The Invisible Man
Release Date: TBA
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: David Goyer
Screenwriter: David Goyer
Starring: --
Trailer: --

Plot Summary:
Conceived as a sequel to Wells' original tale, the story centers on a British nephew of the original Invisible Man. Once he discovers his uncle's formula for achieving invisibility, he is recruited by British intelligence agency MI5 during WWII.

News:

Universal Pictures Takes The Mask Off 'The Invisible Man'

Universal Pictures Takes The Mask Off 'The Invisible Man'

Universal Pictures has taken their third step towards greatness as they've pulled yet another classic monster from their shelve and dusted it off. First there was The Mummy, then there was Creature From the Black Lagoon, then Wolf Man was announced... and now finally The Invisible Man!

Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment have set David Goyer to write and direct "The Invisible Man," a new take on the H.G. Wells classic. Brian Grazer will produce, according to Variety.

Conceived as a sequel to Wells' original tale, the story centers on a British nephew of the original Invisible Man. Once he discovers his uncle's formula for achieving invisibility, he is recruited by British intelligence agency MI5 during WWII.

"I've always been a fan of the original H.G. Wells book as well as the Universal film and felt the property was ripe for reimagining," Goyer said.

Imagine's David Bernardi and Chris Wade will be involved in a producing capacity.

Goyer, who most recently directed ghost tale "The Invisible" and "Blade: Trinity," is planning to helm the Sheldon Turner-scripted "X-Men" spinoff "Magneto" for Fox.

I enjoyed The mummy, and I thought van Helsing was cool. But Goyer on the invisible man, no thank you. I don't want blade 3 all over agian.

I'd rather have an adaptation of the original Wells novel first...and the whole non-evil invisible man thing isnt new either, was done in a sequel back in the day starring Vincent Price.

The first Mummy movie was big action fun, but it really didn't have much to do with the classic Universal monster. The second Mummy movie was just kind of dumb and don't even get me started on the abomination that was Van Helsing. Universal either needs to pick some quality directors for these monster movies or just leave the classics alone.

The Wolfman is headed in the right direction! Great actor, great director, and a great script.

I'm not sure what to take on this.

The Wolfman is headed in the right direction! Great actor, great director, and a great script.

I'm not sure about Goyer directing this.
The one hour photo guy is directing right. If so then it can at least be creepy.

God, I friggin hate movies where the descendent of said mad scientist finds his books and falls into the same thing as the original mad scientist. Its so damn unoriginal. If they are going to do it, they might as well just do Wells book.

If only this was an adaptation of that Sci-Fi series...

*sniffle* I can still hope...

Why? We had this movie years back. It was called Hollow Man.

The premise sounds terrible and the original starring Claude Rains as a villain is a classic. But the novel is still there to be readapted in a more naturalistic and darker fashion (albeit James Whales will always be hard to top).

But a good Invisible man fighting WWII? Sounds like the ****ty LXG movie.

This just sounds like a bad superhero movie by Goyer instead of the classic tale. I'd take the Sci-Fi channel version over what's coming, now.

Why? We had this movie years back. It was called Hollow Man.

Hollow Man was not a legit Invisible Man remake. What sucks here is that they have the chance to make one, but they're just going to do some dumb sequel crap where he's a good guy.

I personally love the original James Whale classic starring Claude Rains. As it's definately right up there as one of my favourite Universal Monster films along with The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

However, the premise for this Invisable Man doesnt sound too hot to me. Bleh. I'll probably wait for DVD on this one like I should have done with Blade III. :o

Hollow Man was not a legit Invisible Man remake. What sucks here is that they have the chance to make one, but they're just going to do some dumb sequel crap where he's a good guy.
That's my point.

Why don't they put the Invisible Woman in here too!:oldrazz:

God, I friggin hate movies where the descendent of said mad scientist finds his books and falls into the same thing as the original mad scientist. Its so damn unoriginal. If they are going to do it, they might as well just do Wells book.

hey, man, Young Frankenstein :woot:

That concept is based off of a Invisible Man movie sequel. It's not original.

Goyer has already made two movies and both of them were awful. Also, he has already worked with the Invisible stuff, so why the hell did he return to it???

I doubt it will work, but still I have hope.

the story centers on a British nephew of the original Invisible Man. Once he discovers his uncle's formula for achieving invisibility, he is recruited by British intelligence agency MI5 during WWII.
LOLOLOLOLOL

If Goyer wasn't directing i'd be much more interested

Interesting I just ordered the INvisible Man Legacy Collection.

If Goyer wasn't directing i'd be much more interested

Same.:dry:

While he's proved to be a decent scriptwriter, Blade: Trinity was too ****ty to be redeemable in my eyes.

I'm not terribly interested in anything Goyer has his hands in right now.

Interesting I just ordered the INvisible Man Legacy Collection.

The movies this is really a remake of is on there...it's either the 2nd or 3rd one, I believe it stars Vincent Price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"