Daredevil Kingpin casting and discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am truly amazed that no one thought of using Nonso Anozie so far in this thread. I wish it had clicked a little earlier for me.

dracula-52.jpg

The dude is MASSIVE. He's 6'6 and most of it appears to be muscle. He had have no problem doing the physical part of the character since he's popped up in stuff like Conan as a warrior pirate. He's got a lot of experience in acting too from stage roles over the years. He even played King Lear. He's also importantly got a presence. You might not know his name but the booming voice and size make him unforgettable. He's currently starring in Dracula (which I don't watch) as a lawyer. Bringing that up since Kretschmann was in that and he got cast in The Avengers so we know Marvel is at least aware of the people on the show.

Screw Perlman. Nonso Anozie is my nomination for the Kingpin now. :lips:

I mention Nonso in the Daredevil film thread :up:

Nonso, D'Onofrio & Fleshler are my top picks.

I'd have to say Glenn Fleshler is now my favorite for this role. A lot of these suggestions are great, but he's literally PERFECT for this role.
Yep completely agreed. D'onofrio would be my second choice, but a distant second...

The thing is, Glenn Fleshler is not very tall, at all.

No one is going to have it all. At a certain point you have to be okay with compromising on certain things.

I know, I don't think he'd be a terrible choice I was just responding the person saying he'd be perfect for the role, and D'onofrio is a distant second, when D'onofrio has the acting chops AND the stature. I don't think they realized that they used a lot of camera tricks for True Detective to make him seem tall

Fleshler is large enough for Kingpin, they can use camera tricks to make him appear taller too.

Only problem with casting Flashler is that then I'm going to want them to cast McConaughey as Matt Murdock.

Hey, he's blond, he's played lawyers before and his name is Matt. What more do you need? :)

If Sony has the rights to the Kingpin and Marvel can't get them back, what they could do, since Marvel hates rebooting and showing the origin after it's already been shown (The Incredible Hulk), they could just continue on from the 2003 Daredevil so that Kingpin will be in prison.

Thats the last thing they would ever do, under any possible circumstance, in any universe.

Please, no Grammer. I've always found him the same in everything and he's already going to be the Transformers 4 and The Expendables 3. That's more Grammer than I ever need to see in my life again.

He's pretty villainous as Sideshow Bob, though.

Unconventional suggestion, Vince Vaughn. He is a big guy but if he put on 15 ponds of muscle he could be seriously imposing. Even though he mostly does comedy, he can do drama.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he couldn't put on 15 pounds of muscle, lol.

I think Vaughn WAS a talented actor at one point. He played a really good psycho killer in Clay Pigeons. But somewhere along the way I think he decided he'd do better to just play the same annoying smartass in everything.

Eh, I don't see it. I saw vince Vaughan in "into the wild" which was a serious role for him and it didn't really knock me out of the park.

Plus after the last daredevil film we need to convince people this isn't a comedy

Well said. I don't want Vince Vaughn anywhere near a legitimate comic book film. He's basically the same character in almost every movie. I'm afraid we would get nothing but Wedding Crashers and Dodgeball in the show.

You guys are probably right. Marvel Studios shouldn't look to comedic actors for any of their major roles. I'll probably skip Ant-Man for this very reason.

Eh, I wouldn't go so far as to say that they shouldn't consider comedic actors... I just don't think Vaughn is the right choice for a role like this.

In all honesty I would cast L.L. Cool J

I liked that they made him black in the movie, I thought it added something to the story of Fisk

I won't lie, but I had that same surprised look on my face when I read that comment too. :woot: How does making him black add more to the story? What's the difference between a black and a white man? He's depicted as a white man in the comics, so let's go for that this time and leave the Michael Clarke Duncan role as his own (since they wouldn't wanna confuse people into thinking that it's a sequel to the original film, considering it might just skip past the origin, hopefully, to avoid comparison to other comic films).

I'm not sure what mcnancy meant but I did love Michael Clarke Duncan's performance as kingpin, regardless of skin colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"