• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Irredeemable Ant-Man has been cancelled...

A lot of great stories start low selling with little interest. It's mainly because when you try new things that don't involve wolverine, ninjas or constant gunfire the masses generally tune out. This was a very good book, with a very realistic character and it actually made ant-man cool. He was a perv, but aren't we all in our own ways?

Personally if they are cancelling the series I'd like to see him join a team. I'd love to see him on New Avengers since both are pretty anti SHIELD, but I fear he'd just become back ground noise as all Bendis seems to be doing is writing witty one-liners that become white noise, while fighting ninjas.

New Warriors could be cool too...

The irony is while I feel that Bendis, in theory, COULD at least get down Eric's dialogue enough for a team up or so, NEW AVENGERS is rather cluttered and he would probably just write Eric as a stereotype; Kirkman does at times, but has more range with his own creation. Besides, NEW AVENGERS has about 1-2 more characters than it has time to develop anyway.

The irony is while I feel that Bendis, in theory, COULD at least get down Eric's dialogue enough for a team up or so, NEW AVENGERS is rather cluttered and he would probably just write Eric as a stereotype; Kirkman does at times, but has more range with his own creation. Besides, NEW AVENGERS has about 1-2 more characters than it has time to develop anyway.

That is the truth. Spider-Woman is completely useless, and Dr. Strange serves no purpose other than a glorified Quinjet/Deus ex machina.

Have we seen even fifteen lines of dialogue from SW past when she was telling them about Cap maybe being alive?

That is the truth. Spider-Woman is completely useless, and Dr. Strange serves no purpose other than a glorified Quinjet/Deus ex machina.

Seriously. Spider-Woman being wasted in NA was obvious around COLLECTIVE, and honestly, has Bendis ever written Dr. Strange in a non deus ex machina way? Even once? Outside Ultimate Spider-Man? I'm not sure. He isn't the first to write Strange that way, and won't be the last.

Seriously. Spider-Woman being wasted in NA was obvious around COLLECTIVE, and honestly, has Bendis ever written Dr. Strange in a non deus ex machina way? Even once? Outside Ultimate Spider-Man? I'm not sure. He isn't the first to write Strange that way, and won't be the last.

Oh, I never said Bendis was good with Strange. I agree with you, he's quite the contrary. I was just pointing out how he's wasted in NA as well.

I wish Bendis would just ditch Spider-Woman. He barely ever does anything with her and she kind of sucks. If only Arachne weren't already on Omega Flight...

I wish Bendis would just ditch Spider-Woman. He barely ever does anything with her and she kind of sucks. If only Arachne weren't already on Omega Flight...

well, that and we already have a spider person, it just feels alittle to much with both spider-man and woman on the team. Its like have superman and supergirl both being on a 7 man justice League team.

I don't feel that way. Superman and Supergirl are cousins and have identical powers. Spider-Man and Spider-Woman have absolutely no association with each other outside of the fact that they chose the same animal motif, and both their powers and their styles of superheroing are vastly different.

I like Spider-Woman enough, I think. Mostly I like the old covers from her 70's series. I look at them now, and I don't know what it is (maybe the color scheme, fonts, layouts, etc.) but they just have that old Marvel flavor to them. Like Marvel in it's truest form, or something.

Yep. I was probably vaguely aware of her or I'd seen her once or twice before then, but I didn't really know anything about who she was until then. Before that, I thought Julia Carpenter was the Spider-Woman because I was reading Avengers West Coast.

Yep. I was probably vaguely aware of her or I'd seen her once or twice before then, but I didn't really know anything about who she was until then. Before that, I thought Julia Carpenter was the Spider-Woman because I was reading Avengers West Coast.

When did you start reading comics?

Nope. I really got into comics when my cousin gave me all of his old comics, and apparently he wasn't much of a Jessica Drew fan.

She's got serious potential to be a cool character again (but then, most characters do). It's a shame Bendis isn't doing anything with her. I was actually lloking foward to the ongoing that was announced with Maleev.

I didn't like what I heard about her in New Avengers. The double-agent, spy-who'll-kill-anything-that-moves thing strikes me as less than appealing. In the current New Avengers arc, when she's managed to say anything at all, she's come off like a female Wolverine to me.

I didn't like what I heard about her in New Avengers. The double-agent, spy-who'll-kill-anything-that-moves thing strikes me as less than appealing. In the current New Avengers arc, when she's managed to say anything at all, she's come off like a female Wolverine to me.

Well, that's not how she was created or originally written. At all.

Right, because that means something where Bendis is concerned. :up:

If you had an oppurtunity to do anything you wanted with the Marvel Universe, would you feel bad retconning what others have done, or would you not care?

I'd feel bad. I like the Marvel universe. Why would I want to just overwrite it willy-nilly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"