Sequels David Goyer to Direct Magneto!

As long as someone keeps him in check, it might not suck. Wasn't the reason Blade 3 suck is because he stuck to his script, and he thought it was the best script ever, while for Blade 1 and 2 the directors changed some of what was written?

You are correct

Stephen Norrington changed many things in the first Blade and made it a bloody awesome movie.

Guillermo Del Toro then came on board for the sequel and changed many things, including letting Snipes and his team display their full talents of arranging great martial arts fight scenes.

Then we get Goyer who directs his own script. for the third movie.
Makes Blade a secondary character in his own movie, doesn't let Snipes use his martial arts fight team to make the fight scenes, uses crappy camera shots, choppy editing and a very crap end fight scene.
A waste of a movie. So bad that it makes Daredevil look like a masterpiece.

As for a Magneto movie. Will it actually make any money at the box office?

after all, prequels don't tend to do good business. Have a look at Hannibal rising.

Do the general public want to see the history of Magneto ??

It remains to be seen

With Goyer at the helm, its not very encouraging,

its worrying

Wow. I've only had small interest in this film since it surfaced, but OUCH.

Guys, the real and only problem is Fox. They and their choices....

i dont know what to think....

blade3 was ok... and i have yet to the the invisble.

one things for sure though.... there couldve been a better choice :(

Ahhh man you gotta be kidding me?
This blows.:csad:

double disappointment.

This movie was going to bomb anyway. Just like Wolverine and Iron Fist, there is no reason for him to have a movie. It will not generate enough interest or money.

This thread is like a meeting of the Never Satisfied Society. Anyone would think Joel Schumacher had signed on.

I'm prepared to give this a chance and see what they come up with. It will also be down to the cinematography and editing.

This thread is like a meeting of the Never Satisfied Society. Anyone would think Joel Schumacher had signed on.

I'm prepared to give this a chance and see what they come up with. It will also be down to the cinematography and editing.

Why WOULD anyone be satisfied with this? He's directed 3 films so far and all 3 of them have been terrible, not just terrible but very amateur. Why would this be any different?

I would be a lot happier if Schumacher DID do this. Regardless of the fact that his Batman films were terrible, he's an experienced film maker with some some actually good movies under his belt, all Goyer has going for him is that he's a capable screenwriter... but he won't even be writing the script for this one.

Ok... so Magneto will be hunting and killing Nazis? Whoopdie... :dry:

all Goyer has going for him is that he's a capable screenwriter... but he won't even be writing the script for this one.

He IS apparently rewriting the script.

Yet somehow it's more gritty and gripping than an alien superhero costume and a man made from sand. :oldrazz:

I think the plot is interesting, so just with that, the movie deserves to be seen, in my case. I'll enjoy it more than the Logan one, that's for sure. The Logan story was seen and told in the first two x-men movies, but about Erik, we only had one scene, in X-men introduction.

Didn't like the news when I first read it and hate it even more after seeing the Invisable. The trailer looked interesting and I had no idea that Goyer girected it until yesterday. I then knew going in where this film was headed and Goyer didn't disappoint. Movie tuned out to as lame as I expected. Had a cool concept and I really was expecting something good, but boy did it stink. Who ever mentioned MTV pop tarts as cast is right. No solid actors save for Marcia Gay Harden.

Fox just does not care about these properties. Magneto can be great, but not with Goyer directing. I don't really see the need for a stand alone Magneto film or Wolverine film for that matter. For the love of god this is just FOX's version of giving us another Xmen flick without having to pay the now pricy actors, just let it rest.

Dear lord I hope not. Such a lame and preditable concept. We as well as FOX saw Hannibal Rising, take notes FOX and don't go down that hunting Nazi's direction.

Dear lord I hope not. Such a lame and preditable concept. We as well as FOX saw Hannibal Rising, take notes FOX and don't go down that hunting Nazi's direction.

But that IS his origin, ya big doofus! He hunts down the man responsible for the death of his parents in the gas chamber. Read the Magneto prequel to X1. (In the comics he hunted those responsible for the death of his wife, but the movies established a different origin.)

Jeez, some people....

I don't like the idea of allowing Goyer to direct...he's not an accomplished director...Blade 3 sucked, Zig Zag...had heart but wasn't that good, and The Invisibles, has anyone seen this? The reason people like him is because he sticks to the material and adapts it well, but, the problem with writer/directors is that they have serious control issues. And it's obviously been an issue in the past with other directors he's worked with. But this is no secret, writers protesting what directors change from the script, but most of the time, producers and directors will site that writers don't understand how to make it work once its been put on paper...and I find this to ba all too true.

I actually think people would be fine if it was Joel Schumacher directing. Besides his Batman films (which was really fault of the WB), his film background is great, and respected among critics.

But I do agree, I believe everyone deserves a chance, and Goyer just might suprise us. His first few films were duds, but he was a novice. Hopefully by now, he knows what it takes to make an enjoyable film.

Hopefully he has a great new team (cinematographers, editors, etc) for this film.

Truth is no matter who they get to direct Magneto. It's not going to be successful for them. People don't go to X-Men to see a tedious in depth character analysis. Most people don't want to learn about Magneto's past. They just want to see him rip bridges up and slam them back down.

In other worlds, character development is good, but this film is all about character development and people do not want to see just character development in an X-Men film.

Truth is no matter who they get to direct Magneto. It's not going to be successful for them. People don't go to X-Men to see a tedious in depth character analysis. Most people don't want to learn about Magneto's past. They just want to see him rip bridges up and slam them back down.

In other worlds, character development is good, but this film is all about character development and people do not want to see just character development in an X-Men film.

Hopefully there will be fabulous action sequences too. I can't imagine this will be just a dull character study.

No. It's going to be a character study. Nothing that's been said about this film indicates action sequences.

This film will flop. Wolverine will perform less than what Fox is expecting, but still be successful enough to possibly warrant a sequel.

No. It's going to be a character study. Nothing that's been said about this film indicates action sequences.

This film will flop. Wolverine will perform less than what Fox is expecting, but still be successful enough to possibly warrant a sequel.

Where is the evidence this will be a character drama without so much as a sniff of mutant power displays?

I can't imagine they would do a Magneto movie without some power moments. Nothing as dramatic as his piece de resistance with the bridge, but something at least.

If they DID put some action in there, it would fare much better. I can think of some great Magneto power displays not yet seen on screen that would look uber-cool.

I'm sure there will be some action scenes, the guy control metal afterall.

Flying tanks anyone? :D

I haven't seen any of his films, so can't judge, but Batman Begins was written by him... that's something good, Maybe he improves the script...

Unless someone beat me to the punch - as far as I know, Goyer only contributed to the bulk of the action scenes, while Nolan was more sensitive to character development and beats.

Goyer, in this case, is only as good as the people around him, you know?

And for the record, yes, I saw Blade Trinity too. Nuff said.

I'm sure there will be some action scenes, the guy control metal afterall.

Flying tanks anyone? :D

And flying tanks is just the obvious stuff. I can think of a few things that would be cool to see. What about pulling a fighter jet out of the sky and smashing it right into the ground....

Or imagine that tons of machine guns are fired at him, emptying hundreds or thousands of rounds, and then the smoke clears and we then see all the bullets magnetically gathered above him in the air like an angry swarm of bees. He makes the swarm of bullets flow and dance like insects before suddenly firing them off in a hail of death against everyone who fired at him.

And what about that goddam forcefield bubble! We could see some form of energy - perhaps electricity or a laser - flowing around the bubble to make it visible (like how Scott's blast interacted with Jean's forcefield in X2).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"