The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

"If you got it, flaunt it!"
Zero%20Mostel,%20Flaunt%20it,%20Producers-8x6.jpg

I just find Jaimie very attractive. she's my type, dark hair...beautiful cheeks..fit...not stuffy

Eh, the dress is a bit much for a premiere. I prefer class over trash any day and any dress that shows that much skin is definitely trashy. No one needs to see her crotch. Paris Hilton was trashy for flashing her nether regions to the camera (albeit not on purpose), and yet Jaimie gets a pass. Why?

If either of the guys showed up in Chippendale type "suits", the guys here would make fun of them and the girls who love it. The double standard on the last couple pages here is ridiculous.

Eh, the dress is a bit much for a premiere. I prefer class over trash any day and any dress that shows that much skin is definitely trashy. No one needs to see her crotch. Paris Hilton was trashy for flashing her nether regions to the camera (albeit not on purpose), and yet Jaimie gets a pass. Why?

If either of the guys showed up in Chippendale type "suits", the guys here would make fun of them and the girls who love it. The double standard on the last couple pages here is ridiculous.
Those Chippendale suits are ridiculous so I"d be laughing. Honestly the dress is too revealing for my taste but I'm not going to get up in arms about it.

Last edited:
Nobody was going to be talking about Alexander unless she wore something over the top. If Portman wasn't there the attention was going to be on Dennings. It was an obvious and smart play for attention and she is getting her wish.

She has everybody talking about her, so mission accomplished I think.

It's just sad she can't let her talent do it for her. This was 100% about creating buzz and probably unhappy she didn't go to the overseas premier.

And are people really comparing Thor's shirtless scenes with this dress???

I wish Hemsworth or Hiddleston could show up in Tarzan loin cloths barely covering their "mounds" and ass cheeks. I'm sure everyone seeing the outlines of their junk would go over REAL well.

It's just sad she can't let her talent do it for her. This was 100% about creating buzz and probably unhappy she didn't go to the overseas premier.

I wish Hemsworth or Hiddleston could show up in Tarzan loin cloths barely covering their "mounds" and ass cheeks. I'm sure everyone seeing the outlines of their junk would go over REAL well.

This :up:

Jamie's role in this film is getting more praise than Portman and Jennings combined, it's not her fault her screentime was cut short.

I don't think I've ever seen a dress quite like that. :wow:

Jamie's role in this film is getting more praise than Portman and Jennings combined, it's not her fault her screentime was cut short.

So? She's trying to strike while the iron is hot and this was a straight up PR move. She's telling interviewers she's in talks for WW and even trying to drum up interest for a solo Sif movie. I wish her luck. But the fact remains she wore this to a premier where pics would be taken and buzz could be made. It isn't like she wore this out to the club on a Saturday night to get her groove on and papz got a pic. I gotta give it to the interviewers for being able to maintain eye contact. That had to be hard. No pun intended.

Still, I'm waiting for someone to say both Tom and Chris could pull something like this off without a hella backlash.

She's probably trying to make up for the fact she's in the movie for 5 mins. Frankly, no-ones going to remember her in this.

Yup!

Listen I don't even care for the belly barring crop top trend so yeah I'm not in love with her dress. It is highly unfortunate that actresses almost have to do the cheesecake photoshoots and red carpet dresses to get attention because there is a lot of competition out there in Hollywood.

I'm not defending (or attacking) Alexander but she is 29, only has a bit role in these films and Marvel is probably paying her in bubblegum maybe she is trying to get attention so she can get a deal selling make-up or become the face of some clothing brand?

sooo do we have any hi-res of that dress yet? :more:

Wow, amazing dress, and I loved Jaimie anyway, but it has turned into something more now!

Wow, amazing dress, and I loved Jaimie anyway, but it has turned into something more now!
It's either you like it and have no problem or it's tacky/trashy and way too revealing. Probably the most publicity she'll likely get.

Jaimie Alexander at the Thor: TDW Hollywood premiere

1450846_591355090900697_92934440_n.jpg
Thor's face in the poster: "I made a big mistake."

I love Jaimie, but is she really OK with how much she showed off there?

I imagine the dress was a publicist or manager's idea.

Last edited:
Thor's face in the poster: "I made a big mistake."

I love Jaimie, but is she really OK with how much she showed off there?

I imagine the dress was a publicist or manager's idea.
If there'd been so much sheer paneling below the waist, this whole thing would just be your standard premiere dress. I basically equate the dress to what Paltrow wore at the IM3 premiere. She had some malfunctions where the dress didn't cover everything in certain angles and actually asked for a razor in the car on the way to the premiere.

Well, that dress made front page on Australia's biggest news website today.

Yeah, having no self-respect will get you that.

Women should always win.

But it's not a provocative dress, it's just appellative.

She's pretty, she has a body to wear this kind of dress, but it isn't a nice dress.

Fanboys love the "dress".

It's actually vulgar, though. It looks like she's desperately trying to get all the attention.

Those dresses are absolutely tasteless. Whatever happened to 'leaving it to the imagination',

UGH!

That's showing off a tad bit too much. Guys would be getting the wrong idea I'd think.

I'm not saying total cover up but make it tasteful. Show a little cleavage or a little leg or a little back but those dresses just vulgar.

It is not a beautiful dress. Especially as it flashed her pubes to the world!

Thor going topless is for the ladies therefore it's something I have to endure because movie studios aren't going to stop that anytime soon.
An overly revealing dress is up to the wearer and they can wear why they like but I personally think it is a vulgar look to wear something so revealing.

ENOUGH with the sl**-shaming! Seriously, textbook shaming! This actor was chosen for this movie because she was sexually attractive to men as well as being able to act; and yet you're up in her face when she signposts that incontrovertible fact. "Vulgar", "cheap", "tasteless", "isn't nice", "guys'd be getting the wrong idea", yep clear as day you're calling her sl**ty, especially that last one. Go blame a system that still values women & women actors primarily for their looks; punishes them if they don't look like they're trying to be sexy enough, and punishes them if they look like they're trying too much to be sexy. She seems sexually aggressive/lays unabashed unashamed claim to her sexuality. So no, women can't win, and we police ourselves to pick up the slack.

There's nothing shameful about women's sexuality; what's shameful is the expectation that that's our main worth, as long as it's tightly controlled.

Bunch of prudes in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"