The Incredible Hercules Movie

Baneis8feettall

Half face half amazing
Reaction score
Why Marvel Studios don't try to make a Hercules movie? I mean, he is universally known character already. Wouldn't it be much more marketable, especially world wide?

Also those series had good sense of humor if i remember correctly. He can be fan favorite in movie screen.

HercThumbsUp.jpg

Because he doesn't have an immediate place in the greater Marvel Plan, atm. Doing a Hercules movie wouldn't work to set up Avengers, so what would be the point earlier? Now, they have more leeway, but its still a question of opportunity cost. They only have so much available "space" to do non-sequel movies- what would Hercules bring to the table to earn him one of those spots?

I know they have many other plans, but a good Hercules movie, might be a hit. It's universally well known name already.

Clash of the Titans made almost 500 million dollars despite negative reviews. Greek Mythology sells really good, especially world wide.

He might do much better in box office than most of non-A list heroes. Actually he might even do better some A list heroes.

Maybe in the next decade, it would happen but right now no. But I would like to see him appear in one of Thor's movies.

Maybe in the next decade, it would happen but right now no. But I would like to see him appear in one of Thor's movies.

this makes the most sense to me. Before you give a character like Herc his own movie, put him in a supporting role and see what the response is. Same goes for characters like she-hulk and the ilk.

Joe Manganiello for Hercules
Gerard Butler for Ares (cause why the hell not lol)

"Marvel's Hercules"--

at this point, who knows. I wouldn't mind seeing him, but several angles have been done so far--

there's the traditional, ancient-greek hero on modern earth routine, as he was introduced in the comics--

the movie could focus on his ancient adventures, sans any reference to the modern Marvel goings-on..

there's the "Hera or Zeus removes his powers and he has to function as a (highly athletic) human", like the recent Herc series..

There's the "Future Hercules/Prince of Power", Bob Layton mini-series, that deal with Herc in the distant future, with an adult son, and they have adventures on alien worlds, with the Recorder as a sidekick.. again, little if any references to the contemporary Marvel earth..

Ugh, those last two would be terrible. What would be the point of Hercules if he's just a highly athletic human? And the far future? Blech. The best bet is Hercules in Ancient Greece or modern times.

It can be like Highlander. From ancient times to today's world.

The movie could be about his greatest adventure in ancient times, narrated by the actor who plays him.
As the story finishes, it could cut to Hercules sitting in a chair across from somebody and asking "Well, what do you think?"
and the camera cutting to Steve Rogers/Tony Stark saying "Uh......we'll call you"

This could be the chance for Marvel to pull the wool over the public's eyes and make them think they're branching out and making other types of genres of movies. It could seem like the typical Greek myth/ sword and sandals movie and might capture a different audience. Then, when they're reeled in, Marvel reveal that he's actually connected to the rest of the Marvel universe.

They should start "seemingly" branching out anyway with "other" types of genres - eg drama, romantic comedy etc so that they can put things out at other times of the year where they don't have to be as big a movie. However, these would be films about characters within the Marvel universe (eg civilians, non powered characters etc) but just not the typical big summer blockbuster. After all, they have these types of series occasionally within the comics.

I would go the Thor route if I were making a Marvel Herc movie. He's Marvel's version of Hercules at the end of the day but I wouldn't make it anytime soon.

This could be the chance for Marvel to pull the wool over the public's eyes and make them think they're branching out and making other types of genres of movies. It could seem like the typical Greek myth/ sword and sandals movie and might capture a different audience. Then, when they're reeled in, Marvel reveal that he's actually connected to the rest of the Marvel universe.

They should start "seemingly" branching out anyway with "other" types of genres - eg drama, romantic comedy etc so that they can put things out at other times of the year where they don't have to be as big a movie. However, these would be films about characters within the Marvel universe (eg civilians, non powered characters etc) but just not the typical big summer blockbuster. After all, they have these types of series occasionally within the comics.
Millie the Model?

We already have way too many Hercules movies coming out. I'm sure Marvel's Hercules could wait a while, especially because his pretty much just Greek Thor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"