The Dark Knight What do you think the story will be?

R

ROBOCOP CPU001

we are all aware that the joker will be the main villian..and maybe at some point harvey dent may become Twoface(at the end i hope)

but what do you think Batman will have to deal with this time?

I suspect it will deal with Batman struggling with his dual identity. Perhaps, at one point or another, Batman is pre-occupied with some sort of public event as Bruce Wayne, and as a result Joker kills someone or commits a crime before Batman can stop him. Batman will slowly realise that being Bruce Wayne is a burden, give it up and begin to spiral downwards into darkness and despair, until Alfred helps him get over it.

Or maybe Prince music.

I suspect it will deal with Batman struggling with his dual identity. Perhaps, at one point or another, Batman is pre-occupied with some sort of public event as Bruce Wayne, and as a result Joker kills someone or commits a crime before Batman can stop him. Batman will slowly realise that being Bruce Wayne is a burden, give it up and begin to spiral downwards into darkness and despair, until Alfred helps him get over it.

Does EVERY superhero sequel have to do this? No thanks. Superman II and Spider-Man II were enough for me.

JackBauer24 said:
Does EVERY superhero sequel have to do this? No thanks. Superman II and Spider-Man II were enough for me.

Batmans the original..its apart of who he is..

I think he will end up spending more time as Batman..leaving bruce wayne just to be a face..

I mostly got that from a press release a while back suggesting Batman would struggle with not wanting to be Bruce Wayne. It's less in the vein of Superman and Spider-Man 2 and more in the vein of I Am the Night. I honestly don't see any other way to make the sequel as much about Bruce Wayne's personal journey as Begins was.

JackBauer24 said:

:up: :up: :up: ... This is the most cliche thign ever... goo driddance... hopefully

Did everyone miss the point, or what?

Not only does this address the issues brought up in Begins, it adds depth to him. It also allows for an intelligent and relevant emotional introduction of Harvey Dent. It is not the whiny, "I want a normal life" cries of Superman or Spider-Man, but rather the dark and tormented self-doubt that is at the center of some of Batman's best stories, such as I Am the Night, in B:TAS. It is about, as Alfred has brought up, looking into that abyss.

If you want, I will structure the film and write up a draft, so we can see whether it would actually be so cliche.

JackBauer24 said:

Actually, wouldnt' this technically be the exact opposite of those two films. Superman and Spider-Man gave up their superhero identities to live normal live, whereas Batman would be giving up his normal life to be consumed by his superhero life.

As Batman? There will be some problem with mafia families, which has unknown connection with The Penguin.

I think there will be some kind of killer of the main people in mafia, so Batman need to know who is this killer (Joker).

As Wayne? Love story and maybe some intersting questions, on which Bruse hasn't found answers yet.

I think it'll be about Joker taking over Gotham City and mob bosses becoming less important and strong...

JLBats said:
I mostly got that from a press release a while back suggesting Batman would struggle with not wanting to be Bruce Wayne. It's less in the vein of Superman and Spider-Man 2 and more in the vein of I Am the Night. I honestly don't see any other way to make the sequel as much about Bruce Wayne's personal journey as Begins was.

Sorry JL, I totally read your first post as being BATMAN is a burden. My mistake - the idea of him sliding totally into darkness as Batman is a lot more interesting.

Cinemaman said:
As Wayne? Love story and maybe some intersting questions, on which Bruse hasn't found answers yet.
I'm all for Wayne getting dumped over and over again by beautiful women but I hope they focus more on his character development than another one of his bimbos.
The only love interests that are really interesting to me in Batman are the heroine/villian ones and I dont think he is ready for that yet. He is still a little soft (no pun intended) at the end of Begins.

I would love them to do a whole descent into darkness thing for bruce, as in BB hes willing to juggle a normal life with his persona, as evidenced by the last scene with rachel. i would like him to transform to this optimistic hero, to the grouchy, pessimistic jerk, who has given up on a normal life, that we see in DKR and so on. The transformation could span the 3 movies sorta like star wars ep 1 - 3...only with better acting.

Sharkboy said:
The transformation could span the 3 movies sorta like star wars ep 1 - 3...only with better acting.
I think you mean better directing. The actors had to do exactly what Lucas wanted line for line. Lucas confimred it and so did every actor that got bashed on.
Just wanted to clear that up ;)

I think we will see that Batman, I think it was foreshadowed a lot in the script of BB.

it'd be nice to see bruce struggle with becoming completely Batman... much like the Joker is only his persona now.

The story is my #1 concern about Batman 2. Begins had it a bit easier, in a way, since it was all character exposition and building up the backstory to why Batman does what he does. From his childhood to his adolescence to his adventures around the world, to his training, to him coming back to Gotham to get his tools and save the city.

What could the next one possibly have, that even comes close to comparing? His training is done, so that's not interesting anymore. He's got most of his basic toys, and I assume we'll catch up with him after the house has been re-built and the batcave has been improved....so where does that leave us, as far as Bruce's development goes?

Going into his dual identity is a good start. But I'm beginning to think that, strangely enough, we're going to have to shift the focus of the narrative abit more to a bigger story than Bruce Wayne/Batman. What Batman 2 is going to need, above all else, is a serious detective crime story. We're going to need some more Gordon, we're going to need some serious Harvey Dent time, and we're going to need to see Batman doing more than just kicking ass and collecting new gadgets.

I want it to feel like a layered, textured crime story where we as the audience are tracking down the Joker with Batman, going from crime scene to crime scene, investigating and analyzing clues right alongside him, putting it all together and feeling Bruce fight his descent into madness as he gets nearly consumed with his obsession of getting this killer that is MOCKING him the entire time.

I want to feel that frustration swell up to a fever pitch and basically beg Batman to kick Joker's @ss when the time comes. It should be framed in such a way that Batman/Gordon/Dent have been on a roll since the last film, making some serious headway in Gotham when suddenly Joker hits the scene and throws a monkey wrench in their system. I want to see Batman/Bruce Wayne lose his balance a little bit, as cliche' as that is---I think Nolan and Goyer could make it work.

Anyway, enough rambling. Wanted to just throw that out there.

Detective is OK... But I don't want TOO MUCH detective work... I don't want to see Murder, She Wrote in a film like Batman. Too lowkey...

Make this a revenge flick or at least make 3 a revenge flick because let's face it:

If Joker's origin is introduced rightfully Joker will want to get revenge for his disfigurement, the same way Two-Face will want to get his in the continuation of 3.

Besides, Bruce Wayne alienating himself so he can be Batman has been done twice now ("Superman II" and "Spider-Man 2"). I'd like to see Bruce Wayne actually starting to run his company and trying to hide his secret identity from the boardmembers and Gothamites. Always in all the Batman movies it was like Bruce could easily slip in and out as Batman in his office. In Nolan's universe I don't see Bruce having a chair that leads to the Batcave, but I would like to see where Bruce has to rely on Alfred alot like he does in "The Batman" cartoon (despite it being a sucky show compared to "BTAS").

I want to see Bruce's friendship with Jim start to grow both as Batman and as Bruce Wayne. I want to see the same with him and Harvey Dent, except with Harvey, I want Harvey to look at Batman as "a vigilante" though but one "who seems to be doing good for the city, despite taking the law into his own hands."

I want to see Joker going after the Maronis, while Harvey goes after Rupert Thorne. I want to see the Joker do what Scarecrow could not...inflict fear into Gotham, but also laughter too. He should be a villain whom no one wants to encounter because of seeing what he's done to his victims. I want to see his victims have twisted smiles imprinted on their faces, eyes bloodshot, shaking like some crackhead druggie, and foaming at the mouth.

I want to see Joker buy guns from The Penguin to use against Gotham. I also want to see mixes of "BTAS" Joker and comics' Joker from "The Long Halloween" and "The Man Who Laughs."

I want to see either Batman or Gordon wanting to kill Joker instead of imprisoning him. Batman because he supplied acid to Thorne to scar Harvey, while Gordon wants to kill Joker for killing his wife and sending him pictures of her ball-gagged, tied up to a chair, beaten, and then have Joker's smile on her face.

If you can make a movie like that than "DAMN!" :) :D

Atleast youre not asking for anything too specific NinjaTurtleFan :D

I'm just wondering whether Sal Maroni will still be the one to throw the vial of sulphuric acid at Dent eventually becoming Twoface and that Harvey Dent will have his nickname of "Apollo" intact.

I'd like to see Maroni and this story arc occur somewhere in the next film if that's not asking too much. Also I wonder if Dent's coin origin will be introduced not to mention his fiancee Gilda.

Joker throws the acid on Den't face, Goyer (writer of BBegins and writer of sequel treatment)has confirmed that.....

Lobster Charlie said:
The story is my #1 concern about Batman 2. Begins had it a bit easier, in a way, since it was all character exposition and building up the backstory to why Batman does what he does. From his childhood to his adolescence to his adventures around the world, to his training, to him coming back to Gotham to get his tools and save the city.

What could the next one possibly have, that even comes close to comparing? His training is done, so that's not interesting anymore. He's got most of his basic toys, and I assume we'll catch up with him after the house has been re-built and the batcave has been improved....so where does that leave us, as far as Bruce's development goes?

Going into his dual identity is a good start. But I'm beginning to think that, strangely enough, we're going to have to shift the focus of the narrative abit more to a bigger story than Bruce Wayne/Batman. What Batman 2 is going to need, above all else, is a serious detective crime story. We're going to need some more Gordon, we're going to need some serious Harvey Dent time, and we're going to need to see Batman doing more than just kicking ass and collecting new gadgets.

I want it to feel like a layered, textured crime story where we as the audience are tracking down the Joker with Batman, going from crime scene to crime scene, investigating and analyzing clues right alongside him, putting it all together and feeling Bruce fight his descent into madness as he gets nearly consumed with his obsession of getting this killer that is MOCKING him the entire time.

I want to feel that frustration swell up to a fever pitch and basically beg Batman to kick Joker's @ss when the time comes. It should be framed in such a way that Batman/Gordon/Dent have been on a roll since the last film, making some serious headway in Gotham when suddenly Joker hits the scene and throws a monkey wrench in their system. I want to see Batman/Bruce Wayne lose his balance a little bit, as cliche' as that is---I think Nolan and Goyer could make it work.

Anyway, enough rambling. Wanted to just throw that out there.

These are great ideas. As I was reading this, the movie Sev7en came to mind.

Think about how it could of been if the story of Se7en was instead modified into a Batman movie with Batman taking the place of Pitt's character, Gordon the place of Freeman's and Rachel the place of Paltrow's and Joker the place of John Doe. Of course it would have to be tone down to get a PG-13 rating and modified so that Batman doesn't actually excute Joker but I would still love to see Rachel's head in a box.

So I'm in favor in a sequel that has a very similar tone, look, and detective story that effectively intertwines the characters in the story as that of Se7en.

Because that movie had everything a Batman movie should have except Batman himself.

loving some of the ideas..

I think the joker will definatly have something to do with Dents change..but we must see his split personality before the acid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"