The Joker Blogs on Youtube...

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by Two-Face, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

These kinds of things always makes me very uncomfortable. I mean, the guy clearly has talent and fair play to him, but perhaps he should be spending it on something more productive.

They are just... not for me!

2. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

I think he's great as in Nolan version of Joker, I like to see him do Mark's or Caesar's Joker.

3. Jodo

Jodo "That Button Guy"

I'd like to see him stop doing these. :funny:

4. batpawn

batpawn Brenkster Tools Inc.

well... but that's basically what he does. don't get me wrong, the scripts 'are' creative for the most part, I give them that. but his joker impersonation isn't creative in the slightest. sure, he does a quite good heath ledger joker, and he 'has' acting talent. but basically, every sentence he says is an 'updated' version of a sentence the joker said in 'the dark knight'. every expression he makes is basically an expression that heath ledger did in the dark knight. and for what reason? to make sure that people get it's a 'dark knight' tie-in?

I already find such things very annoying in dark knight parodies, because doing the exact same thing we saw in the movie does not a parody make. hell, I even find it annoying if people in online boards are doing dark knight quotes constantly (really, If someone is asking me once again why I'm so 'serious', I'm going to show 'em what seriousness is all about). but considering that the 'joker blogs' wants to be taken seriously, it doesn't really help... at all.

You see, what was so great about ledger's take on the joker is the fact that he wasn't predictable in the slightest. You had absolutely no idea what he was going for, every line he said, every act of violence and hate seemed fresh and original, because it always came off as a suprise. Taking a character who's fulfillment was basically his depth in originality and the suprise in his actions, and turning him into a predictable cardboard cut-out who is constantly quoting himself and who even gets a kick out of it, is clearly the 'worst' thing you could do.

I'm not criticizing their moviemaking abilities, I'm just saying that they would be better off if they'd do something original out of it. something of their own. well, they surely wouldn't be as popular like they are at the moment. But they'd at least show, that they can do better than just 'ripping off' a concept in pretty pictures.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  5. OctaviusINC

OctaviusINC Trust Me.

I agree with you, batpawn. I could pretty much pinpoint every mannerism/voice pitch this kid makes to Ledger's in TDK. Like you said, he doesn't bring anything new to the table impression wise.

The fact is when I first heard about these jokerblogs I immediately hated them. I was sick of seeing Ledger impressions and every video had 1000's of comment on how "hawt" the Joker is. Bleh.

But I gave them a chance, and I somewhat enjoy what they do. They're fun little internet videos. I've seen a TON of Batman fan films and most are pretty horrendous. TDK gave Batman fan films a chance to be even more lazy. Most recent Batfan films all have the Joker as the villian spewing the same lines from TDK, there's an interrogation scene etc. It's like someone wanted TDK but with no budget, bad actors, and amature as hell. So the Jokerblogs are a bit refreshing in that sense. Ledger's characterization of the Joker changed things forever. And we'll be getting A LOT of rip offs in many forms. But Jokerblogs is one of the better ones.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  6. voyzovrezon

voyzovrezon nobody's fool

All this squawking about the JokerBlogs ripping off the Joker, nothing original, predictable, blah blah blah. Come on! Could any of you do any better. Those are pretty high quality vids for You Tube. And I find the story line pretty original and engrossing.

Good grief people, why so seri...(no, I wont' say it :hehe:)

:rolleyes:

7. Bats

Bats Winged Freak

Each of us has a right to express our like or dislike of something here, right? Just because we can't do a good enough copy of Ledger's Joker and/or are not expert amateur filmmakers does not mean we can't say anything about them.

Yes, he does a good impersonation. Yes, the videos are of good quality. Still don't like 'em.

8. voyzovrezon

Of course people have a right to express their disapproval. I can disagree and people can disagree with me. Not the first time that's happend. Just go to the Politics forum and see for yourself. :oldrazz:

9. Bats

Bats Winged Freak

Don't tell me what to do!!!! :woot:

I TRY to keep my b****in' to a minimum. No use in beating a dead horse as they say......except now! J/K :oldrazz:

I will say that I wish some of the fan-film makers would make their films like these. Some of them seem like they're made by a 5 year old!

10. Harleen Quinzel

Harleen Quinzel Professional Psychologist

He's pretty good at it, I think. I was pleasantly suprised when I found they were a little more serious than most, and the fact that they had Harley in them. xD

11. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

Dinner with the Arkhams was my favourite.

12. ross2287

ross2287 Gonzo Journalist

Is he British? I'm picking up an accent under his impression.

13. voyzovrezon

We see a very important guest show up at the wedding in the latest installment. It's also the longest episode, over 20 minutes, so be sure to watch it to the end. It kicks a$$! :hoboj:

[YT]jtM-QyPTcTw[/YT]

14. Brother Jack

Brother Jack Believer

I have to admit, that was really well done. And I'm glad Batman finally showed up, he's been uncharacteristically absent in all of these videos.

15. voyzovrezon

The series finale is here!

[YT]fWuJVCFzYy4[/YT]

16. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

I watched it earlier. It was very good. I enjoyed this series of videos overall. Really well made.

17. Chiroptera

Chiroptera Guest

The Joker Blogs were absolutely Amazing!!! :woot:
    to bad its over, but i guess it sort of had to end...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  18. Chiroptera

Chiroptera Guest

No i don't think so, but I do know Scott McClure(The Joker) Has a tiny bit of a lisp so you could just be picking up that, No offense to the British btw :oldrazz:

He is still a great Joker though!
    if They end up recasting The Joker in the third movie Scott is my pick for the role! :awesome:

19. bane

bane TEH PUFFY

Thank god this **** is over!

20. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

I thought they were good fun. It shows how popular Heath's Joker is. It's a tribute to his greatness. Not many comic book movie villains had this much impact on the fans.

21. edonian

edonian Why so insidious?

I agree, I didn't think they were good at all.

22. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

I'm sorry but if you don't like them simple don't watch it. I thought he was great as The Joker.

23. Hulk1968

Hulk1968 An agent of chaos...

If you have'nt seen him, check out CiscOreo on Youtube.
    IMO, he is one of the better (Ledeger Joker) impersonators on there.
    Him and anthonyingruber (Hamill Joker)

I'm just sayin....

24. RustyCage

RustyCage Come what may..

Yeah, that pretty much describes the boat I'm in..

25. voyzovrezon

I see I'm one of the few fans of the series here, so for those who want to revisit it, they are now doing audio commentaries.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ikXmlxDFA[/YT]