The Dark Knight The Joker Blogs on Youtube...

These are pretty good, I was watching some the other day.

8227_147065956791_50467716791_3144109_7059550_n.jpg

8227_147065971791_50467716791_3144112_4936987_n.jpg

tjb__lunch_dates_by_rotten_apples.jpg

Happy_Anniversary_by_thejokerblogs.png

tjb-mfv-192.jpg

tjb-ms-106.png

appleaday001.jpg

I dunno,Ive dressed up as Joker a couple of times - but I wouldnt go trying to expand on Heaths role on youtube even though people tell me I do a good impression...because thats all it is,an IMPRESSION.

Its weird,but watching these impersonators just makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason....

He's cool, but there is a ceiling to his impersonations. He pulls the same forced expression most of the time, and has a generally systemic demeaner.

Good, but very caged.

I find it great escapism. It's like a new chapter of TDK. I think they've captured the essence of Ledger's Joker and it works.

Sorry, but he seems like he's trying too hard to copy Ledger's performance. Brings me right out of it all. Plus he's not threatening or foreboding in any way. Anyone would laugh at this guy. Not Ledger's version.

Sorry, but he seems like he's trying too hard to copy Ledger's performance. Brings me right out of it all. Plus he's not threatening or foreboding in any way. Anyone would laugh at this guy. Not Ledger's version.

Not threatening or foreboding? Some of those videos have scared the beejeezus out of me!

Speaking of that, loved the bat video Ekricket. :hehe:

I find it great escapism.

I agree. Initially I was quite reluctant to get in to it as I thought that it would just be a stupid impression. However, once I got into it, I began to enjoy it and it made me laugh.

Not threatening or foreboding? Some of those videos have scared the beejeezus out of me!

Uh, okay. Again, nope. Instead of feeling uneasy in the way I should be (or you did), I found myself getting bored & rolling my eyes a lot.

He's pretty good though, the guy has talent.

These are great.

It's like TDK Joker fanfiction but on video.

A lot of fun.

I'm not a huge fan of the jokerblogs, but for what seems like a couple of kids and joker fans just having fun we actually got something a bit creative and interesting to say the least. Sure the "actor" playing The Joker isn't perfect, but NOBODY is or ever will be, right? Especially in our eyes. Take it for what it is, a bunch of young people playing dress up for their youtube videos. I think their writing is decent and Joker's lines capture the essence of the character for the most part. They're doing something creative. It's better than just sitting in front of your webcam and reciting TDK lines over and over again.

I respect what they do. I think it's kind of cool actually. No,not perfect but cool none the less. I think many here who criticize it are just jealous they didn't think of it first. I mean, it is a very simple idea after all. So kudos to them.

I find it funny that Joker is in Arkham, but he's still allowed to wear his make-up.:hehe:

I find it funny that Joker is in Arkham, but he's still allowed to wear his make-up.:hehe:

They did something similar in BTAS. Often you'd see the villains locked up, but still wearing their costumes. Apparently it was part of their therapy.

For example, go to 9:23 on this video: [YT]Ed76jXVNDwY[/YT]

One of the blogs videos explained it as allowing him to wear it instead of the other materials he was using. They didn't go into the details of what the substitute make-up was, but you can just imagine. :hehe:

That's exactly it. I don't think he's trying to 'do the voice'. His voice is very quiet, and he doesn't make his wording as dramatic as Heath did. I think that's deliberate. This is HIS take on Heath's Joker. He's not trying to be Heath's Joker. He's paying homage.

But like you Pennyworth, the thing which struck me more than anything were the storylines and the production, plus the acting is very good. The scripts are very original, and he's taken it to a broader scope outside of the TDK world now, which is good. It's more than just an impersonation - it's more like a mini-movie.

I agree with you and Penny. It doesn't seem like he's trying to do an impersonation of Heath's version. I love the writing.

I hope Batman makes it into this series. I REALLY would like to see his Joker take on a Batman sort of like when I wanted Bale's Batman to take on a Joker after Begins.

Other than that I love this series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"