The Jubilee/Jubilation Lee Thread

Reaction score
Despite appearing in four X-Men movies, just like Rogue, Shadowcat and Iceman - Jubilee is one of the most underused X-Men characters in the movies, to the point we haven't even seen a single power display that isn't a deleted scene. She's a firework, so let her colors burst!

Who will be the MCU Jubilee?

Also want Jubilee in from the first film as a student. She’s too much fun and when they eventually introduce Logan to the X-Men team (hopefully not in the first film), hopefully they can kick off that great relationship between the two. I’d like to see her fear of Sabretooth and later conquering it too.

Oona O' Brien
actor-oona-o-brien-346435_large.jpg

I really want to see her mutant powers on screen.

I feel like some people see her powers as a joke, but fireworks are actually dangerous.

Watching the 90s show and Jubilee is just too much fun. She definitely needs to be in MCU X-Men from the start.

Watching the 90s show and Jubilee is just too much fun. She definitely needs to be in MCU X-Men from the start.
I think she and Bishop have a big chance of appearing in Marvel Studios' X-Men because of the upcoming X-Men '97. Having them on the team in the first film, would be quite different from the previous X-Men films.

I think she and Bishop have a big chance of appearing in Marvel Studios' X-Men because of the upcoming X-Men '97. Having them on the team in the first film, would be quite different from the previous X-Men films.
Yeah it would be a good distinguishing factor. I’m not sure Bishop would fit in film 1 if they want to keep his background of being from the future. Throwing time travel into film 1 might be a bit much when you already have a lot to do in introducing all the X-Men and the world around them. He definitely needs to appear once everything’s established though. Jubilee I could see in from the start.

Yeah it would be a good distinguishing factor. I’m not sure Bishop would fit in film 1 if they want to keep his background of being from the future. Throwing time travel into film 1 might be a bit much when you already have a lot to do in introducing all the X-Men and the world around them. He definitely needs to appear once everything’s established though. Jubilee I could see in from the start.
I think they could feature his background (if they keep it) in a X-Men Origins anthology show (1 episode dedicating an episode for it).

However, I don't think see Marvel Studios redoing Days of Future Past and featuring mutants from the future being transported to the present (Bishop, Rachel and Cable). I think the whole Bishop from the future storyline is quite convoluted. I'd be fine if they just skip it and give him a different background, if it means we would see Bishop much earlier.

Its also probably best to save all the Nimrod/Sentinel conflict in the present period especially the X-Men would be under the same universe as the other MCU characters. Doing another alternate timeline set in the future, would be similar to Endgame/Multiverse saga (time travel/alternate reality).

I think they could feature his background (if they keep it) in a X-Men Origins anthology show (1 episode dedicating an episode for it).

However, I don't think see Marvel Studios redoing Days of Future Past and featuring mutants from the future being transported to the present (Bishop, Rachel and Cable). I think the whole Bishop from the future storyline is quite convoluted. I'd be fine if they just skip it and give him a different background, if it means we would see Bishop much earlier.

Its also probably best to save all the Nimrod/Sentinel conflict in the present period especially the X-Men would be under the same universe as the other MCU characters. Doing another alternate timeline set in the future, would be similar to Endgame/Multiverse saga (time travel/alternate reality).
I guess they could use him without that background, even though it formed a big part of his character and why he was the way he was. Would be fine to get a different version of Bishop and he’d add to the team and certainly feel fresh compared to some characters that have featured a lot.

I feel like Bishop without the time travel isn't worth it but I don't like Bishop much to begin with.

I hope jubilee is in from the beginning, I think including her would do a lot for the General audiences and she's a fun powerset that we never got to see on screen.

There's plenty of things about Bishop they can adapt/take from the comics, aside from time travel.

I think if they factor in the popularity/goodwill of X-Men '97, she's a shoe-in for X-Men '27.

I'm really curious how they are going to showcase her fireworks. Its so weird that Jubilee appeared in 4 movies and Fox couldn't even utilize her for power displays... A lot of people also said that her mutant powers is one of the worst, but i know how destructive fireworks are in real life, so they could really get creative with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"