The James Cameron's "Avatar" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
Since I had the last comment on the previous one, only fitting I reboot it. That's right, I went there.

Last edited:
Mother****er, I was just going to make this. Shoulda added Part Duex to the title or something sexy of that nature.

I thought that Kane was going to make this...oh well.

Well, if it was discussed, just merge it or whatever. Don't really care.

Mirko is closing down everything, so I think we all will get a shot at restarting threads tonight.

They are blaming one little thread on the Hypes loading issues when its obviously the server ? LMAO

James Cameron = Filmmaking god

Also appearently he is killing the Hype with this movie. Heck this thread will be bigger then the last thread by next weekend with everyone studying every inch of the trailer come Thursday. ****ing James Cameron

people who think that this looks like a videgame will need to explain to me what looks fake.
i think this is the most realistic render from a movie . lets ignore the na'vi designe for a minute. lets forget that they are blue and skinny. they look like they are standing in the forest.

Also appearently he is killing the Hype with this movie. Heck this thread will be bigger then the last thread by next weekend with everyone studying every inch of the trailer come Thursday. ****ing James Cameron
when the HD clean version fo the trailer will be realesed then the CGI complaining will begin. and they will complain.

hmmm strange that noone complained about the animatronics and puppets from the 80's :awesome:

Is this that movie about the Nickelodeon cartoon?

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand subscribed.

If you get all up close to it, they basically look like the wax figures you'd see in a museum, which is still pretty damn impressive considering they don't even physically exist.

people who think that this looks like a videgame will need to explain to me what looks fake.
i think this is the most realistic render from a movie . lets ignore the na'vi designe for a minute. lets forget that they are blue and skinny. they look like they are standing in the forest.

I agree that the image is probably one of the best released along with that one of Neytiri looking at Jake (when he has his tribal paint).

Even looking at it and not ignoring the design, it looks real to me. They look like real creatures or like actors with amazing makeup! Stunning work by Weta! Only Cameron would demand such great CGI!

I think Cameron probably stole the basic plotline of "Call Me Joe" based on that article, but Avatar on a whole is his creation. It's too bad, because the concept seemed so original to me I was praising Cameron for his creativity in coming up with it.

Oh and just to show how great the CGI is, just check out the details in the image posted below. It is just crazy with the amount of detail put in and the realism of the image.

You guys gotta keep a lookout for me on the interwebz this week for any HD version leaks while I study for my 4 tests this week. fml

I never noticed the insect wings as the arrow fletching.

That's awesome.

sweet few more days till we get the hq trailer :up:

You can see all the detail on Jake's skin there :D

Feels weird to start all over. Anyway, replying to Stephen Lang's acting quality in this film, I really can't wait for his role. At first, he came off as a complete cheese character to me -- with the forced syllables and whatnot -- but now it's really grown on me. He does come off as a complete psycho, but in a very subtle way. The scene featuring him sipping a cup o' joe while blowing the Navi away will be a memorable one. Here's hoping for one despicable villain.:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"