The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Jamie would make a fantastic WW as I always imagined WW as the most beautiful female ever who also looks like she could kick some serious ass. Jamie would be a worthy successor to Lynda Carter.

...But if she does become WW she shouldn't appear in Thor again. Then again I think the next movie should focus more on Thor and Loki so it wouldn't bother me if most of the supporting cast don't show up in the 3rd movie.

Jamie would make a fantastic WW as I always imagined WW as the most beautiful female ever who also looks like she could kick some serious ass. Jamie would be a worthy successor to Lynda Carter.

...But if she does become WW she shouldn't appear in Thor again. Then again I think the next movie should focus more on Thor and Loki so it wouldn't bother me if most of the supporting cast don't show up in the 3rd movie.

I would prefer it if she jumped ship to WB. I imagine she's not very happy with her screen time in the sequel anyway. Jaimie is a big fan of Wonder Woman so I can envision Snyder/Goyer luring her away since they're comic literate. With that said, it's up to whoever Snyder/Goyer want for the role (Zack wanted Affleck for Batman after all -- inspired and bold choice to say the least). I just pray it's not Olga. She's so damn sexy but she's also quite dry and bland as an actress.

I don't know if this is old or not, but this interview has Jaimie talking about Loki Sif.

http://ht.ly/2BjjwH

Would you guys want to see Lady Loki? It would definitely place her in the film more than it has in the previous two films, and considering at the end of TDW
Loki is pretending to be Odin
, it wouldn't be too far fetched to say that
Loki disguises himself as many of the Asgardian residents to hide himself more easily in Asgard. And if Ragnarok is in the next Thor film, who is to say that Loki wouldn't take possession of Sif's body.

If she has the opportunity, she really should jump ship to WB when the time comes for WW. I mean, she was completely non-existent in this film. One minute she seems like she wants to pursue Thor, the next she's giving Jane a dirty look, and then it's never addressed or hinted at again. The film was too concerned with trying to see how many times they could say the word "Aether" in one film.

If she has the opportunity, she really should jump ship to WB when the time comes for WW. I mean, she was completely non-existent in this film. One minute she seems like she wants to pursue Thor, the next she's giving Jane a dirty look, and then it's never addressed or hinted at again. The film was too concerned with trying to see how many times they could say the word "Aether" in one film.

Yeah i agree... If Wonder Woman is up for grabs I hope she gets it, because Marvel is wasting her. She is so perfect as Sif, and yet she has like 3 lines in the film.

If she had the same amount of screentime in the 3rd movie she would be able to do both.

Does anyone know why Sif got so little screen time? I really wanted to see more of her. I much prefer her to Darcy and her stupid intern.

Relationships between characters wasn't this movie's strong suit. Other than Thor-Loki-Odin-Frigga, there wasn't much time for the rest. The Thor-Syf-Jane triangle was barely a rough draft and not explored at the slightest. Same for the Syf character. We get she's attracted to Thor, period.

I wouldn't even call it a triangle.

She seemed to get as much time as The Warrior's Three to me. Which is fitting for a side-character. Her feelings for Thor weren't the focus of the story but I'm glad that it was at least acknowledged. She still hasn't told him so I felt they did a good job dealing with it without turning the story into something else or adding an extra 30 minutes for a love sub-plot (not that I would complain). The way I see it, that leaves room for it to come up in a sequel and finally be confronted so that she gets a yes or no from Thor to resolve the matter.

I would've been pitching more of a fit if they just flat out ignored it like they've ignored her relation to Heimdall. Can't have time for everything, I suppose.

She seemed to get as much time as The Warrior's Three to me. Which is fitting for a side-character. Her feelings for Thor weren't the focus of the story but I'm glad that it was at least acknowledged. She still hasn't told him so I felt they did a good job dealing with it without turning the story into something else or adding an extra 30 minutes for a love sub-plot (not that I would complain). The way I see it, that leaves room for it to come up in a sequel and finally be confronted so that she gets a yes or no from Thor to resolve the matter.

I would've been pitching more of a fit if they just flat out ignored it like they've ignored her relation to Heimdall. Can't have time for everything, I suppose.

Her being related to Heimdall doesn't really add anything though.

Her being related to Heimdall doesn't really add anything though.
Imagine her going to her brother to discuss her feelings for Thor. Imagine the position that would put Heimdall in. I think it has a lot of potential.

Exactly. It would give both her and Heimdall more development and be a neat little quirk with the race differences and all. But alas it is not their movie. She really is the Eowyn to Thor's Aragorn in this series.

Imagine her going to her brother to discuss her feelings for Thor. Imagine the position that would put Heimdall in. I think it has a lot of potential.

There's no need for it. It's extraneous and over-complicates the situation because the movie is not about Sif's feelings for Thor. He feels nothing for her.

This isn't a relationship movie for cryin' out loud.

There's no need for it. It's extraneous and over-complicates the situation because the movie is not about Sif's feelings for Thor. He feels nothing for her.

This isn't a relationship movie for cryin' out loud.

Well, director Taylor decided to hint at it several times. So he probably thought there was something to it. Otherwise he wouldn't have done it.

Thank you. People keep abusing the use of that phrase. They clearly do not understand what it entails.

I think it's more a case of people thinking it's a pointless triangle. It's barely touched upon to the point where it may as well not even be in the movie. Ms Alexander said she was suppose to have a large role in this, and frankly you can see it by the way the film is cut. It would actually have been nice to see her interact with Jane and see what Thor sees in her, although to be honest I don't think the Thor/Jane relationship has hit any real heights in the 2 films to date, it still feel more a case of their having to be a love interest because that's just what's suppose to happen.

I think it's more a case of people thinking it's a pointless triangle. It's barely touched upon to the point where it may as well not even be in the movie. Ms Alexander said she was suppose to have a large role in this, and frankly you can see it by the way the film is cut. It would actually have been nice to see her interact with Jane and see what Thor sees in her, although to be honest I don't think the Thor/Jane relationship has hit any real heights in the 2 films to date, it still feel more a case of their having to be a love interest because that's just what's suppose to happen.

You get it, jmc. You get it.

I didn't want an overly long love triangle either, but I wanted more than what we got, which was next to nothing. Taylor, Alexander, and others mentioned this sub-plot repeatedly before the movie came out, and it's not really even here, so that was disappointing. Also, Sif is a REALLY big deal in the Thor comics, but they've reduced her to a background character in the movies, which isn't cool. Give her SOMETHING to do. Why the Hell couldn't she have come along with Thor, Loki, and Jane? There was no good reason for that and it could have given her character at least a little development.

Heck, I’m still wondering what Jaimie was alluding to when she said that Sif would have to sacrifice something very dear to her in order to protect Asgard in this film.

It's not pointless. It's a subtle nod, a hint of possible things to come in future Thor adventures. ..... there are other things going on in the film that take higher priority. All hell breaks loose once Jane is on Asgard so I don't understand when/where Sif/Thor were supposed to have this huge blow up about a one-sided affection. It doesn't drive the story in any way and is simply a gratuitous idea.

It's not pointless. It's a subtle nod, a hint of possible things to come in future Thor adventures. ..... there are other things going on in the film that take higher priority. All hell breaks loose once Jane is on Asgard so I don't understand when/where Sif/Thor were supposed to have this huge blow up about a one-sided affection. It doesn't drive the story in any way and is simply a gratuitous idea.

Well it is kinda pointless because it doesn't go anywhere. Like I said, the editing in this film suggests there was more to the plot point but for reasons only Marvel knows it was reduced to the level of little use.
Heck, I’m still wondering what Jaimie was alluding to when she said that Sif would have to sacrifice something very dear to her in order to protect Asgard in this film.

Whatever it was it didn't end up on screen.

Maybe her feelings for Thor that we barely saw and that were completely unreciprocated? That's all I got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"