The Incredible Hulk #1 Movie

HoratioRome said:
like I said, I don't remember the exact explanation for the PC version of the Gamma bomb which came much later on in the comics. but yes and EMP would be better.
seeing as how all we seem to be doing is creating more deadlier weapons these days, making G-bomb even more powerfull than the A-bomb would make sense..no?

HoratioRome said:
man I like you avatar,..:up:
Co2's too is pretty cool:up:

how do you add an avatar anyway?
i think you have to reach a certain post count, 300 i think. then you get a small 50x50 first and then the more you post, the bigger your avy can get

Sava said:
i think you have to reach a certain post count, 300 i think. then you get a small 50x50 first and then the more you post, the bigger your avy can get

oh thanks. no wonder. It's too bad cause I have like a bunch of posts but I lost my connection and bought a new computer and had to start over again. oh well.

HoratioRome said:
oh thanks. no wonder. It's too bad cause I have like a bunch of posts but I lost my connection and bought a new computer and had to start over again. oh well.
you know what your old username was?

Sava said:
you know what your old username was?

no lol,..that was the problem, I coudln't remember my old user name. It was a variation on Horatiohellpop somehow. I tried every possible combination but couldn't get it so I just created a new one.

HoratioRome said:
interesting,..I like this game. Hey no one is playing so let's start.
ok, I guess the idea is that we have to ask for things that should be DIFFERENT from the comics. But you said no changing of the villains,..can we change that cause that's an important one. no reason why we can't really cause the origin could still be the same

I am considering changing the rule. But for now I keeping it. The only reason I can think of besides sticking to the comic, I seen people fighting to the death over their favorite villains. My villain is better etc. Also not to make this thread about villlains.
So we could discuss one comic.

Did you know Gargoyle was exposed to radiation while woriking for the goverment on a bomb tests? He became deformed instead of becoming a Hulk.
Maybe that could be useful for the movie.
If not, maybe somebody might suggest he just make a cameo in the movie?

Sava said:
just my opinion, but i think Hulk vs the Army can carry a origin movie. Show the Army going all out and that Hulk just keeps coming back at them. Then have Abomination in the 2nd and Leader at the end of Hulk 2 or in Hulk 3.

I agree. We can focus on the character and concept of the Hulk.We have a two hour movie to do it. :)

Wow this thread is tremendously annoying.

I'm reading it excited to see people's ideas but there's nothing.

I'll throw out some food for thought.

1) We all love the Abomination but here's the problem; the first movie goes out of its way to explain that Banner doesn't die from the gamma because his genes have been altered. Banner gets hit with gamma rays and turns into the Hulk because of a genetic abnormality. What's the Abomination's excuse?

2) In the original movie the we don't see the Hulk until later in the film..We have not yet begun to scratch the service of what The Hulk is capable of...So we bring in another Hulk like character? Doesn't that dimminish the Hulk's uniquness right off the bat?

Ok so if we're approaching this from a first movie standpoint fine...But the reason they added the genetic testing was for a valid reason; no one buys that people get his with deadly matieral and then turn into superpowerful beings...So I think if we made a whole new movie we should keep the origins laid out in Ang's version.

That's almost immediately elimmates the Abomination as a villian for the first movie...unless we expect audiences to be ok with another guy having a father who experiemented with his genes causes genetic changes in his off-spring.

I like the army for the first movie and the second movie really. Then the abomination.

I even thought that it was too soon in the superman series to bring in a bunch of other "superpeople"...But that was back then..We basically saw everything superman was gonna be able to do physically in the first movie so I guess it worked.

But here in the year 2006 the stuff we saw the Hulk going in the first movie was nothing...We should be bored of seeing Hulk smash tanks before we bring in another mamouth.

ok..

discuss.

Blonsky can be a genetically-enhanced super agent, then the effect of whatever gamma exposure he gets (or whatever origin they give him, it could be completely different from Banner's) can be explained. Then you have the ability to have cool infiltration action, rather than just a guy in an Army uniform wandering into the gamma-gun room like they did in the comic. Make him a juiced-up killing machine, and he can be called an "abomination" by one of his victims. Biggity-bam, he now has a psychological reason for turning into a scaly 2-toed freak when the rays hit.

The Burier said:
Ok so if we're approaching this from a first movie standpoint fine...But the reason they added the genetic testing was for a valid reason; no one buys that people get his with deadly matieral and then turn into superpowerful beings...So I think if we made a whole new movie we should keep the origins laid out in Ang's version.

discuss.

I love it when people say that. I guess the very smart people in Hollywood figured out that the general public is too smart to accept "deadly material turning someone into a superpowerfull being", but not so smart as to accept human flesh turning into metal, and plastic and other materials because of genetic experimentation.

please

When I saw the movie it made sense that Banner was special. It was the reason he did not die from the radiation, like the exploding frog and other animals.
His father experimented on himself and the effects were passed on to Banner when he was born.
Before the movie, I had never questioned before why Banner had survived the G-bomb in the comics or the tv show. It was a fantasy world, where things like this happened all the time.
I mean I knew that the atomic bomb in real life killed people and if anything living had survived the blast, the radiation finished the job.

So in the comics, people didn't seem to die from the radiation, but were changed to monsters instead. Bruce didn't seem special anymore, in the sense of why he didn't die.
In the first comic they mention it is the first time they would test the G-bomb. No one knew what the effects of a G-bomb were.

The Burier said:
2) In the original movie the we don't see the Hulk until later in the film..We have not yet begun to scratch the service of what The Hulk is capable of...So we bring in another Hulk like character? Doesn't that dimminish the Hulk's uniquness right off the bat.

That's almost immediately elimmates the Abomination as a villian for the first movie...unless we expect audiences to be ok with another guy having a father who experiemented with his genes causes genetic changes in his off-spring.

I like the army for the first movie and the second movie really. Then the abomination.

I even thought that it was too soon in the superman series to bring in a bunch of other "superpeople"...But that was back then..We basically saw everything superman was gonna be able to do physically in the first movie so I guess it worked.

But here in the year 2006 the stuff we saw the Hulk going in the first movie was nothing...We should be bored of seeing Hulk smash tanks before we bring in another mamouth.

Yes I agree, Its too soon to create another Hulk monster in the movie. It does dimminish the uniqueness of the Hulk. I mean the movie is called the Hulk. Not the Hulk and friends. :D
For the first movie, I think the army is enough for the Hulk to show what he can do.
Another monster showing up only days after the Hulk might be just too much. Though it worked for Spider-man, and everybody likes to see Hulk fight villains. But for me it just seems more possible that no other monster would show up that soon.

HoratioRome said:
*Replace the turns into the HULK at night thing (that concept didn't even work in the comics so why try it here).
*make it so that he turns into the Hulk when he is stressed
*make him 7' to 8' tall (in the original he was much shorter)

that's what I got for now,..I'll think about it some more.

Anyone disagree?

For the first time Banner changes to the Hulk what should cause him ultimate stress?
Here's an idea of how I think it should happen. After the explosion, he wakes up in the military hospital room. He meets Rick. During the day he is fine and feels good he is alive, but that night he starts to feel stress about his work and life. Part of him wants to blame Rick for the what happened, and where's Betty? Stress levels begin to rise. "Whats the matter Banner?" asks Rick. Banner doesn't answer. Rick keeps talking looking away, as Banner starts to turn in to the Hulk.
Banner tries to say something but can't seem to because he is changing.
His shirt and pants start tearing and he grows in size, turing green.
Rick turns and witnesses his transformation. Rick watches in horror.

How do we explain he why he is feeling stress? I didn't want to show flashbacks. His life looks fine. He has betty, no signs of past trauma, we don't know his past.
Why does he have Hulk inside him?
I guess the question should be was the Hulk inside him before, or was he created during the gamma ray explosion?
Banner couldn't handle the stress and the stress formed the Hulk inside him?
If Banner feels weak how do we show that?
Banner stood up to Igor and didn't reveal the secret. Ross yelled at him in the comic but I thought the movie version of Ross could be good.

So far in our movie, We introduce Banner and the Hulk origin. Later that night gets stressed in the militay hospital and turns into the Hulk?

I would like to add a conversation scene, where Banner and Rick talk about their life. The converstion showing why Banner is getting stressed.
That night they are talking about stressful things and that would explain why Banner gets stressed enough to turn into the Hulk.

Since the Gargoyle seems like just an early version of the Leader, I would just use the Leader as the villain.

I'm removing rule 2. So feel free to suggest changing or adding a villain.

Hugebear said:
For the first time Banner changes to the Hulk what should cause him ultimate stress?
Here's an idea of how I think it should happen. After the explosion, he wakes up in the military hospital room. He meets Rick. During the day he is fine and feels good he is alive, but that night he starts to feel stress about his work and life. Part of him wants to blame Rick for the what happened, and where's Betty? Stress levels begin to rise. "Whats the matter Banner?" asks Rick. Banner doesn't answer. Rick keeps talking looking away, as Banner starts to turn in to the Hulk.
Banner tries to say something but can't seem to because he is changing.
His shirt and pants start tearing and he grows in size, turing green.
Rick turns and witnesses his transformation. Rick watches in horror.

How do we explain he why he is feeling stress? I didn't want to show flashbacks. His life looks fine. He has betty, no signs of past trauma, we don't know his past.
Why does he have Hulk inside him?
I guess the question should be was the Hulk inside him before, or was he created during the gamma ray explosion?
Banner couldn't handle the stress and the stress formed the Hulk inside him?
If Banner feels weak how do we show that?
Banner stood up to Igor and didn't reveal the secret. Ross yelled at him in the comic but I thought the movie version of Ross could be good.

So far in our movie, We introduce Banner and the Hulk origin. Later that night gets stressed in the militay hospital and turns into the Hulk?

That's a pretty cool idea. I'm not sure if that is enough "stress" however to explain the initial change. Here's what I was thinking.

(Keeping in mind that there was a spy who basically tried to kill Banner in order to steal the formula of the Gamma bomb, by NOT stopping the count down when Banner goes out to rescue Rick.)

After the explosion, both Banner and Rick are rushed to the hospital wing of the base. They are both quarantined for fear of radiation. so no one is allowed close to them without wearing protective gear.

Banner is in much worst shape than rick ( who is in fact ok.). He is hook up to all kinds of life sustaining devices.
in any case later that night, after Betty and the others have left, Banner and Rick are left alone in a large area of the hospital. Bored and restless, Rick leaves the room to go get himself something to eat at a vending machine in another room. The Spy, fearing that Banner will expose him once he wakes up comes to finish the job. Being a high ranking scientist he as access to the base and a radiation suit. dressed in such a suit with the proper badge he comes into the area where Banner and rick are. He does not see Rick and assumes they took him away for further testing. perfect, he thinks to himself.
dressed in a scary radiation suite which covers his face he approaches Banner then wakes him up, in a last attempt to get Banner to tell him where the formula is.
"Banner, wake up"
"whaaa,..who,...?"
"the formula Banner where is it? "
"the formula? what are you,..who are you"
Banner is helpless, weak, unable to even move, yet this Bully puts his hands around his throat and threatens to kill him him.
"I'm going to make this as clear as I can. you have ten seconds to tell me where the formula is or I'm going to kill you"

"GUARD,,URkkk" says Banner as the spy puts his hands over his mouth. He proceeds to pull out a needle and says
"you know what Banner, I'm glad you're not talking because I wanted to kill you anyway. You're weak, pathetic, just like everyone else in this whole country. you think you're better than everyone else, smarter than the rest of us. but You're just a weakling, impotent. you no longer have the will to fight. I'm going to kill you banner (we see a close up of Banner's fear filled eyes as he struggles against the much stronger spy), I'm going to kill you, and once I find the formula I am going to destroy this country along with you)
we see a close up of his mask, and get a close up of Banner,..he is about to die. he is scared,...then suddenly the fear begins to turn to anger. Banner's eyes begin to turn green.
at this moment Rick walks in and sees what is happening
"hey what are you doing??? leave him alone" rick rushes to Banner's side.
the transformation has begun but no one yet notices. Banner's eyes are turning green and he start to convulse. however both rick and the spy are too busy to notice as they are fighting each other. then Bruce falls to the ground and begins to change. He turns into the Hulk,...and both rick and the spy are frozen in their tracks as they see the HUlk for the first time. Hulk walks towards them (pissed off), and the Bully immediately becomes the coward, crawling on his back trying to get away from the Hulk.
"Doc?" Rick whispers as the Hulk grabs the spy who is by now begging for his life. Hulk pulls him close and says
"you no Hurt Hulk,,,Hulk hurts you"
the Hulk throws him across the room,..but with all the commotion the military has arrived.
"OMG", a soldier says,.."we need back up here! on the double."

Hulk turns to look at them

"No" rick says "it's ok,..they won't hurt you doc"
But the soldiers raise their weapons in a threatening manner. Hulks steps forward as if to attack.
Rick steps in between them and screams "don't shoot, Don't shoot. You don't understand,..he was trying to kill him,. he won't hurt anyone, he was defending himself. he's my friend,..he saved my life, it's ok... Put you guns down"
, Hulk looks down at rick when he calls him Friend. but more soldiers rush into the room ready for action. And when they see the Hulk panic sets in. Rick sees how hopeless the situation is and turns to the Hulk and says,.
"go get out of here,..go before something bad happens"
Hulk looks down at him,..a little confused. He then turns and leaps out of the building in an explosive burst.

HoratioRome said:
That's a pretty cool idea. I'm not sure if that is enough "stress" however to explain the initial change. Here's what I was thinking.

(Keeping in mind that there was a spy who basically tried to kill Banner in order to steal the formula of the Gamma bomb, by NOT stopping the count down when Banner goes out to rescue Rick.)

After the explosion, both Banner and Rick are rushed to the hospital wing of the base. They are both quarantined for fear of radiation. so no one is allowed close to them without wearing protective gear.

Banner is in much worst shape than rick ( who is in fact ok.). He is hook up to all kinds of life sustaining devices.
in any case later that night, after Betty and the others have left, Banner and Rick are left alone in a large area of the hospital. Bored and restless, Rick leaves the room to go get himself something to eat at a vending machine in another room. The Spy, fearing that Banner will expose him once he wakes up comes to finish the job. Being a high ranking scientist he as access to the base and a radiation suit. dressed in such a suit with the proper badge he comes into the area where Banner and rick are. He does not see Rick and assumes they took him away for further testing. perfect, he thinks to himself.
dressed in a scary radiation suite which covers his face he approaches Banner then wakes him up, in a last attempt to get Banner to tell him where the formula is.
"Banner, wake up"
"whaaa,..who,...?"
"the formula Banner where is it? "
"the formula? what are you,..who are you"
Banner is helpless, weak, unable to even move, yet this Bully puts his hands around his throat and threatens to kill him him.
"I'm going to make this as clear as I can. you have ten seconds to tell me where the formula is or I'm going to kill you"

"GUARD,,URkkk" says Banner as the spy puts his hands over his mouth. He proceeds to pull out a needle and says
"you know what Banner, I'm glad you're not talking because I wanted to kill you anyway. You're weak, pathetic, just like everyone else in this whole country. you think you're better than everyone else, smarter than the rest of us. but You're just a weakling, impotent. you no longer have the will to fight. I'm going to kill you banner (we see a close up of Banner's fear filled eyes as he struggles against the much stronger spy), I'm going to kill you, and once I find the formula I am going to destroy this country along with you)
we see a close up of his mask, and get a close up of Banner,..he is about to die. he is scared,...then suddenly the fear begins to turn to anger. Banner's eyes begin to turn green.
at this moment Rick walks in and sees what is happening
"hey what are you doing??? leave him alone" rick rushes to Banner's side.
the transformation has begun but no one yet notices. Banner's eyes are turning green and he start to convulse. however both rick and the spy are too busy to notice as they are fighting each other. then Bruce falls to the ground and begins to change. He turns into the Hulk,...and both rick and the spy are frozen in their tracks as they see the HUlk for the first time. Hulk walks towards them (pissed off), and the Bully immediately becomes the coward, crawling on his back trying to get away from the Hulk.
"Doc?" Rick whispers as the Hulk grabs the spy who is by now begging for his life. Hulk pulls him close and says
"you no Hurt Hulk,,,Hulk hurts you"
the Hulk throws him across the room,..but with all the commotion the military has arrived.
"OMG", a soldier says,.."we need back up here! on the double."

Hulk turns to look at them

"No" rick says "it's ok,..they won't hurt you doc"
But the soldiers raise their weapons in a threatening manner. Hulks steps forward as if to attack.
Rick steps in between them and screams "don't shoot, Don't shoot. You don't understand,..he was trying to kill him,. he won't hurt anyone, he was defending himself. he's my friend,..he saved my life, it's ok... Put you guns down"
, Hulk looks down at rick when he calls him Friend. but more soldiers rush into the room ready for action. And when they see the Hulk panic sets in. Rick sees how hopeless the situation is and turns to the Hulk and says,.
"go get out of here,..go before something bad happens"
Hulk looks down at him,..a little confused. He then turns and leaps out of the building in an explosive burst.

:up: Thats real good, I liked that rick got his asswooped by the spy. The spy reminds me of Talbot in the movie.
I got only three suggestions for changes,
Does the spy need to wear the radiation suit?
1. I was thinking if we could leave that out, so we could see the actor under the suit. If a good actor was in the part, I would like for him to be in the white lab coat so his face can be seen. Would the soldiers wear the radiation suits in this scene?
2. I was thinking the Hulk in this movie should be a little meaner, like in the comic. He hates the puny humans and rick at first. Like in the part where he says "The world is mine" to do what I want and no one can stop me? Maybe push rick when he tries to help.
If we make him meaner then there could be more action, more Hulk destruction.
3. How did the Hulk know his name is the Hulk, if this is his first time Banner changes into him? lol
Just pointing that out.
Anyways if no one can top your idea, then we can continue.
Next the Hunt for the Hulk.
With a Budget of 180 million, This should be good. :)

Cracker Jack said:
Yes I do. he has to be able to interact with humans and look beleivable. Like I said before, the size he was in the first Hulkout was fine. :up: ............................ Smartass:D

That would be 9 feet tall. Perfect!

Hugebear said:
:up: Thats real good, I liked that rick got his asswooped by the spy. The spy reminds me of Talbot in the movie.
I got only three suggestions for changes,
Does the spy need to wear the radiation suit?
1. I was thinking if we could leave that out, so we could see the actor under the suit. If a good actor was in the part, I would like for him to be in the white lab coat so his face can be seen. Would the soldiers wear the radiation suits in this scene?
thanks. Actually that is a very good suggestion. There were basically two reasons why I put him in the suit.
1) Banner is supposed to have been exposed to radiation and therefore quarantined, so logicaly speaking only people in protected suits should be able to get near him. (also
2) I thought the mask would look kinda scary.
3) oh and it basically allowed the spy to commit murder without being seen (by a camera or something)

but upon further reflection I think you may be right. Perhaps the attempted murder could come after it's been determined that Banner and Rick are no longer radiated or something. I like the idea of seeing the spy's face. We could even have a quick flash back of Banner's dad or some bully in Banner's past of something.
2. I was thinking the Hulk in this movie should be a little meaner, like in the comic. He hates the puny humans and rick at first. Like in the part where he says "The world is mine" to do what I want and no one can stop me? Maybe push rick when he tries to help.
If we make him meaner then there could be more action, more Hulk destruction.

well The Hulk would be plenty mean believe me. and there would be no lack of action and destruction from him. I do think however that it's important to keep the "innocent" or "misunderstood monster", aspect of the Hulk. I think that's essential to his character. The Hulk doesn't want to rule the world or hurt people. he just wants to be left alone. So he would show very little mercy to the soldiers, but I think the connection with Rick has to be established. The audience must think "if only they would just talk to him instead of threaten him. don't worry though he'll knock Rick on his a$$ a couple of times.
3. How did the Hulk know his name is the Hulk, if this is his first time Banner changes into him? lol
Just pointing that out.
Anyways if no one can top your idea, then we can continue.
Next the Hunt for the Hulk.
With a Budget of 180 million, This should be good. :)

lol, that's funny you're right off course, but I swear to you in my original thinking there is an explanation. Any script I ould write would eb MUCH more detailed. but what would happen is that the soldier calling for back up would say something like "WE'VE GOT SOME KIND OF HULK DOWN HERE, WE NEED BACK UP!",...you would then see an expression on Hulk's face. And on the radio the guy would say "Hulk?, what's a HUlk?"
"Look, I'm looking at this thing and the only word I can think of is that it's a giant,.... Hulk, trust me, we are gonna need all the help we can get" and THAT's where Hulk would adapt the name "Hulk".

good suggestions though. If no one objects we could move on to act 2.

HoratioRome said:
lol, that's funny you're right off course, but I swear to you in my original thinking there is an explanation. Any script I ould write would eb MUCH more detailed. but what would happen is that the soldier calling for back up would say something like "WE'VE GOT SOME KIND OF HULK DOWN HERE, WE NEED BACK UP!",...you would then see an expression on Hulk's face. And on the radio the guy would say "Hulk?, what's a HUlk?"
"Look, I'm looking at this thing and the only word I can think of is that it's a giant,.... Hulk, trust me, we are gonna need all the help we can get" and THAT's where Hulk would adapt the name "Hulk".

good suggestions though. If no one objects we could move on to act 2.

Thats a good start for the next scene.

We see the commanding officer talking on the two way radio "Get General Ross on the phone", "Tell him We have a problem."
The military base goes to red alert.
Two guards standing outside in the night.
"Hey what the heck is going on?"
The Hulk lands in front of them. He lifts his fists to the air and growls so loud it could be heard a mile away. Both guards step back, one trips, the other takes out his pistol and shoots.
He sees that it didn't stop the Hulk and keeps firing at the Hulk. The other guard gets his hand held radio, "we have the target"

:)
Thought I make it clear, that even thou this is about the first comic, Anybody can add anything they like from any other Hulk issue or television show.
Example
I like that Hulk was under the water for two months in The Incredible Hilk issue #987654321. I like to add that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"