The Dark Knight The Joker and TwoFace/Dent's screentime....

weezerspider

Sidekick
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the time to time The Joker's screen time and Harvey Dent's compared to Bruce/Batman's? The main complaint(which I think is bogus) I hear about this movie is that it isn't a Batman movie and that it focuses on Dent and The Joker too much. I may have gotten that feeling the first time I watched it because I was in awe of Heath's performance, but after seeing it once, I feel its pretty easily noticeable that the film is all about Batman. So, does anyone have the screen times?

I don't think screentime has anything to do with protagonism. I mean, you can have characters that simply steal the show with a couple of scenes.

And Joker will always be that.

Has anyone taken the time to time The Joker's screen time and Harvey Dent's compared to Bruce/Batman's? The main complaint(which I think is bogus) I hear about this movie is that it isn't a Batman movie and that it focuses on Dent and The Joker too much. I may have gotten that feeling the first time I watched it because I was in awe of Heath's performance, but after seeing it once, I feel its pretty easily noticeable that the film is all about Batman. So, does anyone have the screen times?

I thinks it also because we had to get introduced to Joker and Dent and let those characters develop. With Batman/Bruce we've already got his story and understand him. Now we get to see him in action with 2 other personas who we need to understand a bit asw well.

That and Nolan himself said that the very title "The Dark Knight" was just as much about the fall of Gotham city's White Knight and being turned into this other entity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"