• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Irredeemable Ant-Man has been cancelled...

I'd feel bad, too. I think if I came up with some amazing cool concept that might retcon something from past continuity I'd have to get permission from the writers who I'm retconning.

Meh, it's not like they own the characters. They knew what they were getting into when they chose to take on the task of writing stories for characters in a cohesive universe. And if they didn't they f**kin' shoulda known better.

Well, it would be out of respect. You clearly have none. :up:

Who's Ant-Man? A new hero? Does he have the proportionate strength of an ant, can he stick to walls, he should 'coz I see ants sticking to walls. ....Kidding! :woot: He's cool.

I think you take this crap too seriously PH2. I doubt most writers really give a s**t either way. Except for, you know, the overly opinionated like Byrne, Ross, or Waid.

I think you take this crap too seriously PH2. I doubt most writers really give a s**t either way. Except for, you know, the overly opinionated like Byrne, Ross, or Waid.

No, I'd just feel bad. And plenty of writers ask permission or seek approval from past creators. It's more of a courtesy than anything.

Whether they give a **** or not, I would. It's a matter of respecting them and acknowledging that no comic writer works in a vacuum. There's nothing wrong with retconning without asking permission, obviously, but I'd still feel bad about it if I didn't get the blessing of the guy whose work I'm retconning.

To be honest who cares if it has been cancelled. What a great power! Control over all ants :whatever:.

Whether they give a **** or not, I would. It's a matter of respecting them and acknowledging that no comic writer works in a vacuum. There's nothing wrong with retconning without asking permission, obviously, but I'd still feel bad about it if I didn't get the blessing of the guy whose work I'm retconning.

Well said. :up:

I'd do it then ask.

Punk. :cmad:

Lets not forget the ability to shrink down to less than an inch and retain the strength of your full size. So, you know, crawl into a guys brain and kick him in the Limbic system.

Lets not forget the ability to shrink down to less than an inch and retain the strength of your full size. So, you know, crawl into a guys brain and kick him in the Limbic system.

and spy on women takeing showers.

And go other places they aren't allowed to show outside of the Max imprint.

True,how much books does Ant-Man seel compaired to more successful ones?
Ant-Man sells under 20,000 copies, I think. Whereas the most successful comics sell near a 100,000. Really, anything above 25,000 is a good number.

Well, that certainly blows. Maybe it needed to sell out, like Nova did, and put a big old CASUALTIES OF WAR, WORLD WAR HULK, INITIATIVE, or ENDANGERED SPECIES on the top of its cover to get people to buy it.

Well, that certainly blows. Maybe it needed to sell out, like Nova did, and put a big old CASUALTIES OF WAR, WORLD WAR HULK, INITIATIVE, or ENDANGERED SPECIES on the top of its cover to get people to buy it.

Well they basically slapped the cover to Mighty Avengers #1 on it, and that didn't boost sales. It's a shame.

Well they basically slapped the cover to Mighty Avengers #1 on it, and that didn't boost sales. It's a shame.

its an ant-man book, doesn't matter the quality[good or bad], its a freaking ant-man book, it was destined to be canceled.

Mainly because people are idiots who focus on Style over substance. Every book that is really good sells badly. Don't sweat it. This book gets canned, something else will just come along. And so it goes.

it is getting a WWH crossover

I read issues 1-8 so far, man, this is actually a good book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"