• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Irredeemable Ant-Man

Charlie No-One

iamamiwhoami
Reaction score
ANTMAN001.jpg

How does everyone feel about the new Ant-Man series in October by Kirkman and Hester?

I am not sure about two people sharing the persona, and the costume is kinda bleh, but it looks like it could be fun.

Links:

Marvel

Newsrama interview with Robert Kirkman.

Thanks to Elijya for the link.

Issue 1 info:

Introducing the world’s WORST superhero! When a low-level S.H.I.E.L.D. agent gets a hold of Hank Pym’s new Ant-Man suit you know the Marvel Universe is in trouble. He’s not concerned with saving the world or helping others. He’s concerned with getting through the day and getting a leg up on life. He’s not going to use his powers responsibly, he’s going to use them for the betterment of himself. He’s ANT-MAN a NEW “hero” for the modern world. If you thought Robert Kirkman pushed the boundaries of what could be in a Marvel Comic with MARVEL ZOMBIES just WAIT until you see what he does in THE IRREDEEMABLE ANT-MAN!

Charlie No-One said:
If you thought Robert Kirkman pushed the boundaries of what could be in a Marvel Comic with MARVEL ZOMBIES just WAIT until you see what he does in THE IRREDEEMABLE ANT-MAN!

what does THAT mean? it IS an all-ages line right...?

hmm, ya know I'm not sure. I would assume so. Lemme ask Phil

Elijya said:
hmm, ya know I'm not sure. I would assume so. Lemme ask Phil
oooh I'm Elijya I get along famously with the famous:rolleyes:

I assume this is the right joke to go with. Lemme ask masteryoda

ok, good point, tell a newb, here: who's phil?

and, um, thanx!! :)

MyPokerShirt said:
what does THAT mean? it IS an all-ages line right...?
Want to make the ladies think you're a fantastic lover? Have ants crawl around her naughties while you take it to her.

MyPokerShirt said:
ok, good point, tell a newb, here: who's phil?

and, um, thanx!! :)
Hartman. Elijya thinks he has a connection to the spirit world. We pretty much ignore him around here.

Charlie No-One said:
and the costume is kinda bleh
Yeah, especially since Hank Pym has always had such great taste in fashion.
AntmanRing01.gif

I like the concept, but how would one use controlling ants and being able to shrink to better there own life? I suppose you could easily get revenge on people you dont like, and maybe commit robberies, but they seem to be keeping this guy on the right side of the law so...

You could spy on people. Or, have sex with ants. OR, and this is really my favorite--have sex with ants and then stomp on them afterwards.

Ill be getting it for the Kirmany goodness

if this is anywhere as good as Invincible, should be great

Kind of an interesting idea, and i actually dig the new suit compared to most antman incarnations except for the spiderman look to it.

Not Jake said:
You could spy on people. Or, have sex with ants. OR, and this is really my favorite--have sex with ants and then stomp on them afterwards.

Cuddling is for suckers, I wish killing women was as hassle-free. :(

wow, I can email the artist of a book who posts at the Bendis Boards, where anyone is free to go, a question asked by a poster. Oh, aren't I so elitist :rolleyes:

anyway, Hester replied:
It will not be nasty, but it isn't really all ages either. I think it's getting the T+ rating, which is for teens, right? Not sure. No overt swearing or gore, but some tricky situations.

I can never see Ant-man in his own book. I think he's good on a team but idk how this book looks.

The Watchman said:
Cuddling is for suckers, I wish killing women was as hassle-free. :(
Your edit reasoning was flawed, next time you should leave the joke be, display it as intended. Then, after 5 or 6 posts of non-response, explain it to them like they're idiots. It's extra funny.

Sometimes I wonder if I should become a college professor, teaching a course on comedy craftsmanship, with a focus on insults.

Not Jake said:
Your edit reasoning was flawed, next time you should leave the joke be, display it as intended. Then, after 5 or 6 posts of non-response, explain it to them like they're idiots. It's extra funny.

Sometimes I wonder if I should become a college professor, teaching a course on comedy craftsmanship, with a focus on insults.

Would this class be for undergrads, or strickly graduate school material?

Elijya said:
wow, I can email the artist of a book who posts at the Bendis Boards, where anyone is free to go, a question asked by a poster. Oh, aren't I so elitist :rolleyes:
You know, if you emailed Dr. Phil as much as you emailed Phil Hester, I bet you wouldn't be so defensive.:o

Alex Summers said:
Would this class be for undergrads, or strickly graduate school material?
I would love to give you more information, but it will do you no good, as high school English is a pre-requisite. I wish the rules weren't so strick.:(

Jake, you do know I'm about to send you a free trade, right?

thanx Elijya. u can officially be my hero for the next 5seconds..... aaaand you're done. feel special. yeah it was good for me too.

Im in for it, im still in mourning 3 years later for Scott Lang.

Its so hard, to say goodbye, to yesterday.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"