Marvel.

I really didn't like how arrogant they were, almost to the point of antagonism. I didn't get a lot of the intelligence that this group was meant to convey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"