''Jubilant Firecracker" The Official X3 Jubilee/Kea Wong Discussion Thread

Jennifer Walters

Attorney at Law
Reaction score
Jubilation Lee/Jubilee
jubilee-bigcostume2.jpg

Kea Wong

xmen.jpg

In this thread we will discuss all things Kea Wong and Jubilation Lee. What we want from the character in this film and possible future films. I am aware that Jubilee's role will be a cameo at best, but she's always been one of my favorite characters and I feel she needs to get some more credit.

Some topics to look at for X3:

• How will they display her powers if they do? We've all seen and heard how they planned to handle this when Singer was around, but will Ratner and his crew do it differently?
  • How will they make her power display signficantly different from Beverly Mahood's Dazzler cameo, assuming Mahood shows off Dazzler's trademark powers?
  • How do you want Kea and the writer's to portray Jubilation as a character?
Discuss on my fellow Hypers!

As do I Corey, but without the right thing to go under the yellow coat it might be considered tacky/blinding.

Imagine Kea wearing Jubilee's animated/90's get up? Bright ash yellow coat, pink shirt, blue shorts. Yeah, it'd be seizure inducing to say the least.

CoreyIAN said:
the green coat that kea wong wore have to go.

i prefer the trademark classic yellow coat.

I prefer what they had Katrina Florece wear in X1.

Yes. Actually I might get blasted for this, but part of me prefers Katrina over Kea. :o

But Kea's fine.

Nah Katrina from X-men was too meek sounding to be Jubilee. In the little glances that we saw of Kea, and the speaking scenes she had in X2, she definitely embodies our Jubilation.

sorry double post.

so i'll just say they should definitely just bite the bullet and give her a yellow coat. Maybe even a muter yellow if they're so worried about yellow looking horrible onscreen.

That coat was an obvious attempt from the costume designers to be like the yellow coat without the 90's "tackyness". Its just a plain ol' black leather coat with yellow paint splattered on it. And no, its not green paint.

I think it would be hard to do the yellow jacket without it looking corny and dated. I liked the vomit colored jacket they used. Now the fanny pack Kea was wearing gotta go though.

Why isn't Kea more exposed in Hollywood? I don't get it...

X1 Jubilee was the best.As was Kitty.Appearance-wise.

Both X1 Jubilee and X2 Jubliee were both cute.

Octoberist said:
Why isn't Kea more exposed in Hollywood? I don't get it...
Hollywood is tough. I know its cliche but the minorities have to have to fight harder for roles than caucasions + you've got producers giving roles to musicians (50 Cent, Justin Timberlake, the simpson sisters, Alicia Keys etc etc) just because they're popular not because they can act. I'm sure X2 got Kea more auditions/screentests but it obviously didn't get her more parts.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0910958/

Adam Corolla made a funny but somewhat true statement on 'Loveline' (KROQ, not the show) about Asian Americans in Hollywood. He said that out of all of the minorities right now, it seems like Asians are still struggling to get reconized in Hollywood. You got a good number of African Americans and Hispanic Americans getting attention right now, but with Asian Americans, it's a different story.

CoreyIAN said:
the green coat that kea wong wore have to go.

i prefer the trademark classic yellow coat.

Nah, im pretty sure they'll find something befitting for her, yellow would clash to much on film. That outfit in that pic though is really good though.

Octoberist said:
Both X1 Jubilee and X2 Jubliee were both cute.

cute, nothing. Kea is HOT!:ghost:

I just want her to have dialogue in the film and have at least one scene where she uses her powers. Basically, I just want her to have a little more to do than in X2 and i'll be satisfied. Part of me still really hopes she gets to fight someone(like avalanche or whomever is actually in the script).

The green coat looks fine on her; it's still very LA trendy!

Octoberist said:
Adam Corolla made a funny but somewhat true statement on 'Loveline' (KROQ, not the show) about Asian Americans in Hollywood. He said that out of all of the minorities right now, it seems like Asians are still struggling to get reconized in Hollywood. You got a good number of African Americans and Hispanic Americans getting attention right now, but with Asian Americans, it's a different story.

Yeah, I think they and maybe Indian/Arab looking americans have it the worst. The asians always have to play someone who either knows kung fu or is some sort of soft, sensetive geisha type and the arabs always have to either play terorrists or people accused of BEING terrorists.

I mean there are exceptions i've seen in both cases where these people get to play other things but they don't get them nearly as much as blacks and hispanics and definitley not as much as whites.

sad it is.

N_z0 said:
Nah Katrina from X-men was too meek sounding to be Jubilee. In the little glances that we saw of Kea, and the speaking scenes she had in X2, she definitely embodies our Jubilation.
Jubilee spoke in X2? She didn't even talk in the delete scene she was in, guess I'll have to check that out again.

How old is Kea Wong anyway?

It's funny...back in the 50s, I remembered that Middle Eastern people had a 'exotic' vibe in Hollywood. Remember Looney Toons or any other cartoons from the 40/50s? Anytimes they would show the middle east, it was full of hot bellydancers and flying carpets!

Now, sadly, it's not the same.

I think Katrina is prettier and looks more like how I would picture Jubilee in real life, except she's taller than what Jubilee would be.
Kea's a fine replacement I guess. The role was minimal so it's not like we can judge by her acting. I just hope if she's in X3 that the power is displayed more accurately, none of that spark of electricity crap.

I dont even know why they replaced Katrina..makes no sense. It's like when they replaced Kitty in X2 (and X3 :) ). It's dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"