Daredevil The Inevitable Costume Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS! !! I Saw this clip on Netflix fb..it about 1 mins long..the end of the clips show DD in his traditional red comics suit..I wonder if they gonna use the suit in the Netflix show eventually
That's just the opening credits.

I don't think the into for the show (which is what this is) was intended to be an actual Daredevil costume as much as just allude to him becoming the red costumed character we know from the comics.

Surfer
Ditto.

That's my feeling as well. It's not nearly as bulky as the Nolan Batman suit. It's about as streamlined as Cap's Avengers1 suit but the color scheme works better here.

I like this way better then Caps Avengers 1 suit especially the mask, but perhaps it is partially because what I have seen of the costume in film has been in the dark. In any case I like it way better. Caps Avengers 2 costume is awesome though.

Surfer

I actually like the mask from the Affleck movie better.

The cloth body suit from the tv series does look like an improvement over Affleck's latex gimp suit though.

I like this way better then Caps Avengers 1 suit especially the mask, but perhaps it is partially because what I have seen of the costume in film has been in the dark. In any case I like it way better. Caps Avengers 2 costume is awesome though.

Surfer

Yeah I was just referring to how trim and form fitting Cap's TA1 suit was. This seems similar. Nolan's TDK/TDKR suit by contrast seems made up of lots of smaller individual pieces which makes it all look more complicated. Cap's suit and this are built of bigger pieces that seem less armor like and more like tough fabrics and that's all.

I actually like the mask from the Affleck movie better.

The cloth body suit from the tv series does look like an improvement over Affleck's latex gimp suit though.

I didn't like that the Affleck suit's mask was it's own separate piece unconnected to the rest of the costume. It left his neck bare and that never looks good(well, he did have that popped Elvis collar at least...:hehe:).

I'm glad his neck isn't exposed in the show's suit.

I didn't like that the Affleck suit's mask was it's own separate piece unconnected to the rest of the costume. It left his neck bare and that never looks good(well, he did have that popped Elvis collar at least...:hehe:).

I'm glad his neck isn't exposed in the show's suit.

Well sometimes. It made sense that it wasn't connected and worked better for mobility IMO. He had a throat strap and his neck was covered just fine a lot of the time, especially after Bullseye nailed him in the throat.

Both suits have pros and cons for sure.

No neck covering made it look more like the S&M suit people were joking about it as. Best not to give jokers ammunition. This is all inherently silly from the get go anyway.

The suit itself is nice. The materials look like high quality durable stuff.It was indeed missing the DD on the chest but that's not a gamebreaker in my opinion.

That being said, the mask from the neck up is a different story. It's like they took the worst design features from the Dark Knight and Avengers Cap's cowls and put them together. The nose guard is probably what you'll notice right away, but what threw me off was the part where the neck and cheeks transitions into the helmet. It looks almost like a ski mask. Just very clunky and unflattering in design. If you thought Cap was funny looking in Avengers, then yeah Cox in the red mask is up there too.

I guess the best part of that mask is that it was only on screen for the very last episode so chances are they'll address it for next season.

Yeah, I think the shape of the mask of the Affleck suit was better, though I agree that it looked weird that it wasn't attached to the rest of the suit and that was just clearly an easy way for it to constantly be removed so we could see more of his face throughout the film.

But I feel like the new suit overall is better than the Affleck suit. Someone yesterday said the Affleck suit looked like it was made from a leather couch and I can't get that thought out of my head hahahahaha.

It was also very shiny and I didn't care for that.

Yeah, it was. It's weird... I remember loving the design when I saw the movie (and I even liked the movie for the most part on first viewing) but over the years, I've liked it less and less. I guess it's just because we've had so many better superhero costumes since then.

Im loving the show but the mask just looks hilarious in some angles.

Yeah, looking at it straight on as the promo image shows it isn't the most flattering way to view it. It looks better when viewed at a cross angle in profile.

I just got a feeling that the suit shown in the last ep of season one is not the "final" one...it will gradually change to look more like its traditional red comics counterpart, with DD logo at the chest area, and all red.
I meant the DD has to be there at the chest area! IT has to be there!!

May be my wishful thinking though..hahahaha

Just saw a gif and some pics of the red suit over at the site that shall not be named. I love it even more now. I already liked the way it looked in yesterday's reveal, but in motion and different angles it looks great to me. Anyone else just totally love it or dig it like myself?

Probably super late but I just realized that the black costume has red lines all over it.

Just saw a gif and some pics of the red suit over at the site that shall not be named. I love it even more now. I already liked the way it looked in yesterday's reveal, but in motion and different angles it looks great to me. Anyone else just totally love it or dig it like myself?

I'm with you man. The suit is everything I expected it to be. If they changed the black armored pieces to red it would be absolutely perfect to me.

2003 mask is much better. Affleck's fat face just made it look weird. This one doesn't look the least bit intimidating. Looks kinda silly actually.

somebody please make some screencaps of the gif

RS35wyj.gif

This is going to sound strange, but the mask sort of makes his face look like Neal McDonough.

^It the way the sides press the cheeks in that does it I think.

Yeah. Like I said, I like the overall look of it, I just think the mask needs a little tweaking and there's not reason to think that won't happen, given that Marvel has made minor tweaks to all of its superhero costumes over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"