The Inheritance Trilogy

Reek

_____
Reaction score
I dont know how many of you read, but the Inheritance trilogy is good stuff IMO. Eragon was great, Eldest was great, and im very excited for the unknown title of the 3rd, rumored to be Empire.

Now, personally i'd like to see a complete reboot movie wise, seeing as how Eragon the movie sucked. these books are huge money makers, and since Harry Potter is done, this is the big fantasy title.

i say..reboot with an epic inheritance trilogy. LOTR style... this could make a ton of money, and satisfy alot of fans who were disappointed with Eragon the movie...anyone agree? disagree? thoughts?

Maybe in a few decades. After the first bombed, I doubt they're interested in making anymore.

Meh on stupid books written by 10 year olds.

While the Inheritance Trilogy is not bad, it's not very good either. How about Hollywood choose good books to adapt.

Eragon was one big Star Wars ripoff, but with dragons. The writer was a hack. He needed more experience.

Eragon was one big Star Wars ripoff, but with dragons. The writer was a hack. He needed more experience.

I think it ripped off many other fantasy stories. lol.

I thought Star Wars because the of one major plot point: farmboy rescues princess with the help of an old mentor, then wins a battle at the end.

I thought Star Wars because the of one major plot point: farmboy rescues princess with the help of an old mentor, then wins a battle at the end.

Well yeah, SW was the biggest "influence" I guess you could say. It's like Star Wars meets LOTR.

yeah star wars meets lotr's without any of the quality of those films.

I think it ripped off many other fantasy stories. lol.
He got the name for the elf from a book that came out in the Nineties.
The character in A Song of Ice and Fire is much more dynamic and interesting than an emotionless sexy elf.:o

when the hell does book 3 come out? hopefully Paolini redeems himself cuz book 2 sucked.

Now, personally i'd like to see a complete reboot movie wise, seeing as how Eragon the movie sucked. these books are huge money makers, and since Harry Potter is done, this is the big fantasy title.

Discworld. :oldrazz:

Probably the only thing I liked about Eragon BOOK was the gore. The movie didn't even have that. Piss poor blah.

when the hell does book 3 come out? hopefully Paolini redeems himself cuz book 2 sucked.

Paolini sucks in general. I hope that hack's house burns down for ripping off other people's work.

I dont know how many of you read, but the Inheritance trilogy is good stuff IMO. Eragon was great, Eldest was great, and im very excited for the unknown title of the 3rd, rumored to be Empire.

i say..reboot with an epic inheritance trilogy. LOTR style... this could make a ton of money, and satisfy alot of fans who were disappointed with Eragon the movie...anyone agree? disagree? thoughts?

I haven't read the books, but the movie sucked. It seemed to have too many elements from other book series'.

A friend of mine introduced me to this series in my junior year of high school. I enjoyed Eragon. Paolini really has an eye (or pen) for description. I can't fault him there. Its his story in general I think needs to be improved. The wisest course would have been to wait until Paolini finished his cycle, then start with adpations which are more or less just "inspired by Inheritance" and run with some different ideas. The biggest for me is screentime for Galbatorix.

Not to sound like an anti, but he needs some screentime to solidify his evilness. That one part from the first book where the impaled baby is specifically mentioned reminds me of that part out of Blazing Saddles where Hedley's cowbow thugs are ransacking the town and the camera focuses on the two thugs punching the old lady. lol

I am interested in the "moral choice" Eragon will be forced to make.

how about terry goodkinds books? the sword of truth series. only on the first one myself. its not the best i've ever read but i think it could translate to film well.

Anybody read the last book?
I heard many saying it had a bad ending

I couldn't get through the first book because of how awful it was...

Normal as the book started as a 15 year old's boy fan fiction before he decided to expand the narrative and make it a book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"